Kentucky governor says Kim Davis should pay legal fees in same-sex marriage case

Jun 2012
Barsoom
You have not cited two hundred year old cases that support your views regarding the supremacy clause.

My turn was explaining the intent of the supremacy clause. My turn did not consist of throwing out statements that I cannot defend.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
No, we don’t NEED to do anything. Same sex marriage is legal, Kim Davis has to pay the legal fees. I’m sorry you can’t deal with reality.
That is not the discussion. "The court ruled" is not an argument. The argument is the constitutional basis of Davis' actions, and the constitutional basis of a court's opinion.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Sure I have, but your memory is short and I'm through citing cases to anyone who denies them and refuses to provide any.
You brought up 200 year old cases that support your views regarding the supremacy clause, not me.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
It’s a far better argument than an anonymous internet hack saying “The Court is wrong”

That is not the discussion. "The court ruled" is not an argument. The argument is the constitutional basis of Davis' actions, and the constitutional basis of a court's opinion.

Not being able to write out an argument against an anonymous internet hack is not an enviable position.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
You're right - I cited court cases last week over and over. I refuse to lift another finger for someone who is too lazy or scared to provide one in return when asked.
You brought up 200 year old cases that support your views regarding the supremacy clause, not me.