Landmark State Court Ruling Says THC in Blood is NOT Sufficient Grounds for DUI Read

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Yeah. But the breathalyzer is still in court to this day. I don't think that an objective test for "being stoned" can be developed. There is one that tests eye dilation but the thing is you fail it if you are on most prescription drugs also. If they were to use that test something like 20% of the population would be guilty of DUI. Though IMO being on a fair amount of pain killers or muscle relaxers is more dangerous than being stoned. You would have to smoke a lot of weed to make operating a car "dangerous". It is not like drinking. Drinking makes people fucking retarded pot just makes them lazy.
I must disagree due to a personal experience that happened to me 28 years ago. I had smoked pot on an every other day basis for many years and my friend in Ohio sent me some pot in the mail that was stronger than any pot that I had ever smoked. I was driving from Georgia to Alabama for a service call and took two tokes and put the joint out. I got off the interstate to get gas and when I got on the ramp to re-enter the interstate, discovered I was driving on the off ramp which would have put me in oncoming traffic. That incident scared me to death and never smoked pot and drove again. It was night and I was unfamiliar with the area but that is no excuse. Only two tokes made me a menace to the driving public.

Jan 2016
No Name City
This is true but conservatives especially now are on the states rights thing I don't see that publicly regressing. I think that it was Oklahoma that wanted to charge Colorado as a "drug cartel" as the weed was crossing over into their state and as soon as the states right argument came into it it lost all steam.

The head of the DEA now is absolutely owned by big pharma, no questions there. I am in no way defending this new guy I am just trying to look at it from a logical perspective. Where he (sessions)is comming from pot is illegal, so he was following the law of the land. Could he go bat shit and start to go after places like Colorado? Of course he could but I think it would be detrimental to the party for the exact same reasons that Obama never made a move to remove the law it would be political suicide. The views on drug laws have done a 180 since big Ron was in office and the majority of Americans feel that weed should be legal. Something like 70% and only keeps going up as the baby boomers will continue to die off. Plus there is no way for them to attempt to give things like abortion laws to the states and try and take drug laws away. IMO that is the laws to be concerned about and the play that I think that they will likely make.

This is why I was wondering why it was being a conservative issue as the Obama administration has not been a friend. Ask any grower or shop owner how banking has been. It is still a federal crime and that is the department of the POTUS.
Your statement rings true.

I am a retired Soldier that is a center right wing hippie who voted as with my wife here in Colorado to regulate pot the same as booze and beer. To let adults choose without federal say.

I do not smoke it nor does my wife but we have many friends that do, responsible friends that have professional careers and lead productive lives.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2012
nirvana
For as long as I have been following politics, it has been Republicans and evangelicals, basically synonyms, that have railed against any and all drug use by a factor of probably 10 to 1 over Democrats.

And I am often told that the Republican hero, Reagan started the whole war on drugs.
The war on drugs was started by this guy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwii3-K-76PRAhXFSyYKHbAGDyYQFggmMAE&url=http://www.csdp.org/publicservice/anslinger.htm&usg=AFQjCNHRoYc4Pr_TBDuDi4XXWlgQYHTZcA&sig2=6EAsbS8SL-znxHj5iIqW1A

Last edited:
Feb 2014
nunya
Yeah. But the breathalyzer is still in court to this day. I don't think that an objective test for "being stoned" can be developed. There is one that tests eye dilation but the thing is you fail it if you are on most prescription drugs also. If they were to use that test something like 20% of the population would be guilty of DUI. Though IMO being on a fair amount of pain killers or muscle relaxers is more dangerous than being stoned. You would have to smoke a lot of weed to make operating a car "dangerous". It is not like drinking. Drinking makes people fucking retarded pot just makes them lazy.
I disagree. The marijuana that is used today has a much higher level of THC than before. Stoned is stoned. It affects judgment. I do not want to deal with drunks or stoned people on the road or flying an airplane or steering a ship.

This is promising
Engineers develop the 'potalyzer,' a roadside saliva test for marijuana intoxication

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Nov 2012
nirvana
I disagree. The marijuana that is used today has a much higher level of THC than before. Stoned is stoned. It affects judgment. I do not want to deal with drunks or stoned people on the road or flying an airplane or steering a ship.

This is promising
Engineers develop the 'potalyzer,' a roadside saliva test for marijuana intoxication
You are intoxicated and impaired

Or you are not intoxicated and impaired

If you are not intoxicated and impaired, you should not be arrested for driving, flying or steering while intoxicated or impaired

The level of intoxicating properties be it THC or grain alcohol are irrelevant.

I don't want to deal with anyone driving, flying, or steering either if they are intoxicated and impaired

I also don't want to live in an alternate reality, where anyone is arrested for driving, flying, or steering, while intoxicated or impaired, when they are not intoxicated or impaired, to assuage someone else's personal opinion and feelings regarding any particular substance they don't like based on irrational thinking.

I also don't want to deal with anyone driving, flying, or steering while irrationally thinking.

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

If you are not intoxicated and impaired, you should not be arrested for driving, flying or steering while intoxicated or impaired

I don't want to deal with anyone driving, flying, or steering either if they are intoxicated and impaired

I also don't want to live in an alternate reality, where anyone is arrested for driving, flying, or steering, while intoxicated or impaired, when they are not intoxicated or impaired, to assuage someone else's personal opinion and feelings regarding any particular substance they don't like based on irrational thinking.

I also don't want to deal with anyone driving, flying, or steering while irrationally thinking.
Bust them and give a big fine and then send them to head school to get hypnotized, treatment that the pot offender has to pay for. I had to get hypnotized in Georgia to get my drivers license back and apparently it worked because I never drove drunk again.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

The issue w/ that is that it is a one size fits all for the charges and a completely different set of rules for the courts. I know people who are doing prison terms for 4 DUIs and others who have 6 or 7 and are walking around. The differance. Money and status. Fuck we here all of the time about Hollywood types who just publicly apologize and go to some posh treatment center that 90 days costs more than most people's yearly take home and that is it.

All the DUI laws are is a revenue generator for the state. It has nothing to do w/ protecting the public or helping either side. It is wealth redistribution and nothing more.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2012
nirvana
The issue w/ that is that it is a one size fits all for the charges and a completely different set of rules for the courts. I know people who are doing prison terms for 4 DUIs and others who have 6 or 7 and are walking around. The differance. Money and status. Fuck we here all of the time about Hollywood types who just publicly apologize and go to some posh treatment center that 90 days costs more than most people's yearly take home and that is it.

All the DUI laws are is a revenue generator for the state. It has nothing to do w/ protecting the public or helping either side. It is wealth redistribution and nothing more.
Which brings up my second point.

The punishment has to fit the crime.

We also hear about conservative types who are just made to apologize, or not charged with any crime at all.

On a scale of 10,000 to one compared to "Hollywood" types.

And speaking of criminal wealth redistribution, not one single banker or hedgefund manager went to jail after the economic crash in 07-08.

In fact one of them was just rewarded with a job in the new Trump administration.

Any banker or hedgefund manager that engages in such criminal mischief, should have every last dime of their wealth, confiscated right down to their undershorts.

That's punishment befitting the crime.

Until that happens, I won't even entertain anyone else's opinion is on crime and punishment.

Especially anything involving cannabis laws started by racist assholes in the 1930's, still be enforced by racist assholes in 2017.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

Bribe is an option only if the crooked cop says there is an easier way to do this which means cold hard cash.