Mattis Leaves the Kids in Charge at Trump’s White House

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Follow the link to see the Green Acres routine.

Jim Mattis Leaves the Kids
in Charge at Trump’s White House
The president’s dervish act shows how worried he is
about a Dem Congress going after him and
attacks from his base about the wall.
“Nobody's been able to do what I've been able to do… Nobody's been able to do anything like this. Actually, most people didn't even try because they knew they didn't have the ability to do it.” – President Donald Trump, “60 Minutes” interview, Oct. 15, 2018.
He’s right. Few politicians have the ability to chase away a capable, well-regarded defense secretary, order thousands of U.S. troops out of Syria and Afghanistan, instigate a government shutdown, help foment a deep stock market swoon and share a video of themselves dressed in overalls and singing “Green Acres” to promote a farm bill – all in the same day.​
Fewer still choose to go into full whirling dervish mode when they’re already swamped with law enforcement investigations and the opposition party is weeks away from assuming oversight and investigative powers that promise to make each day at the office even more harried and nettlesome.​
Then again, as Thursday’s events reinforced, Donald Trump is that most singular of political types: Someone fully capable of burning down everything around him if they feel cornered.​

More here: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Dec 2015
Arizona
If Trump thought the FIRST two years of the presidency were rough (who knew they could be so hard), he's about to experience a tsunami of PAIN.
These are interesting times.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
If Trump thought the FIRST two years of the presidency were rough (who knew they could be so hard), he's about to experience a tsunami of PAIN.
I almost .... almost feel sorry for DJT sometimes. I believe he is unaware of his lies, or misrepresentations to be PC.

But his list of lies continues growing as does his list of enemies. His 2020 destination does not look good for him.

Reactions: Bad Bob
Apr 2014
redacted
He needs to be removed from office.
Agreed. I expect even the Republicans are starting to realize that the 25th Amendment or impeachment need to come into play before Trump fucks up even more relations with our allies.

Apr 2014
redacted
I almost .... almost feel sorry for DJT sometimes. I believe he is unaware of his lies, or misrepresentations to be PC.

But his list of lies continues growing as does his list of enemies. His 2020 destination does not look good for him.
I believe the term you are looking for is “delusional”. :) Just more weight for a 25th Amendment action.

Apr 2014
redacted
The Republicans have tried to work with him but as 2018 ends in total chaos, the worst stock performance since 2008, severely deteriorating relations with our allies and a government shutdown over a monument to Trump, I think they will start collectively working to remove Trump for the good of the nation.

Reactions: Clara007