Meanwhile, In Russia..

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
That's the best gift you can give to Putin to consolidate his power. You see russians are paranoid about some mythical western enemy. It's understandable partially because of the WW2 and that is carefully cultivated by Putin and the oligarchs. What we should do is support the opposition, it's a fine line to thread, so that it is not obvious, do educational broadcasts about western life, particularly how economy, science, even factories function in the free world, never act aggressively.
That is strategy right out of 1984. Make sure you have an enemy. Russia does that with the west, Dotard does that with the press. And whether the entity is an actual enemy or not is irrelevant, as long as you can get the masses to think they are.

Reactions: se7en
Jun 2018
Toronto
That is strategy right out of 1984. Make sure you have an enemy. Russia does that with the west, Dotard does that with the press. And whether the entity is an actual enemy or not is irrelevant, as long as you can get the masses to think they are.
We should show them something they would want to identify with. Trump per example suspended some nuclear treaty. I can only imagine how much this was milked by Putin's propaganda machine.

May 2018
USA
We should show them something they would want to identify with. Trump per example suspended some nuclear treaty. I can only imagine how much this was milked by Putin's propaganda machine.
Yup. Plus Trump begged on behalf of Russia at G7. Plus Trump groveled towards Putin in that earlier meeting where Trump blathered Top Secret information and cast aspersions on the USA's intelligence service. Plus Trump pulled us out of the "Open Sky" treaty, which kept track of Russian military assets. Hmmm, wonder who that benefited? Plus Trump pulled out of Syria, damaging USA credibility (who'd want us as allies now?), and helping Putin/Erdogan.

Time and again Trump aids Mother Russia, damages American credibility around the world, and all with the full cover of the GOP, which is complicit in TREASON as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: se7en
Jun 2018
Toronto
Yup. Plus Trump begged on behalf of Russia at G7. Plus Trump groveled towards Putin in that earlier meeting where Trump blathered Top Secret information and cast aspersions on the USA's intelligence service. Plus Trump pulled us out of the "Open Sky" treaty, which kept track of Russian military assets. Hmmm, wonder who that benefited? Plus Trump pulled out of Syria, damaging USA credibility (who'd want us as allies now?), and helping Putin/Erdogan.

Time and again Trump aids Mother Russia, damages American credibility around the world, and all with the full cover of the GOP, which is complicit in TREASON as far as I'm concerned.
I would be careful not to put an equal sign between Putin and Russia. Just as much as with Hitler and Germany or Trump and the US for that matter.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
I have a friend who gives lectures on the Cold War

his last lecture, titled "The End of the Cold War"
is now called "Approaching Intermission"
Epitaph on the Vietnam Wall: PROUD TO DIE TAKING A RICH KID'S PLACE

Hey, why not? The Deep State's sons never had to fight in Cold War I.