Is the 2020 Primary already down to a 6-person race

Dec 2016
Canada
We haven't had the first Democratic primary yet, but poll after poll shows it might already be down to 6 candidates.

National 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary Polls

The leaders
- Joe Biden is the early favorite. He has the most name recognition and he offers a simple pitch as a prospective president: a return to normalcy. Based on what's happened over the last two weeks, it looks like the strategy of moderate democrats is to make Trump look as crazy as possible then Joe comes in and says "Let's get back to normal."
- Bernie Sanders is the second horse in the race. Second most name recognition, the most aggressive agenda and an advocate for change. He, like Trump in 2016, is emblematic of a rejection of the establishment.

The rest
- Say what you want about Elizabeth Warren, she's separating herself by putting out policy after policy after policy. No one has put out more proposals than Warren and it's not even close. If you want to vote based on people trying to get things done, she's positioning herself as that candidate.
- Kamala Harris is positioning herself as the hard-nosed AG from CA who treats every Senate hearing like a court case. She looks and sounds like a prosecutor who isn't afraid to attack. And while it shouldn't matter, IMO, she appeals to both women and blacks in the US (I don't us "African American" because that doesn't encompass Jamaicans, Hatians, etc.)
- Beto O'Rourke still holds national appeal from his TX Senate race but he's got the personality appeal that helped propell Obama in 2007. His strategy is to go to coffee shop after coffee shop and talk to voters. That's it. It may work, but he'll have to prove himself on the debate stage.
- Mayor Pete Buttigeg is the most surprising candidate of the cycle. The 37 year old has show poise in the media, including his Fox News town hall. His appeal to the youth could be a major factor, if not as the front-runner, as a major VP candidate.

I would also argue keep an eye on Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar and Andrew Yang as I think they'll be good on a debate stage.
Biden is nothing more than Hillary Clinton in a suit...except a lot dumber! He also shares her uncanny knack of being the "unbeatable" candidate....who cannot fill a 500 seat auditorium!

Bernie....I honestly don't know why Bernie is in it this time, rather than talking to and choosing one of the undeclared candidates to back early on....like Elizabeth Warren...though he's probably pissed off at the way she double crossed him in 2016 by joining the Borg and backing Clinton. He did his job already...he's got all of the candidates except for the clueless, wellfunded center right that Biden occupies, talking about raising the minimum wage, public healthcare plans and even the obscene costs of university education.

Warren is the only top tier candidate with a plan, and has new policy statements coming out on a regular basis.

Kamala Harris does NOT have the black vote! Only a small percentage...the black conservative elites, who may run black business and local politics, but like their richer white brethren are hated and despised in their communities for supporting mass encarceration policies and increasing police funding/at the expense of public services...so once black voters look under the hood, they'll see another black in name only politician...just like the one that was sitting in the White House and did nothing for them! Next!

Beto! Really? Stick a fork in him, he's done! I listened to Ryan Grimm - yesterday's guest on the Chapo Trap House Show; he made the point which I'm taking at face value that Beto's surprisingly successful attempt to take Ted Cruz's seat in Texas was largely thanks to having recruited many of Bernie's campaign workers in the off season. But he couldn't get most of them back when he decided to run for president...he should have known better.

Mayor Pete will soon be undone once more dirt gets out about how he has gentrified South Bend.

Where's Tulsi or even the other marginalized anti war candidate - Mike Gravel? Being against trillions of dollars in war spending is going to be the issue that the censored, dishonest MSM will not be able to fully suppress in the election year.

Reactions: Sabcat
May 2018
none
Biden is nothing more than Hillary Clinton in a suit...except a lot dumber! He also shares her uncanny knack of being the "unbeatable" candidate....who cannot fill a 500 seat auditorium!

Bernie....I honestly don't know why Bernie is in it this time, rather than talking to and choosing one of the undeclared candidates to back early on....like Elizabeth Warren...though he's probably pissed off at the way she double crossed him in 2016 by joining the Borg and backing Clinton. He did his job already...he's got all of the candidates except for the clueless, wellfunded center right that Biden occupies, talking about raising the minimum wage, public healthcare plans and even the obscene costs of university education.

Warren is the only top tier candidate with a plan, and has new policy statements coming out on a regular basis.

