Biden is nothing more than Hillary Clinton in a suit...except a lot dumber! He also shares her uncanny knack of being the "unbeatable" candidate....who cannot fill a 500 seat auditorium!We haven't had the first Democratic primary yet, but poll after poll shows it might already be down to 6 candidates.
National 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary Polls
- Joe Biden is the early favorite. He has the most name recognition and he offers a simple pitch as a prospective president: a return to normalcy. Based on what's happened over the last two weeks, it looks like the strategy of moderate democrats is to make Trump look as crazy as possible then Joe comes in and says "Let's get back to normal."
- Bernie Sanders is the second horse in the race. Second most name recognition, the most aggressive agenda and an advocate for change. He, like Trump in 2016, is emblematic of a rejection of the establishment.
- Say what you want about Elizabeth Warren, she's separating herself by putting out policy after policy after policy. No one has put out more proposals than Warren and it's not even close. If you want to vote based on people trying to get things done, she's positioning herself as that candidate.
- Kamala Harris is positioning herself as the hard-nosed AG from CA who treats every Senate hearing like a court case. She looks and sounds like a prosecutor who isn't afraid to attack. And while it shouldn't matter, IMO, she appeals to both women and blacks in the US (I don't us "African American" because that doesn't encompass Jamaicans, Hatians, etc.)
- Beto O'Rourke still holds national appeal from his TX Senate race but he's got the personality appeal that helped propell Obama in 2007. His strategy is to go to coffee shop after coffee shop and talk to voters. That's it. It may work, but he'll have to prove himself on the debate stage.
- Mayor Pete Buttigeg is the most surprising candidate of the cycle. The 37 year old has show poise in the media, including his Fox News town hall. His appeal to the youth could be a major factor, if not as the front-runner, as a major VP candidate.
I would also argue keep an eye on Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar and Andrew Yang as I think they'll be good on a debate stage.
Bernie....I honestly don't know why Bernie is in it this time, rather than talking to and choosing one of the undeclared candidates to back early on....like Elizabeth Warren...though he's probably pissed off at the way she double crossed him in 2016 by joining the Borg and backing Clinton. He did his job already...he's got all of the candidates except for the clueless, wellfunded center right that Biden occupies, talking about raising the minimum wage, public healthcare plans and even the obscene costs of university education.
Warren is the only top tier candidate with a plan, and has new policy statements coming out on a regular basis.
Kamala Harris does NOT have the black vote! Only a small percentage...the black conservative elites, who may run black business and local politics, but like their richer white brethren are hated and despised in their communities for supporting mass encarceration policies and increasing police funding/at the expense of public services...so once black voters look under the hood, they'll see another black in name only politician...just like the one that was sitting in the White House and did nothing for them! Next!
Beto! Really? Stick a fork in him, he's done! I listened to Ryan Grimm - yesterday's guest on the Chapo Trap House Show; he made the point which I'm taking at face value that Beto's surprisingly successful attempt to take Ted Cruz's seat in Texas was largely thanks to having recruited many of Bernie's campaign workers in the off season. But he couldn't get most of them back when he decided to run for president...he should have known better.
Mayor Pete will soon be undone once more dirt gets out about how he has gentrified South Bend.
Where's Tulsi or even the other marginalized anti war candidate - Mike Gravel? Being against trillions of dollars in war spending is going to be the issue that the censored, dishonest MSM will not be able to fully suppress in the election year.