Lawmaker proposes bill requiring men have vasectomies Under the proposal, men also would have to pay for their procedures.

Feb 2006
California
An Alabama lawmaker has authored a bill that would require each man to undergo a vasectomy at age 50 or "after the birth of his third biological child, whichever comes first."

Under Rep. Rolanda Hollis' proposal, men also would have to pay for the procedure themselves.

In a statement, Hollis explained her reasoning for the bill -- to shed light on the abortion ban introduced in the state.

Dec 2015
Arizona
As far as I'm concerned (along with millions of other women) it's high time we scrutinized the male reproductive organs, their birth control, their genitals, their alley-cat tendencies and sexual urges.
AND we should do this by dissecting the inexhaustible examples of how men (through the decades) have examined the female reproductive organs, birth control, genitals, "mating" tendencies and sexual urges.
After all....goose v gander?
Because men (mostly white wealthy old men) run the world, why should we be surprised contraception methods have become a woman’s responsibility? SHE got herself pregnant. She was just asking for it. She should have been more careful. She......SHE........SHE--even if the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest.
When the option of abortion comes up MEN often become unglued--hysterical--angry--traumatized, as if MEN had nothing to do with planting that seed.
I don't imagine this bill will move forward, but the POINT has been made. It takes TWO to TANGO.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Jesus, I think some really antiquated ideas are being forwarded here.

Women, nowadays, can and do express raw sexuality more than men, being all but perfectly naked is perfectly acceptable, courtesy of gender they are, in fact, "sitting on top of the world," they have FAR more ready access to sex, and, yeah, they get pregnant ... but let's beat up the men.

The pendulum swings............

Reactions: intangible child
Jul 2019
Georgia
the point was to make reproductive rights a topic of conversation, in light of the recent anti-abortion bill, and bait these anti-abortion lawmakers into displaying the utter hypocrisy they're used to displaying.

"Keep your laws off my body" shouldn't apply to just one gender.

Nov 2005
California
In a statement, Hollis explained her reasoning for the bill -- to shed light on the abortion ban introduced in the state.

Quoting more from the article...

"Many have seen HB-238 as an outrageous overstep; yet, year after year the majority party continues to introduce new legislation that tries to dictate a woman's body and her reproductive rights. We should view this as the same outrageous overstep in authority," she said.
In a statement, Hollis said her proposal is meant to "neutralize" the abortion ban bill and "send a message that men should not be legislating what women do with their bodies."

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Jesus, I think some really antiquated ideas are being forwarded here.

Women, nowadays, can and do express raw sexuality more than men, being all but perfectly naked is perfectly acceptable, courtesy of gender they are, in fact, "sitting on top of the world," they have FAR more ready access to sex, and, yeah, they get pregnant ... but let's beat up the men.

The pendulum swings............

And people like you want to PUNISH them for it !! You want punish them for acting the way men have since there were people on the planet.

For tens of thousands of years women have been treated at best as second class citizens and worst little more than live stock for MEN’S pleasure and the making of MALE heirs. In many parts of the world nothing has changed.

But here in western societies MEN have begrudgingly allowed women to achieved some degree of autonomy and equality and YOU think they should be shamed and punished for it.

Sorry your manhood is so fragile.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
And people like you want to PUNISH them for it !! You want punish them for acting the way men have since there were people on the planet.

For tens of thousands of years women have been treated at best as second class citizens and worst little more than live stock for MEN’S pleasure and the making of MALE heirs. In many parts of the world nothing has changed.

But here in western societies MEN have begrudgingly allowed women to achieved some degree of autonomy and equality and YOU think they should be shamed and punished for it.

Sorry your manhood is so fragile.
Ya know Bub, I do generally respect your opinions, but the one above is a steaming pile of rancid shit.

First off, men and women do not have equivalent sexual preferences or drives. In addition, the “sexual revolution” was, IMO, a bust. Rather than its being an uplifting of sexual morality and appreciation, seems what humankind got out of the deal was horndoggie-ness for all, the casualties being the destruction of childhood innocence as well as the decimation of the family.

Seems that fucking randomly isn’t the same as lovemaking. Who’d a thought, eh?

Just like I don’t take any responsibility for thousands of years of slavery, because I treat my fellow humans equally and with respect I am not carrying the weight of tens of thousands of years of female discrimination.

Again, I treat the women in my life equally and with respect, and I consider raising two daughters to think for themselves and to be courageous to be my highest achievement.

So Bub, piss on your self-righteous judgment. I don’t know what you are “covering up” with your pathetic screed. Maybe you ought to take a look in the mirror, at that fragile malehood of yours.