Jillian Assange Arrested

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The US has an extradition request in on him. How long before he becomes a "guest" here? What would we expect to learn from him in court?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I have one question, If his extradition to the US is done, What does the precedence set by the NY Times printing the Pentagon Papers play on the case.

What is the Difference what Assange did and the NY Times reporting top secret information?

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I have one question, If his extradition to the US is done, What does the precedence set by the NY Times printing the Pentagon Papers play on the case.

What is the Difference what Assange did and the NY Times reporting top secret information?
That's for the courts to determine in the coming months.

In the New York Times Co. v. United States (1971) the High Court held that: to exercise prior restraint, the government must show sufficient evidence that the publication would cause a "grave and irreparable" danger.

Dec 2015
Arizona

Daniel Ellsberg leaked the Pentagon Papers to expose the secret history of the Vietnam War. WikiLeaks released 250,000 secret state department cables just because they were, well, secret. Even Ellsberg kept some secrets, and that is the difference between the two cases.
Wikileaks put lives at risk. The release was intentionally abusive. The leaks damaged our ability to conduct diplomacy--damaged international relationships. Assange reveled in his ability to destroy America.
The Pentagon Papers sought to bring truth to the historical account of major events.

Feb 2007
USA
The way I see it, there is a vast difference between whistle-blowers and persons who essentially peddle in stolen merchandise.

And, Assange is a person who belongs in that later category.

Mar 2019
Texas
Money makes the world go round. Last week there were reports of deals being made with ecuador for a stimulus package in exchange for assange.

Sad we now see kashoggi's son praising the king as being protector of saudi and such right after he made a multi million dollar deal. How much is a dad worth i wonder?