is it a mental illness?

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Sorry any article that uses words like "the liberal left" and "american values" in the same sentence and from an obviously heavily biased fright wing website just can't be take very seriously.

The truth is it takes years, with multiple doctors, including many long sessions with multiple psychiatrists and psychologists before they let you start the process of gender reassignment.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Sorry any article that uses words like "the liberal left" and "american values" in the same sentence and from an obviously heavily biased fright wing website just can't be take very seriously.

The truth is it takes years, with multiple doctors, including many long sessions with multiple psychiatrists and psychologists before they let you start the process of gender reassignment.
it is a biased site , bu that doesnt mean they are wrong, i've always thought in my gut anyone tha des this just has to be so fuckied in the head they are delusional and to sick to know their own mind, they need help not co dependent enablers, its like giving heroin addicts smack and considering them cured,and some people that is the solution give drunk addicts drugs, give child molesters kids to fuck, its sick, this is really a decadent aspect of the capitalsist system and i wont buy into you disease

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
it is a biased site , bu that doesnt mean they are wrong, i've always thought in my gut anyone tha des this just has to be so fuckied in the head they are delusional and to sick to know their own mind, they need help not co dependent enablers, its like giving heroin addicts smack and considering them cured,and some people that is the solution give drunk addicts drugs, give child molesters kids to fuck, its sick, this is really a decadent aspect of the capitalsist system and i wont buy into you disease

You went to a revival this weekend end ?? Got "saved" now you're a full on right wing evangelical Christian ??

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Bill has always been far more left of center. This line of reasoning seems out of character for him.
Yes. That is obvious. However, i recall when he first joined he mentioned that his views do not always align with the left. Sometimes on rare occasions, his views verge right. This is one of them i reckon.

So lets focus on the topic and not bill please.

Dec 2015
Arizona
What is wrong with people?? In this crazy world, THERE IS NO *NO* one-size-fits-all. Do I need to repeat that?
We are all different. We are all unique. We have different needs, different experiences and those needs and experiences MOLD US--they MAKE US who we are.
Some people go through their entire lives not really grasping WHO THEY ARE and this is not just about gender or abuse or addiction or any ONE thing. Some people commit suicide because they are so lost--their struggles overcome them and they give up and give in.
For God's sake: LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE. Let them make mistakes. Let them figure things out. Let them fail and then BE THERE to pick them up, dust them off and say "let's try that again and I will help".
When I was teaching one of my WORN phrases (to my students) was "YOU'VE got a big job. It's called taking care of yourself so TAKE CARE of yourself, mind your own business and others will do the same." Problem solved.

On a personal note. Our niece is transgender. WE've known since she was in high school. She has always dressed like a boy, talked like a boy, played sports like a boy. She has always had short-short hair. She's tall and muscular and now graduating from college. She's going through the surgeries and hormone treatment. She's a brilliant girl---has wonderful parents who have supported her from day ONE.
We love her to pieces. It's HER BODY and her choice. Whatever happens, her family (which includes us) will be there for her but I'm betting she's found who she is. She's happy so we're happy. The End.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
You went to a revival this weekend end ?? Got "saved" now you're a full on right wing evangelical Christian ??
so you want to make an ad hominem attck instead of discussing the issues, why is that/ why cant you stick to the issue, ask yourself that

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
so you want to make an ad hominem attck instead of discussing the issues, why is that/ why cant you stick to the issue, ask yourself that

Hmmmmm there are 30 to 40 million people in this country who PROUDLY wear the right wing, fundamental, evangelical Christian label. So when did asking if you have attended a revival or some such become an insult or an attack ?

Also I believe I had at least partially answered you early on. You don't just show up at a surgeons office and schedule gender reassignment surgery for next week. There is a serious process. It is deliberately long and rather arduous. It involved multiple doctors including psychiatrists who job it is to look for mental health issues. It takes years to make the conversion. It's not something you do on a whim.

However, my question to you is, why do you care ?? If someone wants to go through the entire process why does it matter to you ?? How does it change your life ??