Jillian Assange Arrested

Dec 2015
Arizona
Assange is nothing more than a self proclaimed arbiter of a nation's classified information. It is worth noting that his efforts focused on the US. For all his high handedness, why did he single out the US? Why not Russia, China or North Korea?

Where was his concern about publicizing wrongdoings about some of the most ruthless regimes in the world? Why did he care about John Podesta's emails? He's no hero, just a Putin front man pretending to care about someone else's transparency.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Assange is nothing more than a self proclaimed arbiter of a nation's classified information. It is worth noting that his efforts focused on the US. For all his high handedness, why did he single out the US? Why not Russia, China or North Korea?

Where was his concern about publicizing wrongdoings about some of the most ruthless regimes in the world? Why did he care about John Podesta's emails? He's no hero, just a Putin front man pretending to care about someone else's transparency.
E-Z.
Nothing juicy that anyone cares about and if he had gone for the others he wouldn't be alive today. Why doesn't he want to be sent to the US? A hint, rumor has it that Hillary is mourning his upcoming suicide..............

Dec 2016
Canada
We now go live to Patches O'Houlihan exercising his dodgeball basics: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge

Care to answer my question? If I set fire to a church and no one dies, are you good with it? If I steal a car but then leave it somewhere, are you good with it? That's the position you're taking on Assange.
If I report that the US Government is deliberately setting churches on fire but classifying all pertinent information as Classified, are you good with it?

In the end, it boils down to whether liberals stand with state power (like any type of fascist would do) OR does all the aspirational bullshit about rights and freedoms actually receive any skin in the game? Cause so far, it's only uncompromising leftists already pushed to the margins by the liberal ruling class, as well as some libertarians who refuse to budge on issues of state power, militarism and engagement in foreign wars, are the only ones who haven't wavered from taking a firm stand based on principle! So, now's your chance liberals!

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
If I report that the US Government is deliberately setting churches on fire but classifying all pertinent information as Classified, are you good with it?

In the end, it boils down to whether liberals stand with state power (like any type of fascist would do) OR does all the aspirational bullshit about rights and freedoms actually receive any skin in the game? Cause so far, it's only uncompromising leftists already pushed to the margins by the liberal ruling class, as well as some libertarians who refuse to budge on issues of state power, militarism and engagement in foreign wars, are the only ones who haven't wavered from taking a firm stand based on principle! So, now's your chance liberals!
Should be noted that for the second time you have not answered my question. But to answer your question I'd need to see EVIDENCE the US government is burning down churches and if proven true, yes I would have a problem with it. But you don't have evidence. You have hyperbole and speculation.

Care to answer my question, at all or would you rather continue ducking?

Mar 2019
Texas
An unnamed government official told the Associated Press that the man is Ola Bini, a Swedish software developer.

It comes just hours after Assange was himself arrested at the Ecuadorean embassy in London.

"A person close to Wikileaks, who has been residing in Ecuador, was arrested this afternoon when he was preparing to travel to Japan," Ecuador's interior ministry tweeted late on Thursday.

The man has lived in Ecuador for several years and has frequently travelled to the country's London embassy where Assange had been staying, Ms Romo told CNN's Spanish language service.
bbc

This could possibly be the man who holds the keys to the files.

I still have a feeling that possibly clinton's server contents could be on the encrypted files released a few years back.

There was just way too much cross talk at the time where everyone was confusing the dnc files with clintons files.

If so it very well could be the missing link between the recent silence on the mueller report and dem's backing down from the potus.

Dec 2016
Canada
Should be noted that for the second time you have not answered my question. But to answer your question I'd need to see EVIDENCE the US government is burning down churches and if proven true, yes I would have a problem with it. But you don't have evidence. You have hyperbole and speculation.

