John Bolton is out

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Of course trump wanted to embarrass Bolton but Bolton is lying about resigning. If he had resigned last night why did he come to work this morning as if everything was normal and have a full schedule? People who resign don't do things like that. He was fired and he never saw it coming because he is not a strategic thinker, based on what happened to him today.
Because Trump didn't accept the resignation, Trump said they'd talk about it in the morning. He came in to talk about it and found out that chickenshit tweet-fired him in the wee hours.

Jul 2018
Earth
Because Trump didn't accept the resignation, Trump said they'd talk about it in the morning. He came in to talk about it and found out that chickenshit tweet-fired him in the wee hours.
That is not accurate. trump fired Bolton mid-morning, after the press had been informed that Bolton was going to be at an afternoon conference.

Sep 2019
NY
Glad the war monger is out!
That does cut down on speculation. Trump has been forced to talk directly to the American people because the MSM lies.
All of trump's supporters repeat the nonsense trump says. No one lies as much as trump does but he'll gladly accuse others of lying and doing the exact things he does on a daily bases.
He hates media that's not favorable to him. Exposing trump and his regime is exactly what the mass media should do since trump is putting an entire nation, indeed the world, at rick with his evil, ignorance, hatred and insanity.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Bolton always had a different agenda than trump's so he could have caused more problems as an outsider. trump neutered Bolton when he made him a member of the team. He never listened to him and now Bolton has lost all credibility. His current lie is that he had resigned when that is obviously not true. He came to work this morning as if everything was just fine. You don't behave like that if you have resigned. Bolton got played big time and he never saw it coming. Our enemies could easily fool Bolton.
I don't really care HOW Bolton resigned or was terminated. I DO think Bolton can make life difficult for Trump....if he chooses to do so. Let's see how Bolton handles this.
Will he slither away quietly or will he blast his way into private life? I can most certainly see a best-seller coming.

Jul 2019
Georgia
lol at the thought of trump playing 4-D chess with the Bolton thing

trump is an idiot who picks terrible people to fill positions and then fires them when they hurt his feelings. it is as simple as that.

here's a link to Bolton's resignation letter, make sure you have a few minutes to sit back and read it, lol

READ: John Bolton's resignation letter - CNNPolitics

Feb 2019
here and there
The expulsion of Bolton is a repudiation of the foreign policy of Bush and their McCain like war hawks.

Trump essentially hired him for Bolton to give his best argument for a continuation of such gung ho war policies we saw in Iraq and Libya. He had the gonads to hire him and make his best case, and then rejected them and fired him.

Meanwhile, Trump is the first President in a very long time not to start a war abroad, and gets no love for it.

You Lefties deserve another Benghazi.

Thanks God Trump does not act like a clown by drawing imaginary red lines in the sand.

Reactions: coldjoint
Jul 2019
Georgia
The expulsion of Bolton is a repudiation of the foreign policy of Bush and their McCain like war hawks.

Trump essentially hired him for Bolton to give his best argument for a continuation of such gung ho war policies we saw in Iraq and Libya. He had the gonads to hire him and make his best case, and then rejected them and fired him.

Meanwhile, Trump is the first President in a very long time not to start a war abroad, and gets no love for it.

You Lefties deserve another Benghazi.

Thanks God Trump does not act like a clown by drawing imaginary red lines in the sand.
that is one thing I'll give trump credit for, he's not getting us into wars left and right (I think even the times where it looks like he wanted to, his hand was sort of being forced)

~~~~

America does not deserve another Benghazi. That's a terrible thing to say.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Bolton always had a different agenda than trump's so he could have caused more problems as an outsider. trump neutered Bolton when he made him a member of the team. He never listened to him and now Bolton has lost all credibility. His current lie is that he had resigned when that is obviously not true. He came to work this morning as if everything was just fine. You don't behave like that if you have resigned. Bolton got played big time and he never saw it coming. Our enemies could easily fool Bolton.
He "resigned" when asked to do so. It is less dramatic than "firing" but is not really any different. The action was clearly a Trump decision (not to say that he might have been influenced by others), so while resignation implies some volition, it was really just like being fired.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I don't really care HOW Bolton resigned or was terminated. I DO think Bolton can make life difficult for Trump....if he chooses to do so. Let's see how Bolton handles this.
Will he slither away quietly or will he blast his way into private life? I can most certainly see a best-seller coming.
Good point. One is challenged to believe that a hot-headed, opinionated, extremist like Bolton would be inclined to remain silent for long. Unfortunately, Bolton was such a war-monger that I fear I would side with anyone he criticized which in a tell-all book would force me into the extremely uncomfortable position of supporting Trump.

Reactions: Clara007

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
That is not accurate. trump fired Bolton mid-morning, after the press had been informed that Bolton was going to be at an afternoon conference.
The last time National Security Adviser John Bolton spoke with President Donald Trump was Monday afternoon around 2 p.m. in the Oval Office — offering to resign — about 22 hours before the president's Tuesday tweet suggesting that he had fired Bolton, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Why it matters: The timeline contradicts the president's account and speaks volumes about how Trump runs his administration.

It underscores Trump's pattern of adjusting facts to fit his narrative, a week after the "Sharpie" controversy involving the path of Hurricane Dorian.
It also serves to warn Bolton's successor — whom Trump says he'll name next week — what they're signing up for.
John Bolton's chaotic final hours at the White House