Is country music "conservative" music?

Apr 2013
Left coast
Is that a typo ?

A word we often use to describe someone who’s crazy is ‘barmy’, but I’ve never come across the word ‘balmy’.
It sounded that way to me when I have heard it. The British tendency to "minimize" the r sound.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Is that a typo ?

A word we often use to describe someone who’s crazy is ‘barmy’, but I’ve never come across the word ‘balmy’.
From my dictionary, which btw exonerates the Brits :) : North American or dated extremely foolish; eccentric: this is a balmy decision.

May 2018
USA
I'm asking because two DTT posters have "opined" that the LV shooting was directed at people who like country music, you know, conservatives, rather than liberals who hate country music and who weren't there.

Or looking at it from a different angle, why do liberals hate country music?
Liberals don't hate country music. Where would you even get that idea? In fact most accomplished musicians ARE liberals (because most musicians are those "artsy-fartsy" types), and that includes country music musicians. Earl Scruggs was a liberal. Willie Nelson is certainly a liberal. Neil Young, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Keith Richards, etc. All those guys love country music, have MADE country music, and all are very liberal. Dolly Parton - super liberal. In fact I challenge you to name me more than 5 conservative musicians of ANY musical variety including country, if you can.

Conservatives are not generally creative people. Creativity takes brains.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Liberals don't hate country music. Where would you even get that idea? In fact most accomplished musicians ARE liberals (because most musicians are those "artsy-fartsy" types), and that includes country music musicians. Earl Scruggs was a liberal. Willie Nelson is certainly a liberal. Neil Young, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Keith Richards, etc. All those guys love country music, have MADE country music, and all are very liberal. Dolly Parton - super liberal. In fact I challenge you to name me more than 5 conservative musicians of ANY musical variety including country, if you can.

Conservatives are not generally creative people. Creativity takes brains.
Here are a few: https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...vative-but-these-musicians-are/262042/#slide2

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Musicians and entertainers can be conservative. According to them though, it is not healthy for upward mobility in their careers to identify themselves as such in public or to future employers in the industry.
"Can be", but how many actually ARE???
Oh I see, now vindictive "liberals" have absolute control over ALL of the entertainment industry, music. film, all of it.
We DO have a Conspiracy Theory forum you know.