Care to answer my question, at all or would you rather continue ducking?
Are you that boneheaded to understand that what Wikileaks does is publish the information that whistleblowers and anyone with the upload link wants to put out for public distribution anonymously.* If your question is 'Assange is burning down churches' that's not only stupid, but misleading to start with! If the State is charging Assange and Wikileaks with communicating with a source and giving advice on how to obtain information (as in recent claims), that charge could be thrown at any press outlet that falls out of favor with the Government! Since they all attempt to continue relationships with important sources and help them in a similar manner.
*on that note, it needs to be pointed out that nobody has proven Wikileaks has ever published wrong information....like so many press organs which feed off of official leaks often do!

The same charges could be thrown at James Risen! Since he encouraged his source- CIA Whistleblower - Jeffrey Sterling for more information for similar reasons. Sterling ended up being forced to plead guilty to the Espionage Act because of (as John Kiriakou often points out) the kangaroo court justice system that faces whistleblowers who are sent to the eastern Virginia judicial district where the jury pools are stacked with Pentagon and contractor employees. So Sterling...like many other whistleblowers, discovered he had no real chance to get a fair trial, and had to take the advice of his lawyer to just cop the best plea available if he ever wanted to be on the outside and see his famiily again!

As for James Risen.....the journalist? He eventually ended up at The Intercept, where whatever he does now has nothing to do with any proclaimed search for truth and justice he would have claimed ten or fifteen years ago. But, if the same standards applied, Jim Risen and the NY Times editors who posted his work, could have all ended up where Assange is today! And that's what makes me suspicious of these press organs today...even more than their corporate ownership and high salaries - why are they no longer protesting expanding the Espionage Act to include publishers along with those who submit classified information, like they did during the Obama years?

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Are you that boneheaded to understand that what Wikileaks does is publish the information that whistleblowers and anyone with the upload link wants to put out for public distribution anonymously. If your question is 'Assange is burning down churches' that's not only stupid, but misleading to start with! If the State is charging Assange and Wikileaks with communicating with a source and giving advice on how to obtain information (as in recent claims), that charge could be thrown at any press outlet that falls out of favor with the Government! Since they all attempt to continue relationships with important sources and help them in a similar manner.

The same charges could be thrown at James Risen! Since he encouraged his source- CIA Whistleblower - Jeffrey Sterling for more information for similar reasons. Sterling ended up being forced to plead guilty to the Espionage Act because of (as John Kiriakou often points out) the kangaroo court justice system that faces whistleblowers who are sent to the eastern Virginia judicial district where the jury pools are stacked with Pentagon and contractor employees. So Sterling...like many other whistleblowers, discovered he had no real chance to get a fair trial, and had to take the advice of his lawyer to just cop the best plea available if he ever wanted to be on the outside and see his famiily again!

As for James Risen.....the journalist? He eventually ended up at The Intercept, where whatever he does now has nothing to do with any proclaimed search for truth and justice he would have claimed ten or fifteen years ago. But, if the same standards applied, Jim Risen and the NY Times editors who posted his work, could have all ended up where Assange is today! And that's what makes me suspicious of these press organs today...even more than their corporate ownership and high salaries - why are they no longer protesting expanding the Espionage Act to include publishers along with those who submit classified information, like they did during the Obama years?
I'm going to restate my original position because you seem to want to go down rabbit holes.

Assange. And. Manning. Hacked. Into. US. Military. Database.

Their. Crime. Is. For. Hacking. Not. Leaking.

Dec 2016
Canada
Here's a cut to the bone video of our liar-in-chief:

Can you tell me why the Democrat/fake left intelligensia all find themselves in alliance with Trump and his Justice Department for doing what Obama was reluctant to do during his terms in office?

This is no different than the Resistance crappolla that "Trump is the most dangerous man to ever get into the White House....but here's an extra $15 billion for the war budgets," same with the undisguised coup against Venezuela and the continued arming and logistical support for Saudi's airwar against Yemen, and similar Trump foreign policy maneuvers. Democratic Party leadership seems to only differ on lesser, non-imperial issues.