Just win baby!

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Jun 2018
South Dakota
What EXACTLY did Trump have to do with Ford making this decision?
Libs seem to think he had everything to do with the decision Ford made to move to Mexico. Ford made a business decision based on cost profit analysis. If they decided to return to Detroit it has to be because of the business friendly environment created by Trumps policies.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Libs seem to think he had everything to do with the decision Ford made to move to Mexico. Ford made a business decision based on cost profit analysis. If they decided to return to Detroit it has to be because of the business friendly environment created by Trumps policies.
I asked you a specific question.
I did not ask you what you seem to think liberals think.
Yeah, I know how Ford made the decision. What I asked you was what Trump had to do with that decision.
What are you not understanding about my question?

Name some of those Trump policies you refer to, be specific.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
You win some; you lose some.

'Gut-wrenching' day as Ohio GM assembly plant
prepares to close
The last Chevrolet Cruze built at GM's plant near Youngstown
is expected to come off the assembly line Wednesday.
A sprawling General Motors assembly plant near Youngstown will be idled on Wednesday after more than 50 years producing cars and other vehicles, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly positions by month's end.
GM announced late last year that Lordstown along with three plants in the U.S. and one in Canada would close by early next year.
The Cruze, once a popular and well-reviewed compact car made in Lordstown since 2011, has become the victim of consumer tastes as car buyers in an era of inexpensive gasoline have shown strong preferences for trucks, SUVs and crossover-type vehicles, all of which produce far bigger profits than sedans for GM....
"It's gut-wrenching. People were crying, they're frustrated and they feel like they've done everything right,"....
Meanwhile, production of the Cruze sedan and hatchback will continue in Mexico, where the car is made for markets outside the U.S.
More: 'Gut-wrenching' day as Ohio GM assembly plant prepares to close

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Name some of those Trump policies you refer to, be specific.
Sure, as soon as you name the policies that drove Ford out. IT thinks that the antidote to a Trump win is to list past Trump losses. GMs plant closures are due to a failed product line that GM, as they've done before, failed to find a viable replacement for and simply let the line die along with the production facilities.
In the end Trumps wins in keeping businesses and getting them to return to the US are based on creating a business friendly environment. In terms of personal influence, I don't think Trump is on the phone to CEOs on a daily basis making promises, but a tax friendly environment is "talking" directly to them, which I believe is a stronger motive than simply being buddies.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Sure, as soon as you name the policies that drove Ford out. IT thinks that the antidote to a Trump win is to list past Trump losses. GMs plant closures are due to a failed product line that GM, as they've done before, failed to find a viable replacement for and simply let the line die along with the production facilities.
In the end Trumps wins in keeping businesses and getting them to return to the US are based on creating a business friendly environment. In terms of personal influence, I don't think Trump is on the phone to CEOs on a daily basis making promises, but a tax friendly environment is "talking" directly to them, which I believe is a stronger motive than simply being buddies.
Typical alternative facts-based reality.

The Chevy Cruze is not a failed product line. From stodgy Consumer Reports:

Big car virtues in a small package. The Cruze takes the best attributes of Chevrolet's accomplished Malibu and Impala, as well as the brand's familiar styling, and tucks them into a more maneuverable and fuel-efficient package. Boasting a comfortable ride, relatively roomy interior, and effortless power, it's a fully competitive entry that stands out in a class dominated by imported cars.

Tax-friendly environment..... You mean, deficits don't matter.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Why should I? I didn't claim to KNOW the policies that drove Ford out.
YOU claimed to know the policies OF TRUMP that influenced them to stay.
See the difference?

How is any governemnt policy to blame for Ford's "failed product line?" The govt. TELLS Ford to build cars that people don't want?
You keep talking shit about "Trump wins". Fine, answer my question.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Typical alternative facts-based reality.

The Chevy Cruze is not a failed product line. From stodgy Consumer Reports:

Big car virtues in a small package. The Cruze takes the best attributes of Chevrolet's accomplished Malibu and Impala, as well as the brand's familiar styling, and tucks them into a more maneuverable and fuel-efficient package. Boasting a comfortable ride, relatively roomy interior, and effortless power, it's a fully competitive entry that stands out in a class dominated by imported cars.

Tax-friendly environment..... You mean, deficits don't matter.
Oh gee, I wonder who will end up providing the tax revenue that GM no longer pays.