Is it TIME ? A MODEST PROPOSAL FOR SEPARATING BLUE STATES FROM RED

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Are you agreeing with me for once, bill?
if you think the united states should be divided into red and blue confederations then yes i do.. i'm sick of the south and i have no desire to settle this with war, with the weapons at our disposal that would be mad (mutaully assured destruction) not willing to see the whole world go up in a mushroom cloud for gun control obamacare and gay marriage we should diviorce as amicably as possible and go our own way, we can be canada andyou unfortunetely will probalby end up looking like apartheid south africa or the south in the 50s, but i dont know what else to do.. of course i dont want to see a state based on such reactionary values but i have to ask myself do i want war tanks in the streets of atlanta? internment camps who says there is even a guaratee wed win such a war? we should lead by example like canada or sweden does

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.
For more than 80 years now, we—the residents of what some people like to call Blue America, but which I prefer to think of as the United States of We Pay Our Own Damn Way—have shelled out far more in federal tax monies than we took in. We have funded massive infrastructure projects in your rural counties, subsidized your schools and your power plants and your nursing homes, sent you entire industries, and simultaneously absorbed the most destitute, unskilled, and oppressed portions of your populations, white and black alike.
All of which, it turns out, only left you more bitter, white, and alt-right than ever.

Not literally, of course. Not even the good people of Canada should have to stomach a mass migration of moping American liberals mumbling, “Live locally … make art.” What I mean is that it’s time for blue states and cities to effectively abandon the American national enterprise, as it is currently constituted. Call it the New Federalism. Or Virtual Secession. Or Conscious Uncoupling—though that’s already been used. Or maybe Bluexit.

Truth is, you red states just haven’t been pulling your weight. Not for, well, forever. Red states are nearly twice as dependent on the federal government as blue states. Of the twelve states that received the least federal aid in return for each tax dollar they contribute to the U.S. Treasury, ten of them voted for Hillary Clinton—and the other two were Michigan and Wisconsin, your newest recruits. By the same count, 20 of the 26 states most dependent on federal aid went to Trump.
Take Mississippi (please!), famous for being 49th or 50th in just about everything that matters. When it comes to sucking at the federal teat, the Magnolia State is the undisputed champ. More than 40 percent of Mississippi’s state revenue comes from federal funding; one-third of its GDP comes from federal spending; for every dollar it pays out in federal taxes, it takes in $4.70 in federal aid; one in five residents are on food stamps—all national highs. You people—your phrase, not mine—liked to bash Obama for turning America into what you derisively referred to as “Food Stamp Nation.” In reality, it’s more like Food Stamp Red America—something your Trump-loving congressmen will discover if and when they fulfill their vow to gut the program.

More than a century ago, William Jennings Bryan—a real populist—assured angry rural citizens that if we burned down our cities, they would spring up again as if by magic, fueled by the prosperity and providence of the nation’s farmers. Today, if we were to burn down our cities, the rest of the country would likely become a wholly owned province of the People’s Republic of China.

We give up. You win. From now on, we’ll treat the animating ideal on which the United States was founded—out of many, one—as dead and buried. Federalism, truefederalism, which you have vilified for the past century, is officially over, at least in spirit. You want to organize the nation around your cherished principle of states’ rights—the idea that pretty much everything except the U.S. military and paper currency and the national anthem should be decided at the local level? Fine. We won’t formally secede, in the Civil War sense of the word. We’ll still be a part of the United States, at least on paper. But we’ll turn our back on the federal government in every way we can, just like you’ve been urging everyone to do for years, and devote our hard-earned resources to building up our own cities and states. We’ll turn Blue America into a world-class incubator for progressive programs and policies, a laboratory for a guaranteed income and a high-speed public rail system and free public universities. We’ll focus on getting our own house in order, while yours falls into disrepair and ruin. Why Blue States Should Exit Red America
Make the Continental Trail the dividing line. West of the Continental Divide are Blue and East are Red. I admit this is a draconian proposal but effective.

May 2018
USA
List of U.S. states and territories by income - Wikipedia

The highest ranked red state? Alaska at #4...the next red state? #14 Utah, followed by #15 Wyoming, then it's blue until we hit #23 Texas. Wow 4 states ranked in the top 23....

The 10 most and least educated states in 2018

ALL of the top 10 best educated states are blue states. ALL OF THEM. 10 LEAST educated? 9 of the lowest educated states are RED STATES.

