Italian federalism

Jul 2019
new jersey
I am an Italian American and I want one day to become a dual citizen though that is very hard from what I have heard. Thus, I keep an eye on Italian politics. Plus I am a political scientist. I fear what is happening in Italy. The left is insisting on centralism and European federalism under Renzi but the right has become unhinged under Mazzini. The center has somehow turned in Maio's 5 Star Movement, which has incoherent positions and provides no new solutions to old problems. Right now, Italy is rudderless. One of the central problems is that despite the left's general position that the country is too decentralized, it is in fact too centralize. An Italian federation would allow for the central government to deal with the msot important matters and each region would be able to have its own priorities. How do we convince Italians to support federalism?

May 2019
USA
As an American, I have no interest in how Italy organizes its government. Countries need to decide these things for themselves.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
And yet weren't you one of those arguing against reparations to American blacks since no one who would be paying was alive then?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I am an Italian American and I want one day to become a dual citizen though that is very hard from what I have heard. Thus, I keep an eye on Italian politics. Plus I am a political scientist. I fear what is happening in Italy. The left is insisting on centralism and European federalism under Renzi but the right has become unhinged under Mazzini. The center has somehow turned in Maio's 5 Star Movement, which has incoherent positions and provides no new solutions to old problems. Right now, Italy is rudderless. One of the central problems is that despite the left's general position that the country is too decentralized, it is in fact too centralize. An Italian federation would allow for the central government to deal with the msot important matters and each region would be able to have its own priorities. How do we convince Italians to support federalism?
If you want to be a dual citizen, find the last Italian ancestor's US citizenship papers.
If that person renounced the King of Italy, which was part of the regular form, you have a difficult process to go through.
If that person didn't renounce the king, which wasn't included in the citizenship for people who served in the US military, then your dual citizenship is automatic.

Nov 2012
Gamma Solaris
I am an Italian American and I want one day to become a dual citizen though that is very hard from what I have heard. Thus, I keep an eye on Italian politics. Plus I am a political scientist. I fear what is happening in Italy. The left is insisting on centralism and European federalism under Renzi but the right has become unhinged under Mazzini. The centre has somehow turned in Maio's 5 Star Movement, which has incoherent positions and provides no new solutions to old problems. Right now, Italy is rudderless. One of the central problems is that despite the left's general position that the country is too decentralised, it is in fact too centralised. An Italian federation would allow for the central government to deal with the most important matters and each region would be able to have its own priorities. How do we convince Italians to support federalism?
Io Calabrese! The tide has turned in Italy. Leftists have wreaked havoc on our homeland one too many times and it won't be allowed to happen, again.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
good luck!

io sono italo-americana ♥♥♥

all i hear from friends and family in different parts of Italy is what a disaster it is over there, politically and in other ways. i told them i wanted to move back home, and they all went crazy saying there are no jobs and no reason for me to come. idk how to fix such a disaster, or to work to get Italians all on board with policies. i might learn first hand, if a certain someone in Sardinia and i hit it off really well lol

Mar 2017
Matosinhos Portugal
Italy wonderful country, I met the city of Ravenna in 1976 = Itália país maravilhoso,eu conheci a cidade de Ravenna em 1976

The great problem of Italy, is with the refugees and with the immigrants, as there are some European countries, my country Portugal also has similar problems. I think that Europe is shaking, with the current policies
O grande problema de Italia,é com os refujiados e com os imigrantes,como tem alguns países da europa,meu país Portugal tambem tem problemas similar.Penso que a Europa está tremendo,com as politicas actuais.
An Italian American, parli italiano, you speak Italian.

Um italiano americano, tu falas italiano.