It's time to define the unborn

Nov 2013
NM
The number of children piling up waiting for adoption is comparable to the pile up of people petitioning for citizenship from illegal immigrants.

The bottom line is, government is broken on both counts. Parents wanting new born babies are plentiful, but the state is so inefficient about matching them up and adding costs to it that the system if not working. That means you fix the system though. It has no bearing on the issue of whether the unborn are human or not.

Thanks for playing.
It's not possible, TMK, for an illegal immigrant to petition for citizenship from within the US. As I recall the requirements, the application for citizenship is filed from the applicant's nation of origin, giving the US embassy or our local presence in the country in question an opportunity to interview the applicant, make inquiries of local police, education, background, health, employment, etc. with their government's agencies & review records. Unless you mean application for asylum - they can apply in the US, but there's still a considerable waiting period, & a rigorous interview/review/selection process that they have to clear, with no guarantees about ultimate acceptance into the US.

The tattered state of adoptions in the US has to do with priorities; most states treat their Department of Families & Children with essentially malign neglect, in terms of manpower, budget, workload. & they're repaid with considerable regularity - by graft, abuse & injury & death of children, runaways, high staff turnover/burnout, & so on. Then we get promises of remediatory action, & then the agency slides back into its old pattern.

TMK, the Supreme Court never looked @ whether fetuses are human. Given time & favorable circumstances, the fetus would develop & be born. However, many pregnancies end in miscarriage, plus there are accidents, exposure to drugs, chemicals, & there are genetic defects that might not be detectable until near the end of gestation.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
If a zygote deserves equal protection, under law, at the moment of conception, how would YOU equip the police and the courts to enforce the expanded murder statutes?
I wouldn't.

I've never known an anti-choicer who doesn't run away from this question like the plague:
I am not anti choice and I did not run.

WAs this in response to something else?

Mar 2019
Texas
It's not possible, TMK, for an illegal immigrant to petition for citizenship from within the US. As I recall the requirements, the application for citizenship is filed from the applicant's nation of origin, giving the US embassy or our local presence in the country in question an opportunity to interview the applicant, make inquiries of local police, education, background, health, employment, etc. with their government's agencies & review records. Unless you mean application for asylum - they can apply in the US, but there's still a considerable waiting period, & a rigorous interview/review/selection process that they have to clear, with no guarantees about ultimate acceptance into the US.

The tattered state of adoptions in the US has to do with priorities; most states treat their Department of Families & Children with essentially malign neglect, in terms of manpower, budget, workload. & they're repaid with considerable regularity - by graft, abuse & injury & death of children, runaways, high staff turnover/burnout, & so on. Then we get promises of remediatory action, & then the agency slides back into its old pattern.

TMK, the Supreme Court never looked @ whether fetuses are human. Given time & favorable circumstances, the fetus would develop & be born. However, many pregnancies end in miscarriage, plus there are accidents, exposure to drugs, chemicals, & there are genetic defects that might not be detectable until near the end of gestation.

Here you go.

4 Paths to Legal Status for Undocumented Immigrants - CitizenPath

https://citizenpath.com/paths-to-legal-status-undocumented/

Jun 28, 2016 - Several million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. received a .... if the DREAMer's U.S. citizen paternal uncle filed an immigrant petition or ...

Nov 2005
California
The number of children piling up waiting for adoption is comparable to the pile up of people petitioning for citizenship from illegal immigrants.
Again, we're talking about apples and you focus on a completely irrelevant orange.

The bottom line is, government is broken on both counts.
Says you. The prime motivation for you claiming it's broken is solely because it doesn't work like you want it to...

Parents wanting new born babies are plentiful, but the state is so inefficient about matching them up and adding costs to it that the system if not working. That means you fix the system though.
WOW!
So many comments that could be raised against that statement.
Although, it's obvious that the clear starting point should be this has no relevance to the actual topic. Rather than devolve this thread into non-topical nonsense, let's rest solely on that.

And the stupid part is that you admit that in your next sentence...

It has no bearing on the issue of whether the unborn are human or not.
Thanks for playing.
So you respond with something completely non-topical.
You admit it is completely non-topical.
And then throw out a pretense that you have somehow proven something???
:rolleyes:

Oct 2010
Colorado
If a woman says that she needs an abortion or she will kill herself, then all women need to do is say they will kill themselves if not given an abortion.

Moreover, tell me a situation where in the third trimester a woman's life is in jeopardy, especially when the infant is to term and all that would be needed is a quick C-Section.
She'll have to convince a professional, plus, if she is suicidal, I doubt she's ready to be a mother.

The reasons for termination of pregnancy in the third trimester.

Bottom line, it's none of your business until the day "they" show up at your door and tell ya you're getting an abortion whether you want one or not. Then, it's your business.

Oct 2010
Colorado
My bad, more than half oppose abortion now

Guy Benson - CNN Poll: 58 Percent of Americans Oppose Abortion in All or Most Cases

You kids are losing

And as hard as it may be to fathom, you are wrong about something. You are on the wrong side of history here.
You, sir, are on the wrong side of history if you believe that imposing your or anyone's religious beliefs on those who don't believe as you do is progress.

The Talmud clearly states that personhood begins at birth.

The early Christians denoted the quickening as the beginning of personhood.

When personhood begins is a personal decision.