Meanwhile, In Russia..

May 2019
USA
Russia isn't even a generation out of communism. It will take generations for them to settle into a more even-keeled version of democracy. US sanctions over a region we really don't care about one way or the other surely aren't helping him be able to stabilize things, particularly the desperate need for an organized, functioning central banking system that would be necessary to even begin to crack the nut of corruption, organized crime, etc.

Jul 2019
SoCal
Russia isn't even a generation out of communism. It will take generations for them to settle into a more even-keeled version of democracy. US sanctions over a region we really don't care about one way or the other surely aren't helping him be able to stabilize things, particularly the desperate need for an organized, functioning central banking system that would be necessary to even begin to crack the nut of corruption, organized crime, etc.
I'm not a fan of Putin's election meddling not to mention his murderous ways. I say we make him pay dearly.

Jul 2019
Georgia
time for a quick history lesson for you

1. Putin was KGB in the USSR

2. when the USSR dismantled (thanks, in part to America & Reagan), Putin was devastated, and vowed to reassemble the USSR

3. Putin turned what was a kinda/sorta attempt at democracy into a kleptocracy/oligarchy. You do not "settle" into an even-keeled version of democracy from these systems of government.

4. Putin began his plan to reassemble the USSR (which America fought a years' long Cold War with) by the invasion of Ukraine, annexation of Crimea, and other active measures in those countries and other countries which were once part of the Soviet Union, as well as with involvement in other world conflicts (see Syria)

5. Putin involved himself in other worldly politics, the Ukraine, Brexit, and the 2016 US Presidential election

6. all of the above does make sanctions necessary and the US care about this region. We have for years. Literally.

these are things all Americans should know

Jul 2019
Georgia
this news today has got me even more on edge

this added with Barr at AG, and McConnell, and a completely complicit GOP, they are protecting and placing a corrupt president above the law. For one thing -> power.

this same president who trashes our allies and warms up to hostile foreign leaders

this is how fascism begins.

a lot of people say I care way too much, but I've studied way too much history to turn a blind eye to what's happening right in front of our faces

May 2019
USA
I'm not a fan of Putin's election meddling not to mention his murderous ways. I say we make him pay dearly.
Some places in the world need a bit of an iron fist. If it becomes intolerable, it is the Russian people's job to make him pay, not ours. We are a few hundred years into this experiment and we still have plenty of issues of our own that need to be sorted. On a more practical and immediate note, how can we pretend to be outraged in Russian interference in our elections and then turn around and interfere in theirs and be seen as an honest broker of anything? Their circus, their monkeys.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Jul 2019
Georgia
Some places in the world need a bit of an iron fist. If it becomes intolerable, it is the Russian people's job to make him pay, not ours. We are a few hundred years into this experiment and we still have plenty of issues of our own that need to be sorted. On a more practical and immediate note, how can we pretend to be outraged in Russian interference in our elections and then turn around and interfere in theirs and be seen as an honest broker of anything? Their circus, their monkeys.
do you really think 97% of the Russian people keep willingly voting for Putin every election?

the Russian people do not have a choice. Please read the articles linked in the OP of this thread for evidence of such.

Reactions: Rescue Basket
May 2019
USA
time for a quick history lesson for you

1. Putin was KGB in the USSR

2. when the USSR dismantled (thanks, in part to America & Reagan), Putin was devastated, and vowed to reassemble the USSR

3. Putin turned what was a kinda/sorta attempt at democracy into a kleptocracy/oligarchy. You do not "settle" into an even-keeled version of democracy from these systems of government.

4. Putin began his plan to reassemble the USSR (which America fought a years' long Cold War with) by the invasion of Ukraine, annexation of Crimea, and other active measures in those countries and other countries which were once part of the Soviet Union, as well as with involvement in other world conflicts (see Syria)

5. Putin involved himself in other worldly politics, the Ukraine, Brexit, and the 2016 US Presidential election

6. all of the above does make sanctions necessary and the US care about this region. We have for years. Literally.

these are things all Americans should know
The world will be better off when cold war indoctrinated thinkers and thinking are dead.

Reactions: Gdjjr