Is this how we (humans) were "created"?

Mar 2007
Ga
Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy

I've always considered it a possibility that we were "created" by another more advanced race of beings. Here is a sign that it might be possible. And if we can do it, there's no doubt that a race with a few more million years of development time could pull it off. I have doubts our "intelligence" is a fluke of evolution. Especially when some scientists say that we have much more capacity for learning, but much of it is "blocked" somehow.

Jul 2007
NJ
I'm one of those kooks who doesn't have a problem believing that we were created by another race with their DNA and whatever was living on earth at the time. I read about all the world's different mythologies and they could be interpreted to support that theory. Even the *gasp* Bible *gasp* Check out the Sumerian mythologies if you're interested.

Mar 2007
Ga
waitingtables said:
I'm one of those kooks who doesn't have a problem believing that we were created by another race with their DNA and whatever was living on earth at the time. I read about all the world's different mythologies and they could be interpreted to support that theory. Even the *gasp* Bible *gasp* Check out the Sumerian mythologies if you're interested.
That makes two of us. It's good to have another believer here.

Jul 2007
NJ
So how do you think it went down? And don't worry, I don't expect you to post a full story, because I know how hard it is to make it short and sweet.

Mar 2007
Ga
waitingtables said:
So how do you think it went down? And don't worry, I don't expect you to post a full story, because I know how hard it is to make it short and sweet.
To be honest, I have no idea. There are so many ifs and maybees in something like this. It's like a religion. Considering the vastness of space, we might have just been left here to fend on our own until the next mass extinction. Without the necessary technology, we aren't going very far. And even if we try, the dangers of space travel would pretty wreck our fragile selves.

To me though, it's just curious that we are the only intelligent beings on the planet. And it seems we all have certain traits ingrained throughout our species, yet we still are related to "other" life here on the planet.

But the ancient pictures of space alien-like beings and powered flying vehicles...I don't know, it's puzzling. I just leave it at, I don't think we necessarily evolved naturally to where we are today.

Jul 2007
NJ
Ok, I see. I really don't know myself, but I have become a tireless researcher into the possiblity, and the real stories about our existence. I like reading the mythologies from cultures that had no interaction, and finding the similarities in their oldest stories.

Mar 2007
Ga
waitingtables said:
Ok, I see. I really don't know myself, but I have become a tireless researcher into the possiblity, and the real stories about our existence. I like reading the mythologies from cultures that had no interaction, and finding the similarities in their oldest stories.
Exactly. I agree with you on that. Like the Mayan prophesy isn't limited to the Mayans, missing civilizations, ancient mathmatics and astronomy prowess, and stuff like that.

Mar 2007
Ga
Just a few highlights though...

For example, an experiment that would raise concerns, he said, is genetically engineering mice to produce human sperm and eggs, then doing in vitro fertilization to produce a child whose parents are a pair of mice.

Before you think that's not yet possible...

Mice Used as Sperm Factories for Pigs, Goats

I'm sorry, but this stuff is terrifying to me. And I'm not religious. I'm sure a more religious person would be beside themselves.

Could you imagine a "sick" doctor doing "tests" in a third world country on humans?

Or "Pinky and the Brain" anyone?

Later this year he may conduct another experiment where the mice have 100 percent human brains. This would be done, he said, by injecting human neurons into the brains of embryonic mice.