Look who's backing Carbon Tax

Jul 2015
chicago
The problem is we are putting too much CO2 into the air. The increased CO2, as part of the air we breathe, is not the danger. The danger is that CO2 a is a greenhouse gas meaning that it doesn't allow the heat from the sun to escape thus the temperature of the planet is increasing. This effect is exacerbated by the deforestation going on.

Prior to the Industrial Revolution the CO2 was at equilibrium. The amount produced was the same as the amount consumed. Now we produce far more CO2 and we have removed a significant amount of the plant life the removed CO2 through photosynthesis.

This is just basic facts of the situation. If you can't understand that you either don't want to understand or you have the IQ of a mentally defective turnip.
That is such bullshit. The levels of CO2 have never been a constant. Ever! They have fluctuated over the millenniums just as they will in the future. I think we have too little CO2 right now and we need more. Our bodies evolved over the millenniums with higher levels of CO2.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
That is such bullshit. The levels of CO2 have never been a constant. Ever! They have fluctuated over the millenniums just as they will in the future. I think we have too little CO2 right now and we need more. Our bodies evolved over the millenniums with higher levels of CO2.
That might be the stupidest post yet.

CO2 levels haven't been this high for 15 million years.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I honestly think you don't even understand your own posts!

You're talking about fluctuations over millennia and trying to compare it to fluctuation over a century and a half!!!!

Do you even understand why that isn't a valid comparison.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
massachusetts
millions and millions of years of higher CO2 levels and no direct correlation of CO2 levels with earth temperature.

You really don't have a clue, and when you pretend to know something, it just makes that crystal clear.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
millions and millions of years of higher CO2 levels and no direct correlation of CO2 levels with earth temperature.

And if you knew any science whatsoever you would know that a graph without axis readings is worthless.

For people who ridicule data from ice cores, why do you swallow this without any explanation at all of where it comes from?

And guess what. That graph is from Wattsupwiththat. Is anyone surprised?

Here's some real data from the ice cores.

Now, notice how it has well labeled axes, like with real numbers and stuff. I know it's complex but so is life.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Is the chart shown accurate?
Yes, it clearly shows that you don't have a clue.

Are you seriously suggesting that we bring back the conditions that favored insects with three foot wingspans?

Conditions where palm trees grew in Antarctica?

Because this nonsense about our bodies evolving in an environment with higher CO2 levels, last time CO2 was this high, our ancestors lived in trees and had walnut sized brains.

Last edited:
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
And if you knew any science whatsoever you would know that a graph without axis readings is worthless.

For people who ridicule data from ice cores, why do you swallow this without any explanation at all of where it comes from?

And guess what. That graph is from Wattsupwiththat. Is anyone surprised?

Here's some real data from the ice cores.

Now, notice how it has well labeled axes, like with real numbers and stuff. I know it's complex but so is life.

This one has well labeled indexes with a very interesting note at the end

Reactions: 1 person