Lots Of People Are Really Unhappy With Their Tax Refunds This Year

Nov 2012
nirvana

They’re just waking up, I know just what they’ll do. Their mouths will hang open a minute or two, then the boobs down in Trumpville will all cry boo-hoo.

Below is just a small sampling of Twitter reactions from taxpayers who expected a bigger refund following the passage of the GOP tax scam at the end of 2017.

Hoo-boy! Lots of people are really unhappy with their tax refunds this year

May 2018
USA
Nov 2012
nirvana
Hilariously, I'm going to get $2,400 more back than before Trump's tax giveaway. Chalk that up to my house being paid for (I paid it off in 5 years, 10 years ahead of schedule).

That's really got to annoy the Trumpsters, a non-Trumpanzee getting MORE money back :D
Hey, good for you. This won't be the case with 90% of tax filers though. And keep in mind it only gets worse going forward, as any cuts on middle income earners go away a little more each year, until they go away entirely by year five. Only the upper income earners, and corporations keep their cuts permanently.

Something tells me that law drawn up on napkins with not one vote from Democrats will be gone by then.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Hilariously, I'm going to get $2,400 more back than before Trump's tax giveaway. Chalk that up to my house being paid for (I paid it off in 5 years, 10 years ahead of schedule).

That's really got to annoy the Trumpsters, a non-Trumpanzee getting MORE money back :D
Is that because of your accelerated rate of payoff, ie higher mortgage payments, you got a larger deduction?

May 2018
USA
Is that because of your accelerated rate of payoff, ie higher mortgage payments, you got a larger deduction?
I have no idea. The accountant that did my taxes last year was doing comparisons with his customers, and he told me I'd be saving $2400 more in taxes the next year (this year). I never itemized or anything, and the new rules punish itemization.

I'm kinda halfway expecting the accountant's...account...to be incorrect this year when I do my taxes :D

May 2018
Chicago
Hey, good for you. This won't be the case with 90% of tax filers though. And keep in mind it only gets worse going forward, as any cuts on middle income earners go away a little more each year, until they go away entirely by year five. Only the upper income earners, and corporations keep their cuts permanently.

Something tells me that law drawn up on napkins with not one vote from Democrats will be gone by then.
From what I have heard around my office, anyone who owns a home is screwed. One of my coworkers just got hit with $13,000 owed. He's freaking out. He's not rich either. He and his wife had no differing circumstances this year, and last year they got a refund. We've all been trying to help him figure it out to the point he has shared all his finances with us. That's pretty serious. So far, we can't figure out why he owes this astronomical amount of money and he's scared. He's an extreme case, but everyone I know so far who owns a home is getting seriously screwed.

We're not talking about a person who even earns 6 figures here, just for perspective. He's a middle class guy.

Jul 2018
Earth
From what I have heard around my office, anyone who owns a home is screwed. One of my coworkers just got hit with $13,000 owed. He's freaking out. He's not rich either. He and his wife had no differing circumstances this year, and last year they got a refund. We've all been trying to help him figure it out to the point he has shared all his finances with us. That's pretty serious. So far, we can't figure out why he owes this astronomical amount of money and he's scared. He's an extreme case, but everyone I know so far who owns a home is getting seriously screwed.

We're not talking about a person who even earns 6 figures here, just for perspective. He's a middle class guy.
Someone has to pay the college bills for those Dreamers.