Man Assaults 13 Year Old for "Disrespecting the Anthem"

May 2018
Chicago
I'll tell you right wing fascists something right now- next time I go to a different country to play hockey, I alsolutely will NOT stand for our anthem.

Should I be killed? Should my skull be broken like this kid's? Or am I free to say what I want as is guaranteed in our constitution?

Tell me right wingers- do you believe in the constitution or do you not?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Guess what, violence is man like. And it does not always make men bad. The Left has emasculated a whole generation. People are getting wise to it and hopefully can turn it around.
bodyslamming a reporter because he asked you a question that hurt your feelings is bad, and not "manlike"
breaking a child's skull because he hurt your feelings by wearing a hat is bad, and not "manlike"

Dec 2016
Canada
I agree. I've never understood the notion of people saying their country is the best country in the world. Perhaps my skeptical nature just won't allow me. But I've been to the US, Mexico, Canada (kinda), Ireland, Scotland and heading to Japan. I'm also more interested in local, national and international politics than probably the average Joe. But even with all that, I have ZERO credibility saying which country is the greatest in the world.

As Jim Jeffrey said, I could go to Holland and bang a prostitute in the street while smoking a joint in front of a cop without any consequences. That sounds like a pretty solid country :zany:
No likes for this "Jim Jeffrey," that aside, nationalism mirrors sports team fanaticism, which even though I got tickets for three Raptors games earlier this year and celebrated their NBA victory ..... at a local sports bar, I still didn't get the fanatical devotion people have for the Home Team! Only one of the players is Canadian, the rest like their stay in Toronto....but go back home to the US or Europe in a few cases. It's not like it's a team with anyone from the home town. Seems big league sports applies a lot of the same motivations that nationalism uses.

Apr 2019
America
bodyslamming a reporter because he asked you a question that hurt your feelings is bad, and not "manlike"
breaking a child's skull because he hurt your feelings by wearing a hat is bad, and not "manlike"
I spoke of the virility this country needs. I never said those things were manlike. I was referring to the big picture. A generation of perpetual doormats wants this country and it freedoms gone.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I spoke of the virility this country needs. I never said those things were manlike. I was referring to the big picture. A generation of perpetual doormats wants this country and it freedoms gone.
Complete nonsense.
You obviously have no idea in the world what either virility or being "manlike" even means.
This thread is about a very specific incident. If you want to ramble on about on aboit some "big picture" then start a thread on it.

Apr 2019
America
Complete nonsense.
You obviously have no idea in the world what either virility or being "manlike" even means.
This thread is about a very specific incident. If you want to ramble on about on aboit some "big picture" then start a thread on it.
I know that Teddy Roosevelt warned us about losing it and then losing this country.