Joe Biden History

Jul 2018
Earth
I think this deserves its own thread in order not to clutter up others about Biden's history on political issues. In the recent "debate" Harris called out Biden on his previous support of anti-school busing. So let's see what the record shows.

What We Know About Joe Biden’s Record on School Busing
In reality, Mr. Biden was a leading opponent of busing in the Senate during the 1970s and 1980s, and his opposition went beyond the federal government’s role in the practice.
What We Know About Joe Biden’s Record on School Busing

LISTEN: Biden Supported A Constitutional Amendment To End Mandated Busing In 1975
Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, seen in 1975, told NPR at the time that he supported a constitutional amendment to ban court-ordered busing programs to integrate schools.
LISTEN: Biden Supported A Constitutional Amendment To End Mandated Busing In 1975

Letters from Joe Biden reveal how he sought support of segregationists in fight against busing
Biden, who at the time was 34 and serving his first term in the Senate, repeatedly asked for -- and received -- the support of Sen. James Eastland, a Mississippi Democrat and chairman of the Judiciary Committee and a leading symbol of Southern resistance to desegregation. Eastland frequently spoke of blacks as "an inferior race."
"Dear Mr. Chairman," Biden wrote on June 30, 1977. "I want you to know that I very much appreciate your help during this week's committee meeting in attempting to bring my anti-busing legislation to a vote."
Joe Biden: Letters reveal how he sought support of segregationists in fight against busing - CNNPolitics

That time when Joe Biden supported segregation as a matter of ‘black pride’
Speaking in 1975, Biden voiced his support for continued school segregation throughout the United States, claiming that do so would benefit miniority communities and that full integration with white students would rob blacks of “their own identity,” the Washington Examiner reported.
That time when Joe Biden supported segregation as a matter of ‘black pride’

Joe Biden’s Record On Racial Integration Is Indefensible
Biden insists that he took a brave stance in favor of busing. This could not be further from the truth…

No. In fact, Biden was a driving force in the fight against busing and federal school desegregation. Narrowly speaking, Biden may have voted against an amendment here or there. There were a number of senate-sponsored anti-integration amendments pushed by avowed segregationists around this time, like notorious North Carolina Sen. Jesse Helms. Biden may have voted against some of these. But for Biden to say he took a stand for busing as something “worth losing over” is a gross distortion of his conduct amid intense fights over busing in Delaware, and of his overall record on de-segregation. In fact, Biden consistently fought pro-busing measures, sponsored some of the most devastating anti-busing measures, and made some extremely questionable statements about busing and federal desegregation measures in general.
Joe Biden’s Record On Racial Integration Is Indefensible | Current Affairs

Based on the evidence, it seems that Biden was somewhat of a segregationist. He was definitely a Jim Crow baby. Has his sins been forgiven?

Jul 2018
Earth
He could be wearing a white pointy hood and holding a burning cross, just as long as he has the numbers to beat the Orange Menace...
IMO, it's hard to support any of the Dems because they seem to want to place the welfare of illegal aliens over all American citizens. PODS trump will most likely win, if he stays healthy.

May 2018
USA
I couldn't care less about Biden's opinion on forced busing. That was 40 years ago and the issue has been long resolved. The idea that Kamala Harris acted personally offended that Biden was against it is preposterous, and cost her any potential future support from me. I can't stand fake emotional grandstanding (from Dems OR Reps). The only way I'll vote for her now is if she wins the Dem nomination, she certainly won't get any vote from me leading up to that. A shame, really, she impressed me up to that point.

May 2018
USA
IMO, it's hard to support any of the Dems because they seem to want to place the welfare of illegal aliens over all American citizens. PODS trump will most likely win, if he stays healthy.
That's a ridiculous statement. Wanting detained illegals to be treated humanely and decently is not "wanting to place the welfare of illegal aliens over all American citizens". Have you been watching Fox? I expect to hear something that ridiculous from somebody like TNVol or another Trumpanzee, but not you.

Jul 2018
Earth
That's a ridiculous statement. Wanting detained illegals to be treated humanely and decently is not "wanting to place the welfare of illegal aliens over all American citizens". Have you been watching Fox? I expect to hear something that ridiculous from somebody like TNVol or another Trumpanzee, but not you.
Based upon what I've heard from the Dems, they want to give illegal aliens free health care, housing, food, college educations. They don't give those things to American citizens who are homeless or to veterans.