Lots of CFR members & Bilderberg attendees in Trump's administration

Dec 2016
Canada
Added: I doubt the CFR or Bildeburg gatherings represent the kind of globalism humankind requires for survival.
It should be obvious that they are the exact opposite of what's needed for survival! It wouldn't be that hard to end the wars, abolish nuclear weapons, stop the destruction and plundering of the biosphere if we didn't have the only the only international system of governance being the one that guarantees capital flows to and from nations and works for profit-maximization above all else.

Oct 2010
Colorado
It should be obvious that they are the exact opposite of what's needed for survival! It wouldn't be that hard to end the wars, abolish nuclear weapons, stop the destruction and plundering of the biosphere if we didn't have the only the only international system of governance being the one that guarantees capital flows to and from nations and works for profit-maximization above all else.
It is obvious. :)

Dec 2016
Canada
Thanks. I see things differently.

The US is the model for the world, a central limited government comprised of "states," nations.
The US is only the model of how aging, corrupt empires ruthlessly cling to power as their resources dwindle, debts spiral and they fear new, growing empires like China will displace them! This is what makes the world a dangerous place even in prior non-nuclear times, and instant extinction a real and present danger today!

Dec 2016
Canada
The are two basic viewpoints of history: the accident view and the conspiracy view. The accident view disparages any interpretation of events, thereby denying that there are powers that be who have an abundance of control. The conspiracy view becomes hard to maintain for an abundance of reasons.

The worse thing those who would expose conspiracies face is that there are people who make an absolute religion out of conspiracy theory, ultimately brainwashing some people as they did Alex Jones (who ended up saying Sandy Hook never happened.) So, between the crackpots and the conspirators themselves financing conspirators so as to discredit the entire line of inquiry, the truth is hard to arrive at.

That being said, however, the Atlantic Council does work with the Council on Foreign Relations and routinely speaks at their brainstorming events as this link shows:

Trump's National Security Strategy

Bear in mind, these people have a LOT of power with which to influence even Trump with.
History shows us that both: accidents can happen, and sometimes there are groups plotting conspiracies! The problems arise when interpretations are made immediately, and based on ideology or who's involved.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Is anyone familiar with Broad Street Beacon?? It's something like The Onion or Andy Borowitz--entertainment with a twist.
This is their article on the 2019 Bilderberg Conference.
The annual private meeting of North American and European elites known as the Bilderberg Group announced this week that they will be holding their annual conference at Herrington’s Sierra Pines Resort in June of 2019. According to chairman Henri de Castries, the site was chosen due to its remote location and convenient helicopter landing area directly across from the resort.

“It makes, um, perfect sense to hold our annual meeting in Sierra City,” said Mr. Castries in broken English in a Gish Gallop telephone interview [Gish Gallop is the Broad Street Beacon’s sister publication]. “It is the perfect place with trees and beautiful mountains. it’s also far away enough to confuse Alex Jones. And it’s also the final resting place of Adolf Hitler.”

The Bilderberg Group, Bilderberg conference, Bilderberg meetings, or Bilderberg Club is an annual private conference of 120 to 150 people of the European and North American political elite, experts from industry, finance, academia, and the media, established in 1954. According to some, the Bilderberg Group is the leadership committee for the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), IMF, World Bank, Trilateral Commission, EU, and powerful central bankers from the Federal Reserve, the ECB’s Jean-Claude Trichet, and Bank of England’s Mervyn King. To name a few.

Gish Gallop reached out to local Bilderberg expert Skyy Wolford (An alternative researcher who was recently astonished when David Copperfield--not the fictional one--made the iconic Del Rio Theater Tower disappear) for his insights on the infamous and secretive group. No comment.

According to the management at Herrington’s, they have no knowledge about the upcoming meeting. When pressed, they told us they had no comment, but also said that, “we should know, because that Lou guy was invited.”
Look, we’re not going to talk about it,” said a spokesperson for the famous mountain resort. “If you need more information on it, talk to Dwayne [Gish].”

