Justice Dept staff recommends blocking T-Mobile deal to merge with

Mar 2019
Texas
Justice Dept staff recommends blocking T-Mobile deal to merge with ...

https://www.cnbc.com/.../justice-dept-staff-recommends-blocking-t-mobile-deal-to-me...

Justice Dept staff recommends blocking T-Mobile deal to merge with Sprint: Reuters ... US aviation officials think a bird strike was factor in 737 Max crash.

Well this is new to myself. I did not realize that the justice department were making these decisions. That does not seem like a wise idea to let cops decide these things. It gives new light to why many aspects of this in the usa are screwed up. IMHO The justice department should only be used to enforce the law and not to decide economic matters.

May 2019
USA
Justice Dept staff recommends blocking T-Mobile deal to merge with ...
https://www.cnbc.com/.../justice-dept-staff-recommends-blocking-t-mobile-deal-to-me...

Justice Dept staff recommends blocking T-Mobile deal to merge with Sprint: Reuters ... US aviation officials think a bird strike was factor in 737 Max crash.

Well this is new to myself. I did not realize that the justice department were making these decisions. That does not seem like a wise idea to let cops decide these things. It gives new light to why many aspects of this in the usa are screwed up. IMHO The justice department should only be used to enforce the law and not to decide economic matters.
Antitrust is part of the law

Mar 2019
Texas
Antitrust is part of the law
LOL

Glad we got that figured out.

Environmental issues are also part of the law but you do not see the attorney general making all the decisions on such because he is a freaking cop and not someone versed in pollution and such. When someone breaks those laws the epa then sends that to the cops to prosecute.

There is no valid reason to have the police deciding economic policy.

I had forgot all about this but it is a monopoly in itself.

May 2019
USA
LOL

Glad we got that figured out.

Environmental issues are also part of the law but you do not see the attorney general making all the decisions on such because he is a freaking cop and not someone versed in pollution and such. When someone breaks those laws the epa then sends that to the cops to prosecute.

There is no valid reason to have the police deciding economic policy.

I had forgot all about this but it is a monopoly in itself.
Well the thing is, they have a section in the Justice department dedicated to antitrust law