Kamala Harris does NOT have the black vote! Only a small percentage...the black conservative elites, who may run black business and local politics, but like their richer white brethren are hated and despised in their communities for supporting mass encarceration policies and increasing police funding/at the expense of public services...so once black voters look under the hood, they'll see another black in name only politician...just like the one that was sitting in the White House and did nothing for them! Next!

Beto! Really? Stick a fork in him, he's done! I listened to Ryan Grimm - yesterday's guest on the Chapo Trap House Show; he made the point which I'm taking at face value that Beto's surprisingly successful attempt to take Ted Cruz's seat in Texas was largely thanks to having recruited many of Bernie's campaign workers in the off season. But he couldn't get most of them back when he decided to run for president...he should have known better.

Mayor Pete will soon be undone once more dirt gets out about how he has gentrified South Bend.

Where's Tulsi or even the other marginalized anti war candidate - Mike Gravel? Being against trillions of dollars in war spending is going to be the issue that the censored, dishonest MSM will not be able to fully suppress in the election year.
Well then, just go vote for Trump. :rolleyes: Oh wait, you CAN'T. ;)

The glass is half empty.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Why is he not being taken seriously

The Cory Booker baby made me chuckle, I'll admit it. The "Sparticus moment" perfectly encapsulates Booker for who he is. He's the Nicholas Cage of Senators. Everything is over the top, dramatic and no middle ground. He's incredibly intelligent. Like really really smart. But his personality can turn people off real easily.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The Cory Booker baby made me chuckle, I'll admit it. The "Sparticus moment" perfectly encapsulates Booker for who he is. He's the Nicholas Cage of Senators. Everything is over the top, dramatic and no middle ground. He's incredibly intelligent. Like really really smart. But his personality can turn people off real easily.
Plus he is sooo on the down low.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Bloomberg in.

I don't have many thoughts on him, but I think it would be funny for him to make fun of trump for how poor he is on the debate stage.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Bloomberg in.

I don't have many thoughts on him, but I think it would be funny for him to make fun of trump for how poor he is on the debate stage.
Here are the questions Bloomberg and friends (in fact all Dems) should be asking:
Does America really need another billionaire in the 2020 race?
Does America really WANT another old rich white guy in the oval office??
Does America think that Millens, GenZ and GenX will vote for Bloomberg?

It's time to "CULL" the candidates. It is not wise to confuse/ divide the party any further. We've got ONE goal and ONE GOAL only. Defeat Trump.
Bloomberg may not be TRUMP but he sure looks like it from a distance.
I say NO to Bloomberg. The top 2 are Biden and Warren.
The Iowa caucus is Feb 3. New Hampshire is Feb. 11. Let's see what happens between now and then--without Bloomberg.

Reactions: se7en
Sep 2019
Here
Gabbard called out the DNC for their corruption. Lately, she's called out the media for spewing lies about her. So the media, especially CNN, isn't going to even show her face, unless it's a hit piece against her. Which lowers her donation. Which keeps her from spending money on TV ads. and so forth and so on.
If she was a multi millionaire, she could spend money with CNN and they'd be nicer to her.

A person isn't going to get elected without spending money on network ads.

Sep 2019
Here
Here are the questions Bloomberg and friends (in fact all Dems) should be asking:
Does America really need another billionaire in the 2020 race?
Does America really WANT another old rich white guy in the oval office??
Does America think that Millens, GenZ and GenX will vote for Bloomberg?

It's time to "CULL" the candidates. It is not wise to confuse/ divide the party any further. We've got ONE goal and ONE GOAL only. Defeat Trump.
Bloomberg may not be TRUMP but he sure looks like it from a distance.
I say NO to Bloomberg. The top 2 are Biden and Warren.
The Iowa caucus is Feb 3. New Hampshire is Feb. 11. Let's see what happens between now and then--without Bloomberg.
Millionaires like Warren is OK. But not billionaires?

How about people like Gabbard who spent much of her life on a military salary, who's not a millionaire?

Reactions: right to left
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
The Left knows Warren will lose, and lose big.

That's why they are getting little Mike in the race.
... yea that's it. Everyone on the left huddled up and said "Look folks, Warren isn't cutting it. You know what we need to combat the asshole New York billionaire? We need an asshole New York billionaire."

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en