Is the shine coming off the anointed one?

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Someone once said "money talks, bullshit walks". I wonder if this is an example.

Trump Tower Is Now One of NYC’s Least-Desirable Luxury Buildings

Some excerpts below. When I try to quote it, the software adds funny formating.

... And Trump’s name has been a huge turnoff in liberal New York City.

For anyone who owns a unit in the tower, the past two years have been brutal. Most condo sales have led to a loss after adjusting for inflation, property records show. Several sold at more than a 20% loss. By contrast, across Manhattan, just 0.23% of homes over the past two years sold at a loss, according to real-estate data provider PropertyShark, although the firm doesn’t adjust for inflation.

While some corners of Trump’s business empire have thrived, such as his Washington D.C. hotel, others have suffered from his high unpopularity. Rounds of golf are down at his public course in New York, a clutch of once Trump-branded buildings have torn his name off their fronts, and an ambitious plan to launch a new mid-tier hotel chain across the country fizzled.

The commercial portion of the building has been struggling for months to find tenants for more than 42,000 square feet of vacant office space, despite advertising rents well below the area’s average, listings and data from real estate brokers show.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I read somewhere that more than a few of his foreign "licensed" properties are not renewing their agreements with Trump and company. The "Trump brand" especially outside the US is terribly tarnished and they want nothing to do with having his name on their properties.

I think once he's out of office, he will finds his ability to conduct business in foreign countries more than a little limited. You can't, as president name call and bad mouth our allies, and then expect them to welcome you with open arms later on.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I read somewhere that more than a few of his foreign "licensed" properties are not renewing their agreements with Trump and company. The "Trump brand" especially outside the US is terribly tarnished and they want nothing to do with having his name on their properties.

I think once he's out of office, he will finds his ability to conduct business in foreign countries more than a little limited. You can't, as president name call and bad mouth our allies, and then expect them to welcome you with open arms later on.
Gee, I read somewhere that what you read somewhere isn't true.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
If Trump does it right his Secret Service "protection" will need to rent at least a whole floor of apts and provide armored limo service to anywhere in the city. Maybe even get the place renovated to incorporate the latest in urban armor. If he works it right, you know like the Klintons did with Chappaqua, he'll live rent free along with his family in a building that he owns! Now, lets see if they can do it with Mar a Lago too. Sweet!

Feb 2019
here and there
Someone once said "money talks, bullshit walks". I wonder if this is an example.

Trump Tower Is Now One of NYC’s Least-Desirable Luxury Buildings

Some excerpts below. When I try to quote it, the software adds funny formating.

... And Trump’s name has been a huge turnoff in liberal New York City.

For anyone who owns a unit in the tower, the past two years have been brutal. Most condo sales have led to a loss after adjusting for inflation, property records show. Several sold at more than a 20% loss. By contrast, across Manhattan, just 0.23% of homes over the past two years sold at a loss, according to real-estate data provider PropertyShark, although the firm doesn’t adjust for inflation.

While some corners of Trump’s business empire have thrived, such as his Washington D.C. hotel, others have suffered from his high unpopularity. Rounds of golf are down at his public course in New York, a clutch of once Trump-branded buildings have torn his name off their fronts, and an ambitious plan to launch a new mid-tier hotel chain across the country fizzled.

The commercial portion of the building has been struggling for months to find tenants for more than 42,000 square feet of vacant office space, despite advertising rents well below the area’s average, listings and data from real estate brokers show.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
LOL, for a second I thought this was an Obama thread.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I see, you just made it up. Well I'd be embarrassed too.

You only wish I had made it up.

NEW YORK — When workers pried the Trump name off another Manhattan building earlier this year, it capped a bad few weeks for the president’s businesses.

Donald Trump’s golf resorts in Scotland had just posted millions of dollars in losses, one of his hotels in Panama had rebranded itself a Marriott

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...hit-as-the-brand-has-lost-its-mojo-2018-12-23