Leaked Proud Boys Chats Show Members Plotting Violence At Rallies

Nov 2005
California
Speakers on Saturday included Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes, right-wing journalist Laura Loomer and Milo Yiannopoulos, an incendiary writer who helped make Breitbart News a leading platform for the alt- right.
Yiannopoulos was dressed in drag, with a black pixie wig and fake breasts under a blue T-shirt. The crowd applauded loudly as he extolled the virtues of Christianity and nuclear families and attacked mainstream journalists, left-wing activists and “Vichy conservatives” he said were not courageous enough to act on their principles.
“The left must be made to fear you,” Yiannopoulos said, occasionally pausing during his speech to adjust his wig and fake bust. “Massive brutal retaliation for the slightest of perceived insults must be the way from now on. . . . If they tear down your idols, burn down their cathedrals, he said from the stage.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e10d277ef4c

Gee. What would that last comment be in reference to?
Possibly retaliation for removing Confederate soldier (i.e. traitors to the U.S.) statues?

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e10d277ef4c

Gee. What would that last comment be in reference to?
Possibly retaliation for removing Confederate soldier (i.e. traitors to the U.S.) statues?
The South Had Slavery; the North Had Sweatshops. The North Had No Moral Superiority in This National Delusion.

Lincoln's sending Americans to kill their fellow Americans on behalf of Africans is the treason we are not allowed to charge him with. And he was a typical Republican, so it was all about freeing the slaves to become willing and grateful strikebreakers up North. Though pretending to oppose the illegal aliens, backstage at the media puppet show they are sponsoring and hiring these scab peons.

May 2019
California
The South Had Slavery; the North Had Sweatshops. The North Had No Moral Superiority in This National Delusion.

Lincoln's sending Americans to kill their fellow Americans on behalf of Africans is the treason we are not allowed to charge him with. And he was a typical Republican, so it was all about freeing the slaves to become willing and grateful strikebreakers up North. Though pretending to oppose the illegal aliens, backstage at the media puppet show they are sponsoring and hiring these scab peons.
The South attacked the North.

But then, as we both agree, the Confederates were treasonous whores.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Here's where I get frustrated.

There's a thread about how a reporter got beat up by Antifa. The right is all over it. The left wants to downplay it.

This thread is about how the proud boys are looking for violence. The left is all over it. The right wants to downplay it.

When members of your in-group are doing shitty things, it brings down the credibility of the entire group if you try to defend them. Kick them out of your in-group and stand for principles.

May 2018
Chicago
Here's where I get frustrated.

There's a thread about how a reporter got beat up by Antifa. The right is all over it. The left wants to downplay it.

This thread is about how the proud boys are looking for violence. The left is all over it. The right wants to downplay it.

When members of your in-group are doing shitty things, it brings down the credibility of the entire group if you try to defend them. Kick them out of your in-group and stand for principles.
I don't know of many people on the left who support antifa, most are very much against them. Who on the right in this forum will criticize the Proud Boys? Who?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I don't know of many people on the left who support antifa, most are very much against them. Who on the right in this forum will criticize the Proud Boys? Who?
You're a bit confused. I don't know anyone who "supports" the Proud Boys. In fact most of us have never heard of them and those who have are connecting that with the very few actual acts of violence they have committed. On the other hand antifa is a very well known violence centered organization that has committed multiple acts of violence both against property and people.
I can clearly say I "criticize" antifa based on their record. It's easy to say you criticize someone or group but it's difficult to say I criticize the Proud Boys. You seem to think ideology is more important than actions, I don't. I've always subscribed to the idea of "do not listen to what they say, watch what they do".

Nov 2005
California
You're a bit confused. I don't know anyone who "supports" the Proud Boys.
Your absence of knowledge is not proof of absence.
Republicans Are Adopting the Proud Boys
Manhattan Republicans Are Defending Their Invitation To A Violent Far-Right Group
The Proud Boys and Laura Loomer joined a gathering of far-right celebrity trolls to protest the Florida recount

In fact most of us have never heard of them and those who have are connecting that with the very few actual acts of violence they have committed.
"very few"... :rolleyes:
Let's document some of their violence, shall we:
  • October 2018: Proud Boys and Antifa clashed on the Upper East Side of Manhattan after McInnes gave a speech at the Metropolitan Republican Club. Four Proud Boys were arrested.
  • October 2018: counter-protesters, including Antifa, sparred with members of the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer during a “Resist Marxism” rally at the Rhode Island State House. No arrests were made after a fist fight – which ended when someone sprayed the crowd with a fire extinguisher.
  • June 2018: The Proud Boys appeared to ramp up their violent activities when Proud Boy Ethan Nordean (who also goes by the name Rufio Panman) punched an Antifa activist at a rally in Portland.
  • May 2018: Tusitala “Tiny” Toese and other Proud Boys attacked a black teenager at the Vancouver (Washington) Mall.
  • September 2017: Patriot Prayer (with Proud Boys in attendance) and local anti-hate coalition “Portland Stands United Against Hate” held competing rallies on the same day in Portland. Several fights broke out and three people were arrested, one for speeding towards counter-protesters in a car.
  • August 2017: at Unite the Right in Charlottesville, Alex Michael Ramos, one of the men convicted of assaulting DeAndre Harris, claimed he joined the Proud Boys after Charlottesville
  • July 2017: Proud Boys attended a “Ride for Homeland Security” in Islamberg, New York, a town that his received a lot of anti-Muslim/Islamophobic attention.
  • May 2017: Brittany Venti, an alt right internet personality and Proud Boys’ Girl, was arrested at a May Day demonstration in New York during a clash with Antifa.
  • April 2017: members of the Proud Boys, the anti-government extremist Oath Keepers and the white supremacist Rise Above Movement (R.A.M.) were involved in a violent brawl with Antifa protesters before a “Patriot’s Day” rally in Berkeley, California.. Several people were injured and at least 21 were arrested. During the event, the former head of the white supremacist group Identity Evropa was caught on video punching a female counter-protester.
  • March 2017: The Proud Boys marched in Berkeley in the “Freedom to be Violent Rally.” Here, Based Stickman (aka Kyle Chapman, who at the time was involved with FOAK) got attention for beating people with a stick.
  • February 2017: Several fights broke out between Proud Boys and Antifa in New York City outside an event hosted by the NYU College Republicans where Gavin McInnes was scheduled to speak. The NYPD reported that 11 counter-protesters were arrested.
  • January 2017: McInnes spoke at The Deploraball (a right-wing celebration of President Trump’s inauguration) in Washington, D.C. He later bragged about punching a protester outside the event.

