Is the 2020 Primary already down to a 6-person race

Dec 2016
Canada
The only viable "solution" to all of this is an RBE. Resource Based Economy. All this hating on the rich and the super rich seems fine and dandy, until we start talking about an economy that actually equalizes everyone. Which is an RBE. Then even the most die hard liberals start balking. Why? Because they're fine and dandy with be higher on the ladder than those below them. And don't really want those peasants catching up.

All of this 1% and 99% BS would end with an RBE. And the ONLY lower class would be those who don't work and have to sponge off of those who do, directly. As in "can you buy me something to eat." Instead of going to the government and signing up for assistance.
With an RBE, there'd be no welfare. No need for social security. Little to no reason for war and ALL crimes that stem from money.
I'll have to take another look at this some time! If this is the same RBE concept I heard of a number of years back before Jacques Fresco died, it seemed like a good structural framework for organizing economies, since we all have to live on the resources that are available...rather than demand year over year growth, and expect Mother Earth to just provide for our expectations. But how far is the theory developed, and how practical is it, I don't know.

When it comes to rich and poor, seems obvious that resource based economy can't function if a handful of billionaires own half the wealth, while elite managers a little lower down are grabbing as much as they can also.

RBE may be the only way to prevent mass extinction today, as I've noticed the message is finally hitting home to media elites that the same old song and dance about cutting carbon emissions isn't being acted upon in any significant way, because growth-based capitalism can't work in a finite world with finite available resources for our consumption. It would seem to be a simple idea, but....and I don't know who said it first: it's easier to imagine the end of the world than it is to imagine the end of capitalism!

Dec 2015
Arizona
Warrens wealth vs Bloombergs wealth. Once you're rich, it doesn't matter how much more one has over the other. If you or her is complaining about one's wealth, what does it matter if one rich person has more than the other? I mean if you're against wealthy people, why not support someone who's not wealthy? It seems pretty hypocritical. To not support someone because they're richer than the rich...... And then bash one someone who's not rich.

Makes no sense.
May I just point out that in today's world millionaires are a dime a dozen? AND having a million smackaroos in assets OR in the bank/stock market is as common as ham sandwiches.
The U.S. has the most number of millionaires in the world. The United States added 700,000 new millionaire households in 2017, according to a new report from the Spectrem Group. The U.S. now has close to 11 million millionaires, up 6 percent from 2016, according to data from the Spectrum Group's Market Insights Report 2018.

Baby Boomers, as a whole, are a pretty wealthy group. The average millionaire is 62 yrs old. Boomer! In today's world, being a millionaire isn't considered "wealthy". It's considered comfortable because retirement is GOING to cost you.

Reactions: se7en
Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
Likely Biden will get the nomination as he is the most experienced and comes off as tough. IF trump is allowed to rune he is also the guy to "Take him behind the gym" both metaphorically and physically...plus he has the contacts that will be required to fix the mess and rebuild out international reputation.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Likely Biden will get the nomination as he is the most experienced and comes off as tough. IF trump is allowed to rune he is also the guy to "Take him behind the gym" both metaphorically and physically...plus he has the contacts that will be required to fix the mess and rebuild out international reputation.
Let's see what Iowa and New Hampshire have to say. Right now, Biden is NOT doing well in Iowa...and he'd better get his fundraising act together. He's slipping.