It's good to get answers to so many questions,

Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
Here's one that I've been waiting for a reporter to ask. They are still wasting time and our patience trying to make it all about Trump's errors. They would do better to ask relevant questions like this one.
I realize you do not care about or understand what is happening right now, but please do not spread this BS and turn on MSNBC RIGHT NOW to get some perspective. It is live and accurate but rather scary.

Reactions: Kode and Athena
Feb 2014
Oregon
It is futile giving some people answers because they just don't comprehend them. While my sister, my son, and daughter, and granddaughter serve on the frontlines it would be great if I thought we have nothing to worry about. Would you be so passive if the enemy were carrying guns, instead of being invisible?

Reactions: se7en and tecoyah
Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
I think my wifes daughter (also a nurse that she works with) just got sent home from work with this virus. I am worried and upset.

Jun 2019
ROT
I think my wifes daughter (also a nurse that she works with) just got sent home from work with this virus. I am worried and upset.
Nothing wrong with that. We are living through a dark period of history and it's just getting started.

Best of luck to her (and us all)...

Feb 2020
Houston
Here's one that I've been waiting for a reporter to ask. They are still wasting time and our patience trying to make it all about Trump's errors. They would do better to ask relevant questions like this one.
I'm with you that's important for people to know. I can see someone hunkered down at home, eating only canned food after scrubbing and sanitizing the cans before they open it.

The media is hell-bent on scaring us as much as possible. Meanwhile reporters are not missing a trick in getting face time on camera no matter how many people are in the gathering. They are likely hoping to get the virus so they can claim they bravely risked their health to get the truth out.*

On the other hand, I'm not sure what question for the president this would call for other than an "is it true that . . . " kind of question intended to state a fact rather than gather information.

*Mind you, these are the same brave souls who have been phoning in coverage of the war in Iraq from their Baghdad hotel rooms for years as our soldiers die in the streets.

Nov 2005
California
Some of these threads are started with no clear demonstration of what they are saying...
Does Clicker II think that this article shows a shelter in is pointless?
Does he think the article shows something is fake?
:rolleyes:

From the article:
"The transmission is through the respiratory epithelium in your nose, mouth, and eyes. It's unlikely to be transmitted in the food, more likely on hands while holding food packaging," said Dr. Eric Cioe-Pena, an emergency physician and the director of global health for Northwell Health.

"The primary mode of transmission of the virus from person to person is through direct inhalation of droplets (as in, being within 6 feet of someone when they cough or sneeze and breathing it in)," Meyer said.

Meyer and Cioe-Pena said that you should maintain a six-foot distance between yourself and the cashier or delivery person while ordering. Avoid sharing a pen if you're signing a bill. Make sure to wash your hands after handling the packaging of the food, which could possibly spread the coronavirus — though Cio-Pena says the risk is low.​

So the article rules out disease transmission via contaminated food. Food => presumably fear of eating contaminating food.
I honestly didn't know that contaminated food was a concern for some as restaurants are still open.

The article DOES encourage a six foot distance and avoiding touching things that may have been touched by a sick person.

Feb 2014
Oregon
The stupidest thing in the world is to send people home to infect their families. We still are not taking things seriously enough. Given that we are most comfortable in our own homes, maybe going home is the best, but we should be followed by a health nurse who also brings supplies and makes sure a person can stay at home without putting the family at any greater risk than what can be avoided. Right now home care is not something to leave to untrained and unprepared people.

And economically, why is it good for our economy to spend, spend, spend on a military defense, but it isn't good for our economy to spend on our medical system and a defense against pandemics? Why? Seriously part of the reason for Eisenhower approving the Military-Industrial Complex was economic. When the government spends money someone makes a big profit and following WWII the industry that got rich supplying military needs didn't want to give that up and when there was a dip in the economy, it was agreed to funnel government spending back into the economy through these government contracts. I really want to know why it isn't just as good for our economy to have medical contracts for funneling government money into our economy?

Food stamps are about supporting our farmers who took a huge hit when Europe recovered and no longer need our produce.

Our present economy is built around maintaining wartime government contracts, and only the food went to consumers. We need to get our medical care on a government contract and funnel money through it to the consumers, boosting our economy and protecting it against the invisible enemies that can strike anywhere.

Reactions: tecoyah
Jul 2018
Earth
So, it seems that you are perfectly OK with eating food that some asshole has licked or coughed all over. Most intelligent people aren't.