Is the 2020 Primary already down to a 6-person race

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I want to see a Warren/Buttigieg ticket winning. And then, after 8 years, we can have Buttigieg in the oval.
Not saying it's the end all be all, but among the top tier of candidates those two have the worst approval ratings among black voters. Just something to keep in mind.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Excellent article in the Times today about Buttigieg and the black voters. They aren't against him specifically. They're not FOR him because they have no idea about anything he's about.
The whole black anti-gay thing is a myth. The black anti-gay statistic is like 2 points higher than other racial groups. It's there - but not significant enough to make him not a contender.
And they're VERY into his faith-on-his-sleeve attitude.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
Excellent article in the Times today about Buttigieg and the black voters. They aren't against him specifically. They're not FOR him because they have no idea about anything he's about.
The whole black anti-gay thing is a myth. The black anti-gay statistic is like 2 points higher than other racial groups. It's there - but not significant enough to make him not a contender.
And they're VERY into his faith-on-his-sleeve attitude.
I didn't know that, that's good to know

AA turnout (or lack thereof) may very well decide this race

Reactions: tristanrobin

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I want to see a Warren/Buttigieg ticket winning. And then, after 8 years, we can have Buttigieg in the oval.
Again, at her age do you really think Warren will do 8? I hope that is the scenario to see Buttigieg in 4.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
the more I listen to Buttigieg speak, the more I think he'd be the perfect president, and exactly what we need to help recover from trump

I still like Warren, and know she's the more realistic option, but he's pretty great

Reactions: tristanrobin
Dec 2016
Canada
Millionaires like Warren is OK. But not billionaires?

How about people like Gabbard who spent much of her life on a military salary, who's not a millionaire?
This shows the shallowness of identity politics and its players! The "another old white man" horseshit is also thrown at Bernie Sanders...who's had a consistent record for the past 40 years in Congress. While Warren didn't even switch parties until a little over 20 years ago. That's because he's considered a threat by the oligarchs and their chosen candidates.

Right now, it appears that they consider Warren a b-list candidate...not a first choice. That would be senile clown - Biden or "Mayor Pete," mayor of the giant, bustling city of South Bend Indiana! Pete is the perfect errand boy for the rich and powerful: willing to pivot and speak on their behalf, while trying to sound as populist as possible. And MSM can pull up the next identity politics card - a gay president...what a breakthrough.....since we already got the black president.....who did nothing for the vast majority of black people....actually set them further behind, while Hillary would have been too busy serving the war profiteers to do anything for working women

The Right was the first to get sucked in to supporting evil, disgusting players when they started listening to rightwing billionaires back in the 80's...who would mention Jesus every now and then, wave the flag, talk about a 'strong military', and campaign for ending 'abortion on demand.' Millions of churchgoing rubes followed the line of Paul Weyrich, the Koch Bros., the Hunts and other Texas oil barons and other billionaires who played the right side of aisle and likely didn't believe a word of the rightwing social gospel! They just felt it went well with low taxes....especially on investment income, ending estate taxes, deregulating dirty industries, ending import tariffs to allow outsourcing of manufacturing, while the liberal agenda would cost more and restrict their abilities to use government for their benefit.

But, at least since the Clinton 90's, what passes for the "Left" in America is a media focused collective of virtue signalling liberals! Who are all about identity --- gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and don't have much of anything left over for any class analysis..which is where the real left lives and works.

Liberalism has been a bigger disaster for the majority of working people than anything that the right ever cooked up. It reminds me of a quote from British media commentator and former Labour MP - George Galloway: "the greatest achievement Margaret Thatcher ever made was creating Tony Blair!"
It might take a second to think about it, but most Brits understand that so many of Thatcher's agenda like privatization of public assets and corporations, had to wait until they were pushed across the finish line by Blair! But if it was Blair calling for selling the railways and privatizing public schools into charter schools, the Conservatives could support it while Labour MP's .....like Galloway...who refused to play along, were kicked out of the party.

Same deal in America with Third Way Clinton, finishing Reagan and Bush's To Do list and facing no effective opposition. And Obama carrying on Bush's wars and war crimes and military spending increases, while doing nothing for those he claimed to be representing. Identity politics divides people all across income levels, while class politics is what the billionaires fear now the most, because it's already happening in some countries that aren't making the news this year, but they will likely meet the challenge in the same way that the Chilean Armed Forces did in 1973, with the backing of Henry Kissinger and the CIA. Can they do something similar in America? Can't completely discount it anymore.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Sep 2019
Here
My original post wasn't too far off. I said back in May it was a race between:
Biden, Sanders, Warren, Pete, Harris and O'Rourke

It's now Nobemver and it seems the race is down to
Biden, Sanders, Warren, Pete, and a drop off to Harris, Klobuchar and Yang?
Gabbard?

Feb 2019
here and there
... yea that's it. Everyone on the left huddled up and said "Look folks, Warren isn't cutting it. You know what we need to combat the asshole New York billionaire? We need an asshole New York billionaire."
There is no low that is too low for which the Left will stoop in which to gain power.

Before Little Mike they abhor billionaires, but when they see that they are getting their arse kicked they will turn to one to fight fire with fire.

Reactions: YoursTruly