Kinda says it all, huh? The red states are poor, uneducated, backward. It's much easier to convince an uneducated dullard to vote Republican than somebody with an education.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
List of U.S. states and territories by income - Wikipedia

The highest ranked red state? Alaska at #4...the next red state? #14 Utah, followed by #15 Wyoming, then it's blue until we hit #23 Texas. Wow 4 states ranked in the top 23....

The 10 most and least educated states in 2018

ALL of the top 10 best educated states are blue states. ALL OF THEM. 10 LEAST educated? 9 of the lowest educated states are RED STATES.

Kinda says it all, huh? The red states are poor, uneducated, backward. It's much easier to convince an uneducated dullard to vote Republican than somebody with an education.
I ask Mr. Brain from the Blue State why does the square root of two figure into the speed of light? Waiting for the intelligent answer from any Blue State.

1.414 is the square root of two to get your mind in gear.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
massachusetts
I think it would be very funny if the country was divided into two countries.. Lefty USA would be California Oregon and Washington on the west coast and the states on the north east coast along with a couple of "islands" being Minnesota and Illinois.. The Righty USA would be everything else. The Righty USA could sell Lefty USA everything it needs to survive. Oil and water mainly. Good luck Lefty USA......You will need it.
Yes the tiny pocket of Blue America would also have about 3/4 of the GDP, and think about this, who would subsidize the Red States if they weren't attached to the Blue States?
It would be like a giant third world country.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.
For more than 80 years now, we—the residents of what some people like to call Blue America, but which I prefer to think of as the United States of We Pay Our Own Damn Way—have shelled out far more in federal tax monies than we took in. We have funded massive infrastructure projects in your rural counties, subsidized your schools and your power plants and your nursing homes, sent you entire industries, and simultaneously absorbed the most destitute, unskilled, and oppressed portions of your populations, white and black alike.
All of which, it turns out, only left you more bitter, white, and alt-right than ever.

Not literally, of course. Not even the good people of Canada should have to stomach a mass migration of moping American liberals mumbling, “Live locally … make art.” What I mean is that it’s time for blue states and cities to effectively abandon the American national enterprise, as it is currently constituted. Call it the New Federalism. Or Virtual Secession. Or Conscious Uncoupling—though that’s already been used. Or maybe Bluexit.

Truth is, you red states just haven’t been pulling your weight. Not for, well, forever. Red states are nearly twice as dependent on the federal government as blue states. Of the twelve states that received the least federal aid in return for each tax dollar they contribute to the U.S. Treasury, ten of them voted for Hillary Clinton—and the other two were Michigan and Wisconsin, your newest recruits. By the same count, 20 of the 26 states most dependent on federal aid went to Trump.
Take Mississippi (please!), famous for being 49th or 50th in just about everything that matters. When it comes to sucking at the federal teat, the Magnolia State is the undisputed champ. More than 40 percent of Mississippi’s state revenue comes from federal funding; one-third of its GDP comes from federal spending; for every dollar it pays out in federal taxes, it takes in $4.70 in federal aid; one in five residents are on food stamps—all national highs. You people—your phrase, not mine—liked to bash Obama for turning America into what you derisively referred to as “Food Stamp Nation.” In reality, it’s more like Food Stamp Red America—something your Trump-loving congressmen will discover if and when they fulfill their vow to gut the program.

More than a century ago, William Jennings Bryan—a real populist—assured angry rural citizens that if we burned down our cities, they would spring up again as if by magic, fueled by the prosperity and providence of the nation’s farmers. Today, if we were to burn down our cities, the rest of the country would likely become a wholly owned province of the People’s Republic of China.

We give up. You win. From now on, we’ll treat the animating ideal on which the United States was founded—out of many, one—as dead and buried. Federalism, truefederalism, which you have vilified for the past century, is officially over, at least in spirit. You want to organize the nation around your cherished principle of states’ rights—the idea that pretty much everything except the U.S. military and paper currency and the national anthem should be decided at the local level? Fine. We won’t formally secede, in the Civil War sense of the word. We’ll still be a part of the United States, at least on paper. But we’ll turn our back on the federal government in every way we can, just like you’ve been urging everyone to do for years, and devote our hard-earned resources to building up our own cities and states. We’ll turn Blue America into a world-class incubator for progressive programs and policies, a laboratory for a guaranteed income and a high-speed public rail system and free public universities. We’ll focus on getting our own house in order, while yours falls into disrepair and ruin. Why Blue States Should Exit Red America
Just stop it, it's stupid and will never happen.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
The southern red states with ports would be far better off if seperates from the blue states and the blues states would be dependent on the red states because the red states are self-supporting.