Meanwhile, In Russia..

Dec 2018
New England
Wow.

So what's Romney saying about Russia now?

I ain't heard him say much of anything as of late. He's a Senator again isn't he?

edit: google search shows me that just about every media outlet gave him props on his early concerns about Russia too

romney russia - Google Search
My observation spoke more to how Democrats have been behaving and less so about Romney.

Jul 2019
Georgia
My observation spoke more to how Democrats have been behaving and less so about Romney.
Oh ok. Well the thread has to do with current affairs in Russia,

what is Congress and our current administration doing about Russia today?

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I remember back when the Russian interference news started coming about, and all the trumpers were in complete denial,

(they used to actually pretend to hate Putin)

I said they'd go from denial to saying "Putin's not so bad"

and here we are

I was a young kid during the Cold War, but I've never forgotten that we're not BFF's with Russia. Not even close.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few Russian trolls posting here as staunch Trump supporters.

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Georgia
nothing to see here, just a floating Chernobyl out at sea

Floating Chernobyl | Russia's Floating Nuclear Power Plant

A 459-foot long towed platform ship built in Russia is heading for the Arctic coast. But the ship setting sail, the Akademik Lomonosov, isn't exactly seen as innocuous by environmentalists.

That's because it's carrying two nuclear reactors.

Greenpeace dubbed the ship the "Floating Chernobyl" and "Chernobyl on Ice" before it took off on its voyage (and before this year's hit HBO series revived public interest in the 1986 nuclear disaster).

Last week, the Akademik Lomonosov left the Arctic port of Murmansk in northwestern Russia and will travel 3,100 miles on its maiden journey to the port of Pevek on the Chukotka Peninsula in the East. The trip should take two to three weeks to complete.

The ship, painted in the colors of the Russian flag, is named for Mikhail Lomonosov, a Russian scientist and writer responsible for such contributions as the law of conversation of mass in chemical reactions and his discovery of Venus's atmosphere....

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I'm not a fan of Putin's election meddling not to mention his murderous ways. I say we make him pay dearly.
I am not either, I am still trying to figure out why Obama allowed Putin to meddle in the election, he was told of the meddling in June, and did nothing until DECEMBER 2016... (after the election).

Reactions: BondJmsBond
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
What about the Russian nuclear explosion that only happened a few days ago that was supposed to be a nuclear missile test? Russia has built a barge nuclear reactor to power the Artic to piss off the Polar Bears. Fission byproducts have been found that only could have only have been made from Uranium 235 (weapons grade) in the failed nuclear missile test in Siberia. Children should not play with fire.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
What about the Russian nuclear explosion that only happened a few days ago that was supposed to be a nuclear missile test. Russia has built a barge nuclear reactor to power the Artic. Fission byproducts have been found that only could have only came from Uranium 235 in the failed nuclear missile test. Children should not play with fire.
Yup.

New details on Russia's mysterious missile disaster suggest a nuclear reactor blew up
A mysterious explosion at a Russian weapons testing site earlier this month released various radioactive isotopes, creating a cloud of radioactive gases that swept across a nearby town, the country's state weather agency said Monday, and experts said the mixture removes all doubt about what blew up.​
The deadly August 8 blast at the Nyonoksa military weapons testing range released a handful of rapidly decaying radioactive isotopes — strontium-91, barium-139, barium-140, and lanthanum-140 — which have half-lives ranging from 83 minutes to 12.8 days, the Roshydromet national weather and environmental monitoring agency said in a statement on test samples.​
"These are fission products," Joshua Pollack, a leading expert on nuclear and missile proliferation, told Insider. "If anyone still doubts that a nuclear reactor was involved in this incident, this report should go a long way toward resolving that."​
Alexander Uvarov, the editor of the independent news site AtomInfo.ru, told the news agency RIA Novosti that these isotopes were products of nuclear fission involving uranium, Agence France-Presse reported Monday. This collection of radioisotopes could be released by a reaction involving uranium-235.​
...In the aftermath of the explosion, Russia's explanation of the accident and its risks varied, several nuclear monitoring stations in Russia mysteriously went offline, doctors treating the wounded said that they were forced to sign nondisclosure agreements and that hospital records were destroyed, and one doctor was found to have a radioactive isotope in his muscle tissue. Russia has insisted that the cesium-137 detected was the result of something the doctor ate.​
Russian authorities claimed that the incident happened "during tests of a liquid propulsion system involving isotopes," (Russian state media initially said a rocket engine exploded), but Bohmer reportedly explained that short-lived radioactive isotopes would not have been produced by that sort of test.​

New details on Russia's mysterious missile disaster suggest a nuclear reactor blew up

Jul 2019
Georgia
I am not either, I am still trying to figure out why Obama allowed Putin to meddle in the election, he was told of the meddling in June, and did nothing until DECEMBER 2016... (after the election).
not sure why you're still trying to figure that out,

when it's well-known, that Obama didn't want to politicize the issue before the election,

so he went to McConnell in an effort to release a bipartisan statement on the interference, and Moscow Mitch blocked it.

Reactions: imaginethat