As it turns out, Gish Gallop has been invited to attend the 2019 Bilderberg Group Meeting.

“I can’t talk much about the invite,” said Mr. Gish in an email. “But suffice to say, Bill Gates is a huge Gish Gallop fan and personally invited me. You can only get in by invite. Or in the case of Alex Jones, you can force yourself in with a bullhorn, but that behavior normally doesn’t get you to the good seats, if you know what I mean. ‘Nuff said.”

According to people in Gish Gallop’s extended “infowars” network, conspiracy theorist par excellence Alex Jones has made no announcement about whether he plans on protesting the event. Gish Gallop plans on covering the 3 day event and will attempt to interview any prominent persons as they land in the grassy meadow just across from Herrington’s Sierra Resort.

Bilderberg Group to Meet in Sierra City in 2019

Mar 2018
Grayson
Thanks. I see things differently.

The US is the model for the world, a central limited government comprised of "states," nations.

Finding and actualizing solutions for the problems/challenges humankind collectively faces, with no place left to escape their repercussions, will require coordinated, global effort.

Globalism as a solution is inescapable, and an evolution that if ignored mortally threatens all of humankind, and indeed the earth's biosphere.

However, I doubt humankind will evolve sufficiently to avoid apocalypse. The wheels are in motion, and even cooperation on a global scale beginning tomorrow is unlikely to stop the inertial that has resulted from decisions previously made. The immature idea that some nations can thrive while others decay is both a greedy thought and a fool's errand.
I always appreciate your input - even when we disagree. America was built a shining city on a hill. But, I will never be so naive to think that all nations will want to be what we were. Rather I think history is and always will be cyclical.

Mar 2018
Grayson
History shows us that both: accidents can happen, and sometimes there are groups plotting conspiracies! The problems arise when interpretations are made immediately, and based on ideology or who's involved.
That's a very good clarification. Conspiracy theorists are too quick to assign blame or explain away situations. It causes them to adopt the wrong solutions and they over-react, sometimes going after those who agree with them that a problem and / or issue exists.

Oct 2010
Colorado
I always appreciate your input - even when we disagree. America was built a shining city on a hill. But, I will never be so naive to think that all nations will want to be what we were. Rather I think history is and always will be cyclical.
I see that too, but lordy, we have folks within our country who aren't interested in being any shining city on a hill, or even holding that vision as an ideal however unreachable.

The global nature of challenges is something new, as is the disappearance of the frontier. While space is a frontier, it
presents an incredibly hostile environment for Homo sapiens sapiens, and it offers no utility whatsoever for absorbing "off-beat" populations.

All of our planet hunting so far has shown us just what a fine, rare planet our earth is.

Dec 2016
Canada
There is a far more compelling case to be made that America was built on stolen land by an enslaved workforce, and not the 'shining city on a hill' in the wishful thinking national myth created after the settler-colonial uprising of 1776.

A clear eyed look at American history would reveal that America's great success and transition to global empire was made possible by depopulating most of a continent, and claiming its resources, and bringing in lots of free labor. Problem now is that the empty frontiers of this 'shining city' have been all filled up for at least 100 years...leaving no room for the poor( especially immigrants) to go west and stake land claims, and try to strike it rich....the process that prevented the class wars and uprisings that overtook Europe on a regular basis. So now, most of the ways America gains wealth today is by increasing use of military power or threat to use force to leverage the establishment of puppet regime governments that open the doors to export of a nation's wealth to foreign capitalists....Venezuela being the most recent target!

And, it needs to be said again to hopeful liberals, that the days of the New Deal aren't coming back to US shores! That ship has sailed also, and the bipartisan neoliberalism established 40 years ago, is cannibalizing the wealth of Americans at home also, and turning the living conditions for most into the same as third world living conditions. Unless a new system is established in this world that breaks up the transnational capitalist system, it will be more of the same continued wealth extraction until it can no longer function....which will likely be when we're all facing extinction because of environmental calamity or nuclear war.