Is the sun causing global warming?

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
If the government doesn't acquire the capacity to make affordable for the consumer standby power, eventually the market is going to stop providing it, or at least at a rate the masses can afford.
So you're in favor of government subsidies to privately owned power corporations? If those subsidies support the development and commercial application of MSRs, I would be too. Otherwise, they're not needed. Exxon/Mobil will do just fine without them.

Salt Is A Pillar Of Our Nuclear Future

Last edited:
May 2019
USA
So you're in favor of government subsidies to privately owned power corporations? If those subsidies support the development and commercial application of MSRs, I would be too. Otherwise, they're not needed. Exxon/Mobil will do just fine without them.

Salt Is A Pillar Of Our Nuclear Future
No I am in favor of the government building and operating power plants themselves at a loss to keep supply consistent and exert downward price pressure on standby power generated by private companies.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Sun Blamed for Warming of Earth and Other Worlds

Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun’s activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Sun Blamed for Warming of Earth and Other Worlds
If the sun was driving the earth's warming climate, then every single planetary body in our solar system should be warming. This is not the case, and in fact solar output has decreased slightly.

Solar output can, obviously, affect earth's climate, but presently the observed warming cannot be attributed to the sun.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Government debt is of no consequence. If the government doesn't acquire the capacity to make affordable for the consumer standby power, eventually the market is going to stop providing it, or at least at a rate the masses can afford.
???

This makes no sense at all. Government never makes anything affordable, it has no motivation to do so.

Nov 2013
NM
???

This makes no sense at all. Government never makes anything affordable, it has no motivation to do so.
Rural electrification, the massive electrical power/water control dams - mostly built out West, the canal & railroad transportation networks, the Interstate Highway system, breaking up monopolies ...

Dec 2015
Arizona
I can't even believe ANYONE is responding to this thread. Dino dropped his fishing line in the water and you all took the bait.
Come on, Peeps!