Let's discuss specific religions and why they are ridiculous.

May 2018
USA
How about we start with Mormonism? Established by a (literal) con man named Joseph Smith. Enjoy this "training film" for young Mormons with questions...

Jul 2018
Earth
Mormon guys have the best heaven. They become gods with their own private world and harems. Of course the women are just baby-making machines. There are no pesky angels or demons. And, since each guy is a god, he doesn't have to answer to anyone else.

When you write the rules you can make up any heaven or hell that you can imagine.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Thbe South Park take on Mormons

Don't even get started on how absurd Scientology is, it was started based on a fictional book for crying out loud. But lets be real, all religions have equally absurd Origins and beliefs. I guess the more long ago the stories were the more people accept that there was magic and other ridiculous things.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Checked out the Wiki article on the guy who wrote it. Pretty interesting stuff, he had a really cool idea for a book about Romans discovering ancient America.
Spaulding was my great, great, great, great, grandfather. I have the story of His widow and Rigdon and the rest in a genenology I inherited from my grandmother.
(Note: the original spelling was "Spaulding" and later got changed to "Spalding".)

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
.... and He needs money. RIP George Carlin.