It's time to define the unborn

May 2019
USA
You, sir, are on the wrong side of history if you believe that imposing your or anyone's religious beliefs on those who don't believe as you do is progress.

The Talmud clearly states that personhood begins at birth.

The early Christians denoted the quickening as the beginning of personhood.

When personhood begins is a personal decision.
Do you really believe that? I want to make sure I understand your position. You believe a woman, who is pregnant, can at anytime during there pregnancy decide to have an abortion. 3 weeks, or 8.5 months. Does not matter. Is that what you believe?

Nov 2013
NM
Do you really believe that? I want to make sure I understand your position. You believe a woman, who is pregnant, can at anytime during there pregnancy decide to have an abortion. 3 weeks, or 8.5 months. Does not matter. Is that what you believe?
Roe v. Wade, current abortion law in the US, holds that the woman can opt for an abortion before the fetus is viable - in consultation with her doctor. Abortions beyond fetal viability are for the health/life of the woman - typically the fetus is dying or dead, & the woman's life is in danger if the fetus is not removed.

These abortions are rare, there are only 4 doctors trained & certified, TMK, to carry them out in the US.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Roe v. Wade, current abortion law in the US, holds that the woman can opt for an abortion before the fetus is viable - in consultation with her doctor. Abortions beyond fetal viability are for the health/life of the woman - typically the fetus is dying or dead, & the woman's life is in danger if the fetus is not removed.

These abortions are rare, there are only 4 doctors trained & certified, TMK, to carry them out in the US.
I realize that for most people this is being picky but Roe v. Wade is NOT a law. It is a court decision/opinion that laws that prohibit abortions during the first two trimesters are unconstitutional. To claim it is a law would mean that the court is doing the very thing that the RW is accusing the courts of doing...legislating from the bench.

Nov 2013
NM
I realize that for most people this is being picky but Roe v. Wade is NOT a law. It is a court decision/opinion that laws that prohibit abortions during the first two trimesters are unconstitutional. To claim it is a law would mean that the court is doing the very thing that the RW is accusing the courts of doing...legislating from the bench.
Yep, my bad. It's usually referred to as a holding - a court decision.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
No one gets an abortion at 3 weeks, and no one gets an abortion at 8.5 months unless the fetus is already dead or the mother and the baby will die without the procedure.
So now you know.....
And for someone who knows so little about the topic, what makes you think that you are more capable of making the decision than the actual woman involved in the procedure.
Would you like to have a panel of women who know nothing about you, decide which medical procedures you should get?
Because if they decide "castration", would you like it if you had no say in the matter?

Oct 2010
Colorado
How many women do you think would choose to abort at 8.5 months?

How many of those do you think would make good mothers?

May 2019
USA
How many women do you think would choose to abort at 8.5 months?

How many of those do you think would make good mothers?
I have no problem with abortion, to a point. At some point and time its no longer a fetus/parasite or whatever you want to call it. At a point it is a human being. Because to say otherwise would be saying its okay to induce labor at 9 months and call it an abortion. Sure there is reasons to have one from a medical point of view, such as life or death of the mother or a medical doctor has determined that the child has a condition that will not allow it to live outside of the womb, or some other birth defect that will create suffering and early death for the child. I get that. To be honest I think many of them would make good mothers, because most women who would have this done would be beside themselves in grief for having to make such a decision. My problem with the New York law is that it does notrequire life or death . It now says health of the mother. I agree most mothers would not do such a thing, but why even open the door to allow it?

This is someone who I think is a great mother who deserves our respect and admiration and sympathy
I had a later abortion because I couldn't give my baby girl both life and peace

May 2019
USA
No one gets an abortion at 3 weeks, and no one gets an abortion at 8.5 months unless the fetus is already dead or the mother and the baby will die without the procedure.
So now you know.....
And for someone who knows so little about the topic, what makes you think that you are more capable of making the decision than the actual woman involved in the procedure.
Would you like to have a panel of women who know nothing about you, decide which medical procedures you should get?
Because if they decide "castration", would you like it if you had no say in the matter?
If no one does it then why are supporting the choice to do it?

If you can not answer yes or no to rather a human life is within the womb at some point and time then everything you said is just talking points.

A panel of women decide what medical procedures I get is a terrible analogy that is only some stupid internet troll talking point. To even use your logic would require one to say men only see men doctors and women only see women doctors.