On the other hand antifa is a very well known violence centered organization that has committed multiple acts of violence both against property and people.
I can clearly say I "criticize" antifa based on their record.
I condemn both antifa and proud boys.
But you actually defend proud boys with lies like claiming their violence is "very few".

It's easy to say you criticize someone or group but it's difficult to say I criticize the Proud Boys. You seem to think ideology is more important than actions, I don't. I've always subscribed to the idea of "do not listen to what they say, watch what they do".
So you refuse to criticize the Proud Boys.
Proving the point that was made about the right on this issue...

May 2018
Chicago
Your absence of knowledge is not proof of absence.
Republicans Are Adopting the Proud Boys
Manhattan Republicans Are Defending Their Invitation To A Violent Far-Right Group
The Proud Boys and Laura Loomer joined a gathering of far-right celebrity trolls to protest the Florida recount

"very few"... :rolleyes:
Let's document some of their violence, shall we:
  • October 2018: Proud Boys and Antifa clashed on the Upper East Side of Manhattan after McInnes gave a speech at the Metropolitan Republican Club. Four Proud Boys were arrested.
  • October 2018: counter-protesters, including Antifa, sparred with members of the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer during a “Resist Marxism” rally at the Rhode Island State House. No arrests were made after a fist fight – which ended when someone sprayed the crowd with a fire extinguisher.
  • June 2018: The Proud Boys appeared to ramp up their violent activities when Proud Boy Ethan Nordean (who also goes by the name Rufio Panman) punched an Antifa activist at a rally in Portland.
  • May 2018: Tusitala “Tiny” Toese and other Proud Boys attacked a black teenager at the Vancouver (Washington) Mall.
  • September 2017: Patriot Prayer (with Proud Boys in attendance) and local anti-hate coalition “Portland Stands United Against Hate” held competing rallies on the same day in Portland. Several fights broke out and three people were arrested, one for speeding towards counter-protesters in a car.
  • August 2017: at Unite the Right in Charlottesville, Alex Michael Ramos, one of the men convicted of assaulting DeAndre Harris, claimed he joined the Proud Boys after Charlottesville
  • July 2017: Proud Boys attended a “Ride for Homeland Security” in Islamberg, New York, a town that his received a lot of anti-Muslim/Islamophobic attention.
  • May 2017: Brittany Venti, an alt right internet personality and Proud Boys’ Girl, was arrested at a May Day demonstration in New York during a clash with Antifa.
  • April 2017: members of the Proud Boys, the anti-government extremist Oath Keepers and the white supremacist Rise Above Movement (R.A.M.) were involved in a violent brawl with Antifa protesters before a “Patriot’s Day” rally in Berkeley, California.. Several people were injured and at least 21 were arrested. During the event, the former head of the white supremacist group Identity Evropa was caught on video punching a female counter-protester.
  • March 2017: The Proud Boys marched in Berkeley in the “Freedom to be Violent Rally.” Here, Based Stickman (aka Kyle Chapman, who at the time was involved with FOAK) got attention for beating people with a stick.
  • February 2017: Several fights broke out between Proud Boys and Antifa in New York City outside an event hosted by the NYU College Republicans where Gavin McInnes was scheduled to speak. The NYPD reported that 11 counter-protesters were arrested.
  • January 2017: McInnes spoke at The Deploraball (a right-wing celebration of President Trump’s inauguration) in Washington, D.C. He later bragged about punching a protester outside the event.

I condemn both antifa and proud boys.
But you actually defend proud boys with lies like claiming their violence is "very few".

Is that really surprising?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The point you've "proven" is that the Proud Boys and antifa are not moral equivalents, which proves the point that your position and need to bash conservatives with any weapon available puts your creds on the shakiest ground.

Nov 2005
California
The point you've "proven" is that the Proud Boys and antifa are not moral equivalents, which proves the point that your position and need to bash conservatives with any weapon available puts your creds on the shakiest ground.
You keep trying to drag antifa into this thread and it's an obviously desperate move...
Proud Boys and antifa do not need to be "moral equivalents". I never claimed they were although there are clear similarities between their moral deficiencies.
The Proud Boys make repeated and explicit statements by the organization leaders which show their explicit purpose is to enact political violence. As I documented, that's exactly what they do.
You refuse to condemn this, but you condemn antifa for the same moral justification. I condemn both, but you condemn only the one who is politically inconvenient for you...

Your last comments are just pure ad hominem and you throwing out personal reasons to refuse to address the situation. You are confronted by facts so you reach for any floundering rejoinder you can come up with...

My statement was 110% accurate => You are refusing to criticize the Proud Boys.