LSD STUDY REVEALS UNPRECEDENTED "HARMONIC" REORGANIZATION OF BRAIN

Feb 2006
California
Ongoing neuroscience research on psychedelic drugs like LSD and psilocybin is increasingly demonstrating the healing potential of these substances. In the case of LSD, researchers note in a recent article in Scientific Reports, this healing comes from the drug’s ability to help patients’ brains “reset” connections that cause persistent mental health issues like depression, substance use disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
Ongoing neuroscience research on psychedelic drugs like LSD and psilocybin is increasingly demonstrating the healing potential of these substances. In the case of LSD, researchers note in a recent article in Scientific Reports, this healing comes from the drug’s ability to help patients’ brains “reset” connections that cause persistent mental health issues like depression, substance use disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Wake me up when they discover it's a cure for tRumpism =)

Feb 2020
far side of the moon
This research may be flawed. I know someone who is 71 and has recently taken some LSD. I don't see that it has helped his mental state one iota! This person has dabbled alot in his younger years with pot and other various illicit drugs and I have not seen any evidence that his drug taking over the years has ever improved his mental state. I remain very skeptical and frankly, quite unimpressed and not convinced of the merit of this documented research findings. Apparently, the person I know was overlooked. He is still bipolar and depressed after all these years.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
This research may be flawed. I know someone who is 71 and has recently taken some LSD. I don't see that it has helped his mental state one iota! This person has dabbled alot in his younger years with pot and other various illicit drugs and I have not seen any evidence that his drug taking over the years has ever improved his mental state. I remain very skeptical and frankly, quite unimpressed and not convinced of the merit of this documented research findings. Apparently, the person I know was overlooked. He is still bipolar and depressed after all these years.
What therapy is 100 percent effective for anything? :)

Under the right conditions, the right timing, the right dosage, an LSD experience can be life-altering in a good way. LSD research beginning in the 50s consistently returned data supporting its ability to produce profound and positive psychological effects. Treating alcoholism was one of its first therapeutical applications.

A 2012 meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies conducted during the 1960s concluded that a single dose of LSD had a significant and long-lasting beneficial effect on a drinking problem for 59 percent of the patients who received it compared to 38 percent of the patients who took a placebo.​
Patients also reported gaining a new sense of awareness and spirituality, a feeling of unity with people and nature, and an inner peace that lasted up to six months after taking the single dose of the drug. Moreover, only eight out of 536 patients in the study had a negative reaction to the LSD – but suffered no lasting harmful consequences.​
These encouraging results led to the expansion of research on the medicinal effects of psychedelic drugs in the U.S. and Europe to treat not only alcoholism, but also anxiety and depression. Even Bill Wilson, co-founder of AA, used LSD and believed that it could facilitate the kind of spiritual experience that many AA members find necessary for lasting recovery. In fact, Wilson underwent several sessions of LSD psychotherapy in the late 1950s. He felt that the LSD-induced spiritual experiences were very similar to his mystical experience with a hallucinogen called belladonna alkaloid in 1934 that in part led to the formation of AA.​

I had two "trips" that indeed changed my life through insights into the interconnectedness of life, and by putting me in touch with the part of the mind from which our thoughts and feelings originate.

I never had a "bad trip," but I witnessed them and I assisted people who had them. Just as fire can keep you warm or burn down your house, the utility of LSD is not in its effects alone but in its applications in specific sets of circumstances.

That said, I believe most people would benefit from an LSD experience. For some reason(s), we humans have a very difficult time seeing past the bounds of ego, and LSD's primary effect is to dissolve ego and facilitate direct expericnce, to break down the ego's barriers that keep us from loving our neighbors as we love ourselves.

Reactions: cwII
Jul 2019
Georgia
It's not for everyone, and set and setting are extremely important.

I have seen it make some people crazy as fuck. My good friend got puddled 25 years ago and can't speak a complete sentence to this day. He's a true acid casualty.

I haven't ever used it therapeutically, only recreationally, but it does the trick for me every time. I took to it easily though, from the first time I tried it i was in love. I still don't do it all the time, maybe once a month or so if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Georgia
What therapy is 100 percent effective for anything? :)

Under the right conditions, the right timing, the right dosage, an LSD experience can be life-altering in a good way. LSD research beginning in the 50s consistently returned data supporting its ability to produce profound and positive psychological effects. Treating alcoholism was one of its first therapeutical applications.

