Lowering voting age to 16

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) voiced her support on Thursday for lowering the federal voting age to 16, telling reporters during a press conference that doing so would be a boon to voter engagement in the U.S.

Pelosi said Thursday that lowering the voting age would drive interest in politics among younger Americans who are learning about the subject in high school. The Speaker said that changing the voting age to 16 would help drive a higher level of voter awareness and turnout.

"I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16," Pelosi said. "I think it's really important to capture kids when they're in high school, when they're interested in all of this, when they're learning about government, to be able to vote."

Pelosi says she backs lowering voting age to 16

So.... how does any of this make sense? Is this going to be part of the 2020 platform? Gosh, i would love o video of Bobby O'Rourke jumping on a table screaming this.

But seriously is this something that the leftists are pushing?

Apr 2014
Heart of America
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) voiced her support on Thursday for lowering the federal voting age to 16, telling reporters during a press conference that doing so would be a boon to voter engagement in the U.S.

Pelosi said Thursday that lowering the voting age would drive interest in politics among younger Americans who are learning about the subject in high school. The Speaker said that changing the voting age to 16 would help drive a higher level of voter awareness and turnout.

"I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16," Pelosi said. "I think it's really important to capture kids when they're in high school, when they're interested in all of this, when they're learning about government, to be able to vote."

Pelosi says she backs lowering voting age to 16

So.... how does any of this make sense? Is this going to be part of the 2020 platform? Gosh, i would love o video of Bobby O'Rourke jumping on a table screaming this.

But seriously is this something that the leftists are pushing?
I think she's just saying that to piss off RWNJs because it's a completely idiotic idea. If it were up to me, I'd raise all adult ages up to 25.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I think she's just saying that to piss off RWNJs because it's a completely idiotic idea. If it were up to me, I'd raise all adult ages up to 25.
IDK if one thing has to do with the other, but Andrew Yang just came out this week in favor of lowering the voting age to 16?

Is it a conicidence? Maybe.
Is it Nancy Pelosi trying to take the wind out of the sails of a non-establishment candidate? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
One age for everything makes sense.

Why would this be to just "piss off RWNJs"? That isn't logical.

Are there any people who are in favor of this?

Apr 2014
Heart of America
IDK if one thing has to do with the other, but Andrew Yang just came out this week in favor of lowering the voting age to 16?

Is it a conicidence? Maybe.
Is it Nancy Pelosi trying to take the wind out of the sails of a non-establishment candidate? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe
Ain't gonna happen since it requires a Constitutional amendment. They're just making noise.....and pissing off the Right. Fox News is getting some mileage out of it:

Rep. Ayanna Pressley proposes lowering voting age to 16, claims maturity not an issue

Move over Millennials, Oregon lawmakers introduce bill to lower voter age to 16

Apr 2014
Heart of America
One age for everything makes sense.

Why would this be to just "piss off RWNJs"? That isn't logical.

Are there any people who are in favor of this?
Politics. Such things usually do one of two things or both. This is both.

Rally the party

Piss off the opposition

Apr 2014
Heart of America
That would mean the age of consent would have to be lowered too. Selective service and all that.
Works for me! But the Democrats are notorious for running down the road of unintended consequences yelling "Weeeeeeeeee!"

Great campaign slogan though: "Old enough to vote, old enough to fuck".

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Ain't gonna happen since it requires a Constitutional amendment. They're just making noise.....and pissing off the Right. Fox News is getting some mileage out of it:

Rep. Ayanna Pressley proposes lowering voting age to 16, claims maturity not an issue

Move over Millennials, Oregon lawmakers introduce bill to lower voter age to 16
Could that be the reason? No BS we see the right do and say things for no other reason than to piss off the left. So is Pelosi doing the same?