Judge Andrew Napolitano: Hatred is back.

Apr 2019
America
Nixon helped document that the Republican party had a policy to use hatred as a political tool.
That is why he was relevant.

You are ridiculously long on talk but incredibly short on facts.
When is the last time you actually mentioned any facts that could be independently verified?
Like the 22 trillion spent to win the war on poverty? That is a pesky fact. There is very little to show for it but lousy schools and gang activity and a lot of abortions.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I realize this is from much earlier in this discussion, but I am troubled.
Are you suggesting that the liberal media is responsible for the identity politics that Trump has produced by not attempting to close the divide that Trump created? This seems to suggest that "there are good people on both sides" sort of thinking. Some issues need to be seen with clarity and the Right has become more reactionary and racist with affection growing for White Nationalists. This is not the fault of the left.
I am stating that Wallace and Napolitano have taken decidedly non-partisan posiition and that I can't think of a single liberal newsperson who's done likewise.

Imo, Chris Wallace is the most non-BS major journalist reporting today.

I miss Jon Stewart! And George Carlin. :)

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I am stating that Wallace and Napolitano have taken decidedly non-partisan posiition and that I can't think of a single liberal newsperson who's done likewise.

Imo, Chris Wallace is the most non-BS major journalist reporting today.

I miss Jon Stewart! And George Carlin. :)
Chris Wallace will press even the Right on certain issues so that demonstrates a certain amount of journalistic integrity. However, his apparent objectivity is influenced by being on Faux News where anyone with some objectivity stands out. I mostly encounter him on Sundays and I would still class him as still more outwardly biased than Chuck Todd, Margaret Brennan, Robert Costa, or Judy Woodruff. The standard I use is, "can I tell who the newsperson would vote for during the interview"? I still see Chris Wallace a very conservative. I really don't know the politics of those other journalists.
There is a tendency for journalists, like scientists who view objectivity as part of the job, to be liberal. So, it is possible that the question cannot really be clearly answered if the premise is that "objective conservatism" is possible and equivalent to "objective liberalism". It may be impossible for conservative thinkers to be objective.