It's looking like Trump managed the Iran crisis well

Jul 2014
massachusetts
What a load of malarkey. He was directing all of the Shite militia terrorism activity in the greater area. Terrorist activity that has resulted in many US military and civilian deaths. Thank god he is dead.
That's what fake news has put out to fool morons.
But the general had an appointment with the Iraqi premier, to deliver the Iranian response to a message delivered by the Iraqis from the Saudis. When a high level official travels to another country, that's called a diplomatic mission. When its purpose is to negotiate a peace deal, it's called a peace mission.That's what really happened. That's what the Iraqis say.
You're blabbering a load of nonsense put out by the murderers to cover their tracks, to fool morons. Because it sounds bad to say you killed someone to take attention away from impeachment.
Because when you assassinate diplomats on peace missions, it's called terrorism.

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2005
California
He creates a crisis and just because he stops just short of war we are supposed to thank him:think:
For a job well done, yes, you should.
We should thank Trump for doing a good job in creating a crisis?
#sarcasm

Your posts ignore something huge in all this: Trump himself realizes that the escalated action he took requires an escalated problem.
As has been pointed out in various threads, Trump has been making claims regarding a crisis that nobody else can validate.

One gets the sense they'd rather see Iran's killing of American citizens go unchallenged than give a moment's consideration to the possibility that Trump might have handled this incident well.
Again, you create your own strawman.
NOBODY is saying that we would rather Iran's killing of American citizens go unchallenged.
The point is killing their general is a rather aggressive and provocative challenge that went from knife fight to outright assassination.

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.), an Independent who left the Republican Party last year, said Sunday that President Trump's claim that Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani was plotting attacks against four U.S. embassies "seems to be totally made up."​
"The administration didn’t present evidence to Congress regarding even one embassy," Amash tweeted.​
"And they have never presented evidence of imminence—a necessary condition to act without congressional approval—with respect to any of this," he added, referencing Trump administration officials' justification for launching an airstrike that killed Soleimani.​
....​
Amash's statements came just hours after Defense Secretary Mark Esper said on CBS's "Face the Nation" that he had not seen any "specific evidence" that supported Trump's claim that Iran was planning attacks on four embassies. Rather, Esper argued that Trump's position was that "there probably and could've been attacks against additional embassies."​

Reactions: se7en

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Well no it should not be the case of tough shit for any of the three. The government was set up to be a compromise. It should not be a matter of one side or the other to use terrorist acts to rest control. Regardless, it is time for the USA to get the hell out of there. I am fine with attempting to aid the country with strategic strikes from drones and missiles, but its time to only Iraqis to be in harms way.
I agree. I will point out that most of the terrorism in Iraq since 2003 has been committed by Sunnis.

And yes, please, let's get the hell out of the region, and let everyone change their own diapers for a change.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2015
chicago
I agree. I will point out that most of the terrorism in Iraq since 2003 has been committed by Sunnis.

And yes, please, let's get the hell out of the region, and let everyone change their own diapers for a change.
I do not want us to leave the "region".

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
So you like your mercenaries and your army of occupation being over there? How many sons and daughters do you have serving in hot zones?
How many sons and daughters do YOU have serving in the hot zones? I love it watching Canadians trying to play that lame blame game by trying to insinuate that someone has no claim to a bigger bone in all of this as they do.

Dec 2018
Indiana
The quote I was responding to was that Iraq wanted us to leave, I said what I said because Iraq did not tell us to leave. It is a falsehood, The reality is there is a conflict in Iraq and one side wants us to leave and the other does not, The side that wants us to leave are the Shiites. This is the faction that is behind the terrorist acts there. Yes the terrorists want us to leave. Don't get me wrong. I also want all of our soldiers out of there too but we cannot have a diplomatic core there without military support. But I am in general right there with you.
A majority of Iraq's legislators voted in favor of U.S. withdrawal. That's how it works in a democracy -- majority rule, but neo-con Don and Pompeo, in their divine wisdom, have decided they know what's best for the Iraqi people so we're staying regardless. That kind of arrogance pisses off all kinds of religious sects and even agnostic U.S. tax payers like me. No wonder we're loathed by the population in the Middle East.

Reactions: imaginethat
Dec 2018
New England
The point is killing their general is a rather aggressive and provocative challenge that went from knife fight to outright assassination.
The sometimes amusing thing about foundit's rambling, shotgun-style diatribes is that he often loses focus and allows the mask to slip, like with the ridiculous statement above. Let's examine the implications of what he's saying here.

He likens the Iran-sponsored rocket attack that killed an American contractor (Nawres Hamid, age 33, wife, two kids under 10) to a "knife fight," i.e. one level of severity. He then asserts that the rocket attack that killed the man responsible for the first attack -- and countless other attacks on American servicemen -- as something altogether different and something far more severe to the point of being a disproportionate response. His statement’s meaning -- intended or not -- is that Soleimani's life is far more important than was Hamid's, and that Soleimani’s welbeing should be given far more deference. Soleimani? He was a assassinated. Hamid?, Well, these things happen.

Now I don't if this what foundit really thinks, but it's what he said. And this what excessive levels of Trump-hate does to people. It makes them say remarkably stupid things.