Kavanaugh sworn in as 114th Supreme Court justice, hours after Senate votes to confirm

Nov 2014
Florida
That was fast

Kavanaugh sworn in as 114th Supreme Court justice, hours after Senate votes to confirm

Judge Brett Kavanaugh was sworn in as the 114th Supreme Court justice late Saturday, just hours after the Senate voted to confirm him to the nation's highest court after a rancorous confirmation battle.
Kavanaugh was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts in a private ceremony, accompanied by his wife and children. The ceremonial swearing in is expected to happen on Monday evening at the White House. It means that now-Justice Kavanaugh will begin hearing cases before the court on Tuesday.

Reactions: Twisted Sister
Nov 2012
Kekistan
The democrats still can't believe the GOP is finally standing up to them
They have no clue what they have unleashed. I think your about to see a serious blow back against identity politics. Maybe the Democrat party should have actually thought of a platform besides Trump bad

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
They have no clue what they have unleashed. I think your about to see a serious blow back against identity politics. Maybe the Democrat party should have actually thought of a platform besides Trump bad
I think the days of the Democrats fooling people are over, Kavanagh was the Democrats version of McCarthy hearings

Joseph McCarthy - Wikipedia

During the hearings, McCarthy moved on from his original unnamed Lee list cases and used the hearings to make charges against nine specific people: Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer, Haldore Hanson, Gustavo Durán, Owen Lattimore, Harlow Shapley, Frederick Schuman, John S. Service, and Philip Jessup. Some of them no longer worked for the State Department, or never had; all had previously been the subject of charges of varying worth and validity. Owen Lattimore became a particular focus of McCarthy's, who at one point described him as a "top Russian spy". Throughout the hearings, McCarthy employed colorful rhetoric, but produced no substantial evidence, to support his accusations

Cory Booker "I am Joseph "Tailgunner Joe" McCarthy

Reactions: guy39
Nov 2014
Florida
Their hate is destroying the party