Liberal/Progressives at their finest.

Sep 2019
Here
you would think, if Republicans really think trump is innocent, they would have no problem with this, and rush to call witnesses who were in on the phone call and worked with trump, who would gladly testify under oath to trump's innocence

(there's a spoiler, you should know what it is too)
The problem is, Pelosi controls most, if not all the impeachment proceedings. From the inquiry to the actual impeachment. I'm not sure, but I suppose there's a law against the president holding his own hearings, getting his own witness's as well as all the things that Pelosi is doing.

Jul 2019
Georgia
The problem is, Pelosi controls most, if not all the impeachment proceedings. From the inquiry to the actual impeachment. I'm not sure, but I suppose there's a law against the president holding his own hearings, getting his own witness's as well as all the things that Pelosi is doing.
yeah. there is.
it's laid out in the United States Constitution

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
But as far as the proper procedures for an impeachment inquiry goes, seems there are no standard rules and regs for each and every reason to inquire evidence as to whether or not an impeachment vote should be taken.
Impeachment actions have procedures that are established because "impeachment" is applied to removal actions against judges (usually Republican, BTW) or other government officials that cannot be fired.
And even worse, the congressmen that are up for re-election next year, especially those who were involved in the lies, will have a hard time trying to get re-elected. It could end up with Trump as POTUS, the Senate winning more seats. And the Dems loose the House.
I think you should be more concerned with Trump bringing down Republicans who chose to side with him. He is radioactive.

Jul 2019
Georgia
You're right. I'm not a Florida Maner. But explaining what could happen, isn't supporting anything. Is it? Or isn't it? You tell me.
you accused the dems of "making something up" and fabricating evidence
that's rather dotardian.

Sep 2019
Here
Impeachment actions have procedures that are established because "impeachment" is applied to removal actions against judges (usually Republican, BTW) or other government officials that cannot be fired.
Well OK then, Mr. Obvious. How does that change anything I said?

I think you should be more concerned with Trump bringing down Republicans who chose to side with him. He is radioactive.
I think you should NOT be telling me what I should do. I don't like Trump, as I've said 1,000 times now. And I could care less if he's impeached. Why? Because too many libertarian leaning republicans don't have the balls to go into all this with an open mind. All they're worried about is their re-elections.

My stance on this is, and has been, is to see what the democrats come up with. And then what the republicans counter with. Then make my decision. You commi's are just the opposite. Someone makes a statement that says Trump is guilty, you just go with that. Like y'all did about Gabbard being a Russian asset.

So much knee jerk reactions over this is gonna leave some of y'all with arthritis.

Sep 2019
Here
you accused the dems of "making something up" and fabricating evidence
that's rather dotardian.
Because democrats do make up "something." They do fabricate stuff. They do lie. Like Warrens "Middle class taxes aren't gonna be raised." BS.

And you take it all hook, line and sinker.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Because democrats do make up "something." They do fabricate stuff. They do lie. Like Warrens "Middle class taxes aren't gonna be raised." BS.

And you take it all hook, line and sinker.
did you just compare campaign proposal to evidence in an impeachment inquiry?

whattheeverlovinghell

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Well OK then, Mr. Obvious. How does that change anything I said?
You asserted that no rules exist for Impeachment. That is incorrect. Re-read your posts.

I think you should NOT be telling me what I should do. I don't like Trump, as I've said 1,000 times now. And I could care less if he's impeached. Why? Because too many libertarian leaning republicans don't have the balls to go into all this with an open mind. All they're worried about is their re-elections.

My stance on this is, and has been, is to see what the democrats come up with. And then what the republicans counter with. Then make my decision. You commi's are just the opposite. Someone makes a statement that says Trump is guilty, you just go with that. Like y'all did about Gabbard being a Russian asset.

So much knee jerk reactions over this is gonna leave some of y'all with arthritis.
I can only lead you to enlightenment, I cannot force you to embrace it. You are responsible for your own misconceptions.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I'm not old enough to know how a normal impeachment inquiry is supposed to go. I hear both sides of this. And for the most part, both sides sound reasonable, sort of.
In fact, Trump getting the president of Ukraine to investigate Biden and his kid, sounded reasonable until learned what the law was about a president getting another country to investigate a political opponent of his. Then it dawned on me, that's what the whole Russian thing was about for the last 2 years. Seems Trump would've know better.
But as far as the proper procedures for an impeachment inquiry goes, seems there are no standard rules and regs for each and every reason to inquire evidence as to whether or not an impeachment vote should be taken.
If Trump's innocent, I don't think it would matter to the democrats. If they can make something up, they will. But when they do, surely Trumps team and the republicans will expose the lie's built into the false evidence.
If that be the case, then let the democrats have all the rope they need to hang themselves with. Trump will make them look foolish. The Dems will run someone like Warren. And Trump will beat her by a landslide.

And even worse, the congressmen that are up for re-election next year, especially those who were involved in the lies, will have a hard time trying to get re-elected. It could end up with Trump as POTUS, the Senate winning more seats. And the Dems loose the House.
Where there is the appearance of a crime is immunity given to the potential criminal simply because he or his family is a political opponent of the accuser? That's the appearance of the Dems actions here. If that's true then the Dems trying to impeach Trump are guilty of the same crime. In the end the Dems will be unable to prove intent and the whole mess will slide down the sewer of life.

If. That's the presumption in law. This is a kangaroo court with no rules or laws but their own.

I don't see a large Republican win in the Senate unless the whole impeachment scheme dissembles under the Dems. It's on the way to that now but they need more of the kind of activities that the IG is holding to really blow it open. The House is in play and the Dems know it. When the process becomes public the people will get a rather biased look at the process and hopefully see it for what it is, a simple continuation of the same old witch hunt they started in 2016.