Let's Hear It for the Girls!

Jun 2012
Barsoom
According to whom?

And let's not discuss this in a vacuum. Many addressable factors, such as the absurdly high prices US citizens pay for pharmaceuticals, aren't addressed because the insurance/pharmaceutical lobby is way too strong. Our oligarchs own many members of our government. They are good capitalists, and they seek to maximize profit above all.

Concisely, good healthcare could be delivered far more reasonably.
I sort of agree accessible should be available, including drugs. What should never happen is the accessibility and cost for those who have the healthcare plan they like should not change and should not subsidize the others. My plan went from around $500 before Obamacare to $1800 this year with United Health Care. Obamacare was a bust because of touts how many now have health insurance, not how many can use it because of a $6000 out of pocket.

The surprising thing is that the cost and shifty billing practices by hospitals and pharmacies can be addressed at the state level. There was a federal law that just passed that pharmcies have to disclose the cheapest method of buying a prescription. The pharmacy companies has contractural gags preventing pharmacies from disclosing this to customers.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Also, if the candidates that I could have voted for last week had a woman whose platform was to be faithful to the Constitution and their oath of office in each category, I would have voted a straight female ticket regardless of party.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I sort of agree accessible should be available, including drugs. What should never happen is the accessibility and cost for those who have the healthcare plan they like should not change and should not subsidize the others. My plan went from around $500 before Obamacare to $1800 this year with United Health Care. Obamacare was a bust because of touts how many now have health insurance, not how many can use it because of a $6000 out of pocket.

The surprising thing is that the cost and shifty billing practices by hospitals and pharmacies can be addressed at the state level. There was a federal law that just passed that pharmcies have to disclose the cheapest method of buying a prescription. The pharmacy companies has contractural gags preventing pharmacies from disclosing this to customers.
Your paying $1800/mo for medical insurance is ridiculous. How many are covered? I wish I could call BS on ya, but I can't. I know of families paying $2000-3000/mo. At that rate, getting sick doesn't seem optional, if you catch my drift here....

The primary problem with Obamacare? It's an unholy private/public marriage, and the way it was passed sucked. Too many lies were told.

Medicare drug prices soar at 10 times rate of inflation, report says

Medicare is being gouged.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Your paying $1800/mo for medical insurance is ridiculous. How many are covered? I wish I could call BS on ya, but I can't. I know of families paying $2000-3000/mo. At that rate, getting sick doesn't seem optional, if you catch my drift here....

The primary problem with Obamacare? It's an unholy private/public marriage, and the way it was passed sucked. Too many lies were told.

$1800 and change through United Health Care for just me. My wife's is through a coop for $350. That has been a nightmare regarding her broken collar bone and surgery. It is still ongoing. That opened up my eyes to how hospitals need to have their pricing regulated by the states.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK

Ours went up $10k/yr

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
$1800 and change through United Health Care for just me. My wife's is through a coop for $350. That has been a nightmare regarding her broken collar bone and surgery. It is still ongoing. That opened up my eyes to how hospitals need to have their pricing regulated by the states.

I forget the name of the hospital but its in Oklahoma. They run it ala cart w/ basicly a "menu" want an MRI $2500. Want to have a dr stick a pipe up your butt $325 exc.
Then they have a finance department. Imo that is how it should be w/ catastrophic insurance and if you cannot afford the catastrophic insurance the state can step in and pick it up w/ covered biannual check ups.

If you don't pay for something and have no idea what the cost is the service (whatever it is) has a tendency to be abused. If the soccer mom got a bill for $700 everytime she brought her kid in because it bumped its head or sneezed she would think twice about clogging up urgentcare over petty little things.

Dec 2016
Canada
Her best interview to date and easily the most honest

Right! Now, what were the real questions and what were the real answers in that two minute hit piece! And who the fuck is CRTV, and how does this channel get so much money to place their ads at the top of political videos and channels I want to watch?

More proof that if you're willing to sell out to the rich, there's big money in it for you. But, if you want to keep your integrity and work for the people, you got to work on a shoestring budget....like the bloggers and producers of the Youtube channels I watch have to!

Dec 2016
Canada
They’re in denial mode this morning. They think Trump won again.

Wait until January 3rd.

I wonder if they realize the speaker of the house actually has more power than the

I thought you might enjoy this.

The Trump Post-Election Traumatic Meltdown
I'll bet the cartoonists love having him around:

The stories about Trump in that piece make me wonder if the eventual tell-all behind the scenes stories from the Secret Service will be worse than the ones that were written after Nixon left the White House:
Richard Nixon ate dog biscuits, got looped on martinis, walked the beach in his suit and lace-ups and spied on Ted Kennedy. Secret Service agents reveal Tricky Dick's bizarre behavior before he resigned 40 years ago

Dec 2016
Canada
See, that is why you cannot have these half decade long, 'one-view-perspective' College degrees that are deemed entirely legitimate. Cortez is essentially regurgitating what she was taught in College, (possibly) genuinely thinking it is the objective truth about the world, which others lack information about (as, they do not have her degree). Meanwhile, unbeknownst to her, her Professors' were spouting their own parties/sides claims as 'how things actually work', and silenced/deleted all other counterarguments/perspectives.

There is a fair chance she is oblivious, as she comes off as too much of an air-head to knowingly have all the other information in mind, and then misrepresent everything malevolently.
Did you look at the video? Do you believe it's from a real interview and not a rightwing hit piece? How gullible are you?