A 2012 meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies conducted during the 1960s concluded that a single dose of LSD had a significant and long-lasting beneficial effect on a drinking problem for 59 percent of the patients who received it compared to 38 percent of the patients who took a placebo.​
Patients also reported gaining a new sense of awareness and spirituality, a feeling of unity with people and nature, and an inner peace that lasted up to six months after taking the single dose of the drug. Moreover, only eight out of 536 patients in the study had a negative reaction to the LSD – but suffered no lasting harmful consequences.​
These encouraging results led to the expansion of research on the medicinal effects of psychedelic drugs in the U.S. and Europe to treat not only alcoholism, but also anxiety and depression. Even Bill Wilson, co-founder of AA, used LSD and believed that it could facilitate the kind of spiritual experience that many AA members find necessary for lasting recovery. In fact, Wilson underwent several sessions of LSD psychotherapy in the late 1950s. He felt that the LSD-induced spiritual experiences were very similar to his mystical experience with a hallucinogen called belladonna alkaloid in 1934 that in part led to the formation of AA.​

I had two "trips" that indeed changed my life through insights into the interconnectedness of life, and by putting me in touch with the part of the mind from which our thoughts and feelings originate.

I never had a "bad trip," but I witnessed them and I assisted people who had them. Just as fire can keep you warm or burn down your house, the utility of LSD is not in its effects alone but in its applications in specific sets of circumstances.

That said, I believe most people would benefit from an LSD experience. For some reason(s), we humans have a very difficult time seeing past the bounds of ego, and LSD's primary effect is to dissolve ego and facilitate direct expericnce, to break down the ego's barriers that keep us from loving our neighbors as we love ourselves.
I had one bad trip, and it was nothing like I ever experienced. The acid wasn't bad, the acid was incredible but I did too much when my mind wasn't in the right place and whoooboy it was a very rough 8+ hours.

I didn't touch it for about a year or so after that and I had bought a sheet.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I had one bad trip, and it was nothing like I ever experienced. The acid wasn't bad, the acid was incredible but I did too much when my mind wasn't in the right place and whoooboy it was a very rough 8+ hours.

I didn't touch it for about a year or so after that and I had bought a sheet.
It's been several years since I last took a hit.

About ten years ago I tripped with some friends and it had bee about 15 years since I'd last tripped. Throughout the years, what I noticed was the LSD had less and less effect because...........

Because, the insights, the ego death, the appreciation of the Oneness have become integrated into my day-to-day experience. So, it's not exactly
correct to say the LSD has less effect as it is to say that the "distance" between where I am and where it takes me has greatly diminished.

When I take it I feel a "pressure." I feel "forced" by an "external agent" essentially against my will, but not like it's something bad that I don't want to do.

The two life-altering trips, and a handful of others I'd call "quite profound," ( lol ), they were doses put together "in the day" by people who wanted to send ya to white light land, tabs that could be split four or even eight ways and still trip your ass off. I wonder, do you know what I mean by going white light?

Reactions: se7en
Feb 2006
California

About ten years ago I tripped with some friends and it had bee about 15 years since I'd last tripped. Throughout the years, what I noticed was the LSD had less and less effect because...........

Because, the insights, the ego death, the appreciation of the Oneness have become integrated into my day-to-day experience. So, it's not exactly
correct to say the LSD has less effect as it is to say that the "distance" between where I am and where it takes me has greatly diminished.

When I take it I feel a "pressure." I feel "forced" by an "external agent" essentially against my will, but not like it's something bad that I don't want to do.

The two life-altering trips, and a handful of others I'd call "quite profound," ( lol ), they were doses put together "in the day" by people who wanted to send ya to white light land, tabs that could be split four or even eight ways and still trip your ass off. I wonder, do you know what I mean by going white light?
Less and less effect is because the mics are way lower with LSD than back in time, the best mushroom from my experience is Golden Teacher...

Lysergic acid diethylamide

1582469143582.png

Psilocybin mushroom

1582469190609.png

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia

Word. Most everyone I know takes it less and less as they get older. I still got a lot of ego to kill, personally. That, and I do a lot of concerts and it's an enhancement thing.

I have friends who are smoking DMT during a regular acid session and say it's one of the most profound experiences they've ever had.

one of them added shrooms to the mix and rode alien rollercoasters all night, and when he came to he wondered how long he was gone so he looked at his iPod and saw he played Donovan's"Hurdy Gurdy Man" 121 times :lol:

im not really a heroic doser like that. A hit or 2 will do, but I do want to try the DMT thing next L trip.

Reactions: intangible child