Is Donald Trump Innocent?

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Bear with me a sec here, I am serious. Could it be I have been looking at this incorrectly.

What if Mr. Trumps truly believes what he says and simply does not grasp it as wrong. What if we are dealing with a childs mental abilities in an adult body, that seems to fit so much of his words and actions from decades past to today. If this is the reality is he truly guilty and bad or is he actually innocent and misunderstood. The habitual lying is explained, The angry name calling and lashing out, the poor choices in persons and staffing, the inability to pay attention and lack of desire to read or learn, the self belief in greatness and invulnerability, even the expectation of one sided loyalty.

It all makes sense when viewed in this light, and if you think on it you will probably note many other aspects that fit this scenario.

May 2018
USA
I think it's obvious Trump only has a childlike grasp of ANYTHING let alone anything with the gravity of the office of POTUS. That doesn't make him "innocent" though. Even a child knows when they are doing something wrong, usually.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Bear with me a sec here, I am serious. Could it be I have been looking at this incorrectly.

What if Mr. Trumps truly believes what he says and simply does not grasp it as wrong. What if we are dealing with a childs mental abilities in an adult body, that seems to fit so much of his words and actions from decades past to today. If this is the reality is he truly guilty and bad or is he actually innocent and misunderstood. The habitual lying is explained, The angry name calling and lashing out, the poor choices in persons and staffing, the inability to pay attention and lack of desire to read or learn, the self belief in greatness and invulnerability, even the expectation of one sided loyalty.

It all makes sense when viewed in this light, and if you think on it you will probably note many other aspects that fit this scenario.
The insanity defense rarely works, even in the courts. Most defendants are prosecuted for the crimes they committed, not their mental capacity.
We all watched the trials of the century and seen some pretty disturbing cases: Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, etc. Most of us (and the jurors) know for SURE these guys are completely certifiable but they were still judged like everyone else.
We know that Trump is crazy as a loon, but he'll be judged just like everyone else.
I rest my case. (Teehee--I always wanted to say that.)

Reactions: tecoyah
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
The insanity defense rarely works, even in the courts. Most defendants are prosecuted for the crimes they committed, not their mental capacity.
We all watched the trials of the century and seen some pretty disturbing cases: Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, etc. Most of us (and the jurors) know for SURE these guys are completely certifiable but they were still judged like everyone else.
We know that Trump is crazy as a loon, but he'll be judged just like everyone else.
I rest my case. (Teehee--I always wanted to say that.)
What if the Jury was corrupted to let them off?

Feb 2007
USA
In terms of the impeachment trial itself, I think a better question to ask is, "Do you, going forward, trust President Trump to faithfully execute the laws of the federal government, as required of him via the US Constitution, as well as trust him to recognize the well-established and affirmed Constitution-based oversight power and duty that Congress has regarding the Executive Branch regarding matters concerning impeachment and his potential removal from office?"

Indeed, as Hamilton said in Federalist 65, impeachment involves "those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust."

So, if you ask me, this question regarding "trust" is the question that senators, as well as the general public, should be asking themselves, especially since this political trial, rather than being a criminal trial, is not a trial that is meant to decide innocence or guilt. Instead, it is a trail which tests whether or not Trump should be trusted going forward.