Landmark State Court Ruling Says THC in Blood is NOT Sufficient Grounds for DUI Read

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Well there has been a "hands off" attitude towards the states that have legalized cannabis. And, The Donald's AG Jeff Sessions is on record: "... this drug is dangerous, you cannot play with it, it is not funny, it's not something to laugh about... and to send that message with clarity that good people don't smoke marijuana."

And ya don't get much more "conservative" than Good ol' Boy Sessions, do ya?

That doesn't back up his statment. Conservatives traditionaly are much more states rights than progressives. The CBD law came under the Obama administration. That has to be the worst pot law passed in some time.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
That doesn't back up his statment. Conservatives traditionaly are much more states rights than progressives. The CBD law came under the Obama administration. That has to be the worst pot law passed in some time.
No law was passed. I'm sure.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Fair enough. I honestly don't know what to make of this CBD thing. I do know that people are concerned about shipping it. That still doesn't back up the statment.
For as long as I have been following politics, it has been Republicans and evangelicals, basically synonyms, that have railed against any and all drug use by a factor of probably 10 to 1 over Democrats.

And I am often told that the Republican hero, Reagan started the whole war on drugs.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
For as long as I have been following politics, it has been Republicans and evangelicals, basically synonyms, that have railed against any and all drug use by a factor of probably 10 to 1 over Democrats.

And I am often told that the Republican hero, Reagan started the whole war on drugs.
Oh, don't discount Nixon's efforts. He got the bright idea of spraying MJ field with Paraquat. The criminals still harvested it. We didn't know what it was at first, all brown, didn't smell right.

And then"sugosky" as a friend dubbed it. incredibly compressed bricks with sugar, I guess to help keep the bricks together. Great for smuggling, I guess but good grief. We'd soak it to try to get rid of the sugar, but some would remain. We'd get about half way trough a joint, and we'd be smoking a caramel. Tasted like crap.

Al courtesy of Tricky Dicky.

Reactions: 1 person

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Aha!!!

The term was popularized by the media shortly after a press conference given on June 18, 1971, by United States President Richard Nixon.

... However, two years even prior to this, Nixon had formally declared a "war on drugs" that would be directed toward eradication, interdiction, and incarceration....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs

Paraquat weed!!!!

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

This is true but conservatives especially now are on the states rights thing I don't see that publicly regressing. I think that it was Oklahoma that wanted to charge Colorado as a "drug cartel" as the weed was crossing over into their state and as soon as the states right argument came into it it lost all steam.

The head of the DEA now is absolutely owned by big pharma, no questions there. I am in no way defending this new guy I am just trying to look at it from a logical perspective. Where he (sessions)is comming from pot is illegal, so he was following the law of the land. Could he go bat shit and start to go after places like Colorado? Of course he could but I think it would be detrimental to the party for the exact same reasons that Obama never made a move to remove the law it would be political suicide. The views on drug laws have done a 180 since big Ron was in office and the majority of Americans feel that weed should be legal. Something like 70% and only keeps going up as the baby boomers will continue to die off. Plus there is no way for them to attempt to give things like abortion laws to the states and try and take drug laws away. IMO that is the laws to be concerned about and the play that I think that they will likely make.

This is why I was wondering why it was being a conservative issue as the Obama administration has not been a friend. Ask any grower or shop owner how banking has been. It is still a federal crime and that is the department of the POTUS.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2014
nunya
I have read that they created one but it wouldn't hold up in court.
That is going to be the key to actually getting legitimate legalization. They have to come up with a accurate spot test like alcohol. I can get drunk all I want when I am not under ships articles. But if I get high and 22 days later go on a ship and get drug tested then its all over. Same with licensed air pilots and Truck drivers. DOT in general I suppose.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
That is going to be the key to actually getting legitimate legalization. They have to come up with a accurate spot test like alcohol. I can get drunk all I want when I am not under ships articles. But if I get high and 22 days later go on a ship and get drug tested then its all over. Same with licensed air pilots and Truck drivers. DOT in general I suppose.
Yeah. But the breathalyzer is still in court to this day. I don't think that an objective test for "being stoned" can be developed. There is one that tests eye dilation but the thing is you fail it if you are on most prescription drugs also. If they were to use that test something like 20% of the population would be guilty of DUI. Though IMO being on a fair amount of pain killers or muscle relaxers is more dangerous than being stoned. You would have to smoke a lot of weed to make operating a car "dangerous". It is not like drinking. Drinking makes people fucking retarded pot just makes them lazy.