Jupiter, from 4,000 miles high

Nov 2017
I wonder if we'll be able to find out what's beneath its layer of clouds. It probably won't be easy, with a g ~ 25 m/s^2.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
In the future, the ability to "mine" the gas for its energy, asteroids and comets for minerals will allow us to break free of this system and move to another end of the galaxy or beyond. Let's find a "Goldilocks" planet and start this forum all over!!

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Colorado
In the future, the ability to "mine" the gas for its energy, asteroids and comets for minerals will allow us to break free of this system and move to another end of the galaxy or beyond. Let's find a "Goldilocks" planet and start this forum all over!!
Why do you think the members of the Greater Community will allow us to do so?

Nov 2017
I wonder if a probe made up of multiple layers of shells with sensors & communication equipment in each layer can be created & "crashed" into Jupiter, so as each layer gets destroyed, the next one could survive and continue to make measurements and transmit them back to us.

Oct 2010
Colorado
I wonder if a probe made up of multiple layers of shells with sensors & communication equipment in each layer can be created & "crashed" into Jupiter, so as each layer gets destroyed, the next one could survive and continue to make measurements and transmit them back to us.
Seems if the Russians could land ten probes on hellish Venus 40-some years ago, we oughta be able to design a probe capable of traveling inside of Jupiter to some depth.