Make No Mistake, the Midterm Elections Were a Democratic Victory and a Rebuke of Trump

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Record breaking turnout, tons of democratic young voters, a frenzy of voter outbreak, and the Democrats did not even gain the average House seats, and lost Senate seats rather than gaining six.

May 2018
Chicago
Jimmy has a myopic vision or no vision--one or the other. Let's review voter turnout, shall we? Lee, do you think that a record-breaking mid-term turn out had ANYTHING *ANYTHING* AT ALL to do with Trump? His lies? His stupidity? His ignorance? His tweets? His ineptness??
Hard question, eh?

Voter turn-out 2018 hit a 50 year high. That's the highest turnout for a midterm since 1966, when 49 percent of the population showed up to vote. Voters who NEVER voted....VOTED. So my question WHY?

Jimmy will probably tell you it has NOTHING to do with Trump. He will tell you the Dems should have done better. He will tell you......... so what if Dems took 9 governorships and the House?
The voters don't LIKE TRUMP. They don't like his policies, his power trips, his congress, his cabinet, his dictatorship, his lies, his fraud, OR his violent rhetoric. They don't like their children being murdered. They don't like being killed at concerts or in CHURCHES. So THEY VOTED.
Of course it was all about Trump. It clearly was.

Nov 2017
Virginia
Ok, rebuke Trump for what exactly? I voted for him, I'm very satisfied with how he has performed as president so far, and I see no reason that he has to be rebuked.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Ok, rebuke Trump for what exactly? I voted for him, I'm very satisfied with how he has performed as president so far, and I see no reason that he has to be rebuked.
Of course you are "very satisfied" with Trump because you are one of the disciples.
What about the policies that are unacceptable to many. His immigration policies seem immoral. He fails to recognize climate change and pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord. He has advocated for policies that hurt the poor and promote greater inequality. His dismantling of health care would have harmed millions of Americans (Repeal and Replace)and NOW he says he supports portions of ACA??

His failure to see the value of the Trans-Pacific Partnership has damaged our effectiveness throughout Asia. His decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal is reckless and dangerous for America and the world. The America I know doesn't go around breaking its agreements with other countries, particularly our allies.

This president refuses to be bound by an independent judiciary. He is determined to make the institutions of government work for him rather than for all the people and he does NOT represent ALL people. In fact, he doesn't even pretend to represent ALL Americans.
This president calls the press the enemy of the people. Any news he doesn't like or reflects poorly on him he calls fake news. His staff has created a whole new American vocabulary: Alternative facts. Truth isn't truth.

This president seems to believe that being president is the same as being king. Everyone on his staff or in government exists to do his bidding. If he is challenged, he attacks those who are challenging him. Those who are investigating him are called to be the ones investigated. Anyone getting close to damaging information about him may be fired or have their personal reputation reduced to tatters.
This president praises some of the most despicable dictators on the planet--murdering thugs: Putin, Erdogan, Duterte, Xi, and Little Kimmie and Trump says "we fell in love".

I haven't even addressed the issues of decency, morals, character and truthfulness.
AND YOU are satisfied with this president?

Sep 2015
earth
Its time we moblize now. We have to win it all in 2020. We need to get in the face of all GOP supporters. Not just ones in the news. If you got a neighbor who is a GOP supporter, get in their face, make them feel unwelcome anywhere. Go after them, their families, make them live in fear. Intimidate them. The put stickers on their vehicles, their vehicles are fair game. In their yards, their houses are fair game. Win at all costs. Abolish the GOP

May 2018
Chicago
Its time we moblize now. We have to win it all in 2020. We need to get in the face of all GOP supporters. Not just ones in the news. If you got a neighbor who is a GOP supporter, get in their face, make them feel unwelcome anywhere. Go after them, their families, make them live in fear. Intimidate them. The put stickers on their vehicles, their vehicles are fair game. In their yards, their houses are fair game. Win at all costs. Abolish the GOP
Did you have to work at being crazy or does it just come naturally?

Sep 2017
Pennsylfaani
stickers are intimidating indeed.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
This president refuses to be bound by an independent judiciary. He is determined to make the institutions of government work for him rather than for all the people and he does NOT represent ALL people. In fact, he doesn't even pretend to represent ALL Americans.
An independent judiciary is under the seperation of powers doctrine, which the judiciary has violated the seperation of powers by ruling against Trump's plenary powers.

The president does not represent the people. There is not one clause in Article II regarding the president having any power over the people.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I'll just focus on a couple of facts.

Next cycle we have 1.4 million more people who will be eligible to vote in Florida. Who might hold a grudge against the GOP.
That might tip the balance.
And hispanic registrations in Texas were up 500%, it's about time they figured out how to get that done.

Mar 2017
Massachusetts
Of course you are "very satisfied" with Trump because you are one of the disciples.
What about the policies that are unacceptable to many. His immigration policies seem immoral. He fails to recognize climate change and pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord. He has advocated for policies that hurt the poor and promote greater inequality. His dismantling of health care would have harmed millions of Americans (Repeal and Replace)and NOW he says he supports portions of ACA??

His failure to see the value of the Trans-Pacific Partnership has damaged our effectiveness throughout Asia. His decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal is reckless and dangerous for America and the world. The America I know doesn't go around breaking its agreements with other countries, particularly our allies.

This president calls the press the enemy of the people. Any news he doesn't like or reflects poorly on him he calls fake news. His staff has created a whole new American vocabulary: Alternative facts. Truth isn't truth.

This president seems to believe that being president is the same as being king. Everyone on his staff or in government exists to do his bidding. If he is challenged, he attacks those who are challenging him. Those who are investigating him are called to be the ones investigated. Anyone getting close to damaging information about him may be fired or have their personal reputation reduced to tatters.
This president praises some of the most despicable dictators on the planet--murdering thugs: Putin, Erdogan, Duterte, Xi, and Little Kimmie and Trump says "we fell in love".

I haven't even addressed the issues of decency, morals, character and truthfulness.
AND YOU are satisfied with this president?
All of that sounds good to me.