Is Trump setting a "briar patch" trap?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
What are your thoughts on this @Clicker II
I don't think Trump's doing it but I do think there are conservatives who think an impeachment attempt, sure to fail at this point, could insure a second term. It's obvious that the Dems leadership and moderates aren't behind losing their ass by impeaching Trump so there's more than partisan support for ot doing it. In fact, since SanFran Nan is back in the big chair she's acting like she wants to go out in that same chair not in the midst of a mud slinging diversion to her greatness.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I don't think Trump's doing it but I do think there are conservatives who think an impeachment attempt, sure to fail at this point, could insure a second term. It's obvious that the Dems leadership and moderates aren't behind losing their ass by impeaching Trump so there's more than partisan support for ot doing it. In fact, since SanFran Nan is back in the big chair she's acting like she wants to go out in that same chair not in the midst of a mud slinging diversion to her greatness.
Thanks for clarifying

Nov 2017
With all the spin and distortion by the Left-biased media, it may be that things look like he's setting up traps.

As far as I can tell, all Trump has been basically doing is playing chess; nothing more. He probably spent decades learning how to read things like politicians & the politically biased media, and knows how to make the best counter moves against any move thrown at him. In fact, he doesn't necessarily have to be that good at playing this political "chess" game, because all he has to do is make the most logical counter-move, and that's not that difficult to figure out. It could be that he uses the best consultants to make decisions. Don't let him make you think he doesn't use consultants just because he expresses a big dislike for them, in his book.

Just like with trolls online, the best thing Trump's opponents can do is ignore him. Trump is like Sebastian Shaw, the X-Men mutant who can absorb energy and re-use it for his own purposes. If people keep feeding Trump by attacking him, all they'll end up doing is making him more powerful - mainly in the sense that they're only increasing his chances of winning re-election in 2020. Notice, though, that the media won't do that; either the media actually likes Trump, don't seem to get that all they're doing is feeding what they dislike, or don't actually care one way or another because he makes for a good source of news stories.

No, Trump isn't setting up a trap in the same way the graboids do in Tremors to make the tractor fall into the pit; what Trump may have done, though, is more like dug some rather deep ditches or large trenches along both sides of roads so anyone who veers of the road only ends up falling into them.

Apr 2014
redacted
With all the spin and distortion by the Left-biased media, it may be that things look like he's setting up traps.......
Is that the current spin and distortion by the Right-biased media? :)

FWIW, all media sources are businesses seeking a profit and nothing is more profitable than selling sex, blood and controversy. It’s fitting that we have a Reality TV show President because he’s the perfect feeding source for today’s “Infotainment” media businesses.