Is free college possible?

Nov 2012
Chicago
Ah, I can see it already, thousands of morons applying at the U. of ILLINOIS. Uh Oh, there's not enough class room or instructors, or housing, to accommodate them. Something must be done, yes grade averages in H.S. must count, maybe even family income. Also this will probably not apply to private universities, just State supported Land Grant Universities. Cortez probably wouldn't even qualify.:think:

May 2018
Chicago
@noonereal, leekohler2

Always fascinating to see the sheep self-herd themselves into a blatantly false reality--an alternative snow globe world, if you will.

Now, you two have to contend against the laws of arithmetic in order to continue residing inside the artificial dome, and as we have witnessed, the comfort of the dream surpasses even the most fundamentally sound laws of nature when the two clash.

In the hopes that this may plant a seed to set you free someday in the future:

Nietzsche on the Anti-Morality of the Herd Mentality

Hahahahahaha! yeah, because no one here has ever heard of Neitzsche before. Go back to philosophy class, junior. You're way out of your depth here.

Just a quick question- did you go, or are you going college for free? Why or why not? I mean, I would assume that if you figured that out, just must have done it or are doing it.

Dec 2017
USA
You post of extreme false ego and a fair amount of real world ignorance.
@noonereal

Provide a coherent argument detailing how this would not be possible in the real world.

The grants are sent out the beginning of every semester, tuition has a fixed price, people receive bi-weekly paychecks from work in an amount that can easily be calculated, a $900 a month apartment is $450 with a room-mate, etc. etc. etc. Facts.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Yep- talk about somebody who's living inside an artificial dome.
@leekohler2

Yes.

In fact, it is exactly the type of thing CNN, MSNBC, high school counselors, academic advisers, journalists, etc. should be reporting on--if they were legitimate, that is.
OMG

another zelot take a gain of truth and grows it beyond reason... then somehow ties in a conspiracy theory to it.... all based on tribe mores

Is there anyone reasoned left in America?

Besides me of course. ;)

May 2018
Chicago
@leekohler2

Yes.

In fact, it is exactly the type of thing CNN, MSNBC, high school counselors, academic advisers, journalists, etc. should be reporting on--if they were legitimate, that is.
Let's try this again:

Just a quick question- did you go, or are you going college for free? Why or why not? I mean, I would assume that if you figured that out, just must have done it or are doing it.

May 2018
Chicago
OMG

another zelot take a gain of truth and grows it beyond reason... then somehow ties in a conspiracy theory to it.... all based on tribe mores

Is there anyone reasoned left in America?

Besides me of course. ;)
I just asked him if he has, or is, taking advantage of this "free" college he speaks of. If he hasn't, he needs to explain why not.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I just asked him if he has, or is, taking advantage of this "free" college he speaks of. If he hasn't, he needs to explain why not.
According o him it's free if you work at McDonald's. You just can't make this stuff up.