Italian American Civil Rights

Jul 2019
new jersey
For an adjunct job, I have a PhD. Several times, it has been classes that I currently teach or have taught. It is hard to prove discrimination when no one believes you.

Sep 2017
Hell
For an adjunct job, I have a PhD. Several times, it has been classes that I currently teach or have taught. It is hard to prove discrimination when no one believes you.
For someone with your education and intellect, you appear to be very thin skin with no sense of humor or appreciation of sarcasm. Pensacola Niceman was intentionally using Hollywood stereotyping as a form of saying he understands how things work when common folks are continuously fed perceptions of a certain group of people. Italian Americans themselves are largely responsible for this. The Godfather was written by Mario Puzo. Almost the entire cast of Sopranos were Italian-Americans, which by the way stereotyped the Italians as so homophobic that they would kill one of their one in the most brutal way just for being gay, which was why I posted what I did, to needle you with yet more sarcasm.

Italians are not a race, so your claim of racism against Italians is just wrong. For a guy claiming a PhD, you seem unable to distinguish the difference between racism and bigotry. I grew up first in Little Italy in NYC and went to a private Roman Catholic school where every single person from the congregation and school was Italian, down to the cafeteria ladies. Non-Italians need not apply for a job or to be enrolled as a student. I grew up surrounded by Italians and only Italians until the day my parents decided to head for California. Where did we live, in the North Beach in San Francisco, once again surrounded by Italians. I realize now that Italians themselves are xenophobic and tend to stick together rather than just to go smoothly in the melting pot. When you encounter Italian-Americans suddenly putting on a Italian accent once they are in an environment that is predominately Italian, it is rather odd.

I simply do not see how Italians are discriminated against in this day and age. And as far as the early immigrants, Italians do not have exclusive nor predominant claim against discrimination. Blacks and Asians had if far worst.

Jul 2019
new jersey
You represent the kind of bias that I am fighting against. Yes, you are being racist. Racism is not just about color. Anti-Semitism is racism but Jews are viewed as white by most people. Racism is viewing anyone as inferior due to culture or genetics. Your racist attitude holds us back. We are not xenophobic. You are just spreading racist stereotypes.

Sep 2017
Hell
You represent the kind of bias that I am fighting against. Yes, you are being racist. Racism is not just about color. Anti-Semitism is racism but Jews are viewed as white by most people. Racism is viewing anyone as inferior due to culture or genetics. Your racist attitude holds us back. We are not xenophobic. You are just spreading racist stereotypes.
For someone claiming a PhD, you have a serious reading comprehension issue, as well as understanding what racism is. Anti-Semitism is not a racist - just a wrong usage of words and misunderstanding of racism. just as you are clearly demonstrating. I believe it is fair the say that at least most of the Arab nations are anti-Jewish or anti-Zionism, but genetically, Arabs and Hebrews are all Semites.

You have demonstrated that you are one of the guys that see racism around every corner and lash out against those who question your claims. I lived the life of an Italian-American, so I will clearly and strongly call you out to be nothing more than an alarmist pushing "Woe with us, we are picked on". My name is more Italian than yours, CHRISTOPHER.

Jul 2019
new jersey
Marcus Livius is a Roman or Latin name not an Italian one. I no reason to think that you are an Italian American. Use your real name. This website is ludicrous. There is no moderation of it at all. Anti-Semitism is racism. Where are you getting that any experts on racism do not think that it is racism. racism is anything that racializes someone. Booth anti-Semitism and anti-Italianism involves racialization and thus are forms of racism. You are attacking my name. Christopher is a common Italian American name, like Cristoforo Colombo. My name is plenty Italian. Your logic about racism is completely flawed. Anti-Semitism does not mean being against all Semites, just against Jews. So an Arab can be anti-Semitic. Also racializing someone can include racializing language, religious distinctions, color, or facial features.

Jul 2019
new jersey
I think thst this website despite claiming to be a place for civil rights, is a right-leaning site. The rhetoric in this thread is not supportive of civil rights. I hope you do not treat the LGBT community this way.

Jul 2019
new jersey
You are impuning whether I have a PhD? The moderators are useless here, as they simply just ratify and condone your anti-Italian racism. When an Italian American tries to start a real conversation on civil rights, your collective defense is to attack my education, my intelligence, my name and to use stereotypes like vendettas. The mob does not even use vendettas, that is not the language used. Do you get away with such stereotypes on the other civil rights websites on efending the Truth. Would the moderators stop you if you attacked LGBT or African American people the way you attack me? On my other thread, I try to have a serious conversation on Italian federalism, someone immediately posts an image of Mussolini and the moderators chastise me for objecting to the racism inherent in the image. Italian Americans are more marginalized on the polite Internet than many other groups because the powerful on these boards do not support the marginalized person but the victimizers.

Jul 2019
new jersey
Italian Americans are not counted by the Census, we are attacked by our own politicians, our ethnic holiday is attacked, our statues are victimized by hate crimes that no one prosecutes, the media marginalizes us with crippling stereotypes,and we are underrepresented in major industries and in elite colleges. All of that deserves a civil rights movement. Discuss.

Jul 2018
Earth
Italian Americans are not counted by the Census, we are attacked by our own politicians, our ethnic holiday is attacked, our statues are victimized by hate crimes that no one prosecutes, the media marginalizes us with crippling stereotypes,and we are underrepresented in major industries and in elite colleges. All of that deserves a civil rights movement. Discuss.
Hire the people who whine the best to push your agenda.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Have you ever considered that you just aren't good enough and it has nothing to do with your heritage?