LGBXYZ

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I was an early supporter of gay marriage. I have always supported the rights of LGBT etc, individuals. But is there a limit?

With echos of "you kids get off my lawn" reverberating in my head, the province I live in, British Columbia has just announced that they are setting up a clinic that will perform - get this - "gender affirming lower surgeries". I'm old enough to remember when they were called sex-change operations. But isn't this PC taken too far?

Sep 2018
KC, MO
RNG said:
But isn't this PC taken too far?
Clinics To Perform The Surgeries Is Too Far
Oh, It's FREE In Your Neck Of The Woods ??

And NO ONE Has The Authority To Say
"Stop !!" "That's Far Enough !!"
"I Want To Get Off Of This !!"

You Aren't Able To See Any Of This Coming
Until It Slams Into You ??
Why, It Sure Took Me By Surprise

The PC Slope Only Goose Steps One Way
Down Hill And To The Left
Now Let's All Just Enjoy The Ride To The Bottom
Wherever That May Be

Thanx A Hell Of A Lot, Prog

Last edited:
Reactions: BondJmsBond
Aug 2018
been around
I was an early supporter of gay marriage. I have always supported the rights of LGBT etc, individuals. ................. But isn't this PC taken too far?
I support same. It's too far when children whom every expert agrees have brains unable to comprehend the choice are forced by 'parents' to make said choice. That is child abuse.

It's too far when you have men MMA fighters breaking the skull of their female opponents. Men weight lifters, wrestlers, etc. competing and what a surprise beating all the women.

Reactions: imaginethat

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I have no problem with it being free, it's the PC terminology that is starting to get to me.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I don't care what they call them.
But there's nothing in your post that states these are going to be performed on children, which is what the discussion seems to be revolving around.
If people who have gone through this kind of mental difficulty for years feel more comfortable with their doctor calling their sex change operation a gender affirming operation, I couldn't care less. Except for discussions like this one, I don't think the issue comes up in my daily discussion very ... well - ever.

Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007
May 2019
USA
Technically it is a more correct name than sex change. Often the patient has to live as their chosen gender for at least a year while receiving counseling and doing the hormones before they are allowed to go under the final knife. During this time, they very often legally change their gender and name in advance of the surgery so for all intents and purposes they have already had a sex change before the bottom procedure(s)

Polling indicates that a significant number of them ultimately end up regretting it and either switch back to their birth gender or wish they could switch back to their birth gender at some point post-op. For that reason, it is not something the medical field takes as lightly or as capriciously as those on the right often portray it.

Reactions: tristanrobin
Sep 2018
KC, MO
I have no problem with it being free, it's the PC terminology that is starting to get to me.
I Know, I Know !!!
That's What Proves You're Insane !!

AND It's Insane Whether It's FREE Or Not

Last edited:
Sep 2018
KC, MO
It's too far when children whom every expert agrees have brains unable to comprehend the choice are forced by 'parents' to make said choice. That is child abuse.
It's Their Parent (Probably MOTHER) Fashion Accessory
Sacrificing Their Own Children On The Progressive Altar
With Shades Of Munchhausen
It's Absolutely Diabolical

But Moloch Needs The Sacrifice Of Children

Moloch.jpg

Reactions: BondJmsBond
Jun 2018
South Dakota
No one believed that it would ever come about when Orwell told us of "Newspeak" in his book "1984"
Surprise , surprise!!!