Lib attacks GOP candidate

Oct 2010
Colorado
Im sorry you dont see the difference between me pointing out that the legacy media is pushing a constant narrative, and censoring opposition and someone (mostly forigen actor(s) ) just popping in to attack the source then i don't know what to tell you.

But if 4 out of 5 dentists agree that chewing gum is good for your teeth, then it must be, right?
But, any bumfuck who starts an "alternative" news source from his mama's basement can be trusted to be truthful, especially if they report what you already know. That's your position.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
But, any bumfuck who starts an "alternative" news source from his mama's basement can be trusted to be truthful, especially if they report what you already know. That's your position.
Hell no.

Most of what i follow either does independent journalism or analytics.

Many i have been following since twitter was the main source of alt media. Then there is the atheist and skeptic community who have gone away from that more to focus on the attack on free speech. Ironically most of the tech community is heavily on that lately.

I also listen to hard leftists like jimmy dore and corporatist "independent" media like tyt and ben shapiro.

That is current events

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Hell no.

Many i have been following since twitter was the main source of alt media. Then there is the atheist and skeptic community who have gone away from that more to focus on the attack on free speech. Ironically most of the tech community is heavily on that lately.

I also listen to hard leftists like jimmy dore and corporatist "independent" media like tyt and ben shapiro.

That is current events
My cat just coughed up a huge hairball on my kitchen floor. ALSO a "current event." BFD.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Hell no.

That is current events
My point being, bias is ubiquitous, and veracity is a subjective determination, along with bias. Dismissing the "legacy media" wholesale is a very weak position and a dishonest debate tactic.

Dec 2016
Canada
Yup. I posted this story also, earlier.

The fact that the legacy media and those of you who eat it all up dont give a shit about it just feeds the "the media is leftist"

Where is the photo of the sanders guy who shot up the baseball game. If that was a trump supporter who shot up a bunch of leftists playing cricket or whatever they do ;-) we would still be hearing about it whenever it is convenient (like the above staged photo)

Or better yet if this were a trump supporter who attacked a leftist running for office the legacy media would be ablaze. Now just think if that candidate were part of one of the many, many of one or more of the leftists protected classes. Now, that would be great news, right?
Did you forget the guy who ran down Heather Heyer along with severely injuring more than a dozen protesters? And he lived to tell about it and go to jail later.

I don't see how this qualifies as 'tread drift' either; since one example of a knife attack against a Republican can be countered by rightwingers attacking "libs" of any stripe. Right is closer to fascism and authoritarian militarism, so every state of unrest will lead to more violence and more extreme violence from the right than from anarchists or the left.

Dec 2016
Canada
Hell no.

That is current events
Wait! How is Jimmy Dore a "hard leftist," and what is that exactly? I've been a subscriber to his premium edition (and later Patreon member) for 6 or 7 years now. What set him apart during your last presidential pageant was that Jimmy was one of the few voices with a modest amount of success( at that time, Cenk Yugur asked him to set up a TYT Comedy show for their network) who wouldn't compromise when the order went out to all Democrats to Stand With HERRRRRRRR. So, Jimmy was getting into too many arguments with Cenk, Ana and the rest of fake progressives on the TYT panel about what to do and where to go after Bernie was shut down before the Convention. The rest of the gang drank the "now that Bernie's gone we have to support Hillary so Trump doesn't win" chorus, and Jimmy wasn't having it! So, he ended up supporting the Green Party....wasted vote or not! I don't see how the Green Party is hard left either for that matter! They're just not corrupted and co-opted by corporate donors....which I'm pretty damn sure that Cenk and Ana are now that their show got big enough on Youtube to score some major funding dollars.

Jimmy isn't an expert in politics or economics, but he is learning! And he does invite guests on who can give expert opinions. He's mostly liberal, but a hardliner when it comes to single payer healthcare. And on the premium episodes..which are little more loose and free-flowing, he has explained that he has a rare bone condition that he rarely talks about, which exacerbated other health problems and have cost him most of the money he made in the late 90's and early 2000's, when he was a comedy club headliner and had three Comedy Central specials under his belt. So, now that he's making enough money to pay the bills again, he doesn't want to have his savings cleaned out again by medical costs and doesn't want others who are less fortunate to lose their houses and retirement savings also. Doesn't really strike me as very radical....unless you work for an insurance company!

Dec 2016
Canada
I see where his mother worked at a Democratic Party booth, but don't see anything saying this nutcase is a "lib"
I just took it as a given that the Fox News crowd would be going on about leftwing violence after a Republican is attacked, when I saw it linked with four other minor stories on Drudge. It doesn't matter even if you find out that he's a card-carrying Republican also, it will get drowned out by a chorus of we have to stop these violent libtards!

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I see where his mother worked at a Democratic Party booth, but don't see anything saying this nutcase is a "lib"
"Libs" here are big on guilt by association. Why not now? Ya know it quacks like a duck........................

Looks like one too. TDS in full bloom.........................