Median Household Income Up 5%

Jun 2012
Barsoom
How about some serious immigration reform ?? Let's clear up the issue if children of illegals. Let's make using e-verify law, accompanied by HUGE fines for failing to do so. How about fixing the VA ?? How about some infrastructure maintenance.
I agree that those need fixed, but they are not the job of Congress nor are any of them in federal powers under the Constitution.

The VA is justifiable under the military clauses of Article 1, Section 8.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
How about some serious immigration reform ?? Let's clear up the issue if children of illegals. Let's make using e-verify law, accompanied by HUGE fines for failing to do so. How about fixing the VA ?? How about some infrastructure maintenance.
We should make e-verify a law and require all workers is the US carry a federally issued identification card w/ a microchip in it holding all of the workers information (including banking) and real time location.

That sounds like Liberty and freedom.

Fayt

Former Staff
Jul 2010
Not in MD
Try section 8 of Article 1 jimmb.

My thoughts are simple. I just believe the median household income is being inflated due to more people (mainly the younger generation) moving in with each other or their parents. Therefore contributing to the household income. Individual income is still terrible.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2012
Barsoom
Try section 8 of Article 1 jimmb.

My thoughts are simple. I just believe the median household income is being inflated due to more people (mainly the younger generation) moving in with each other or their parents. Therefore contributing to the household income. Individual income is still terrible.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Article 1, Section does not grant any of the powers listed in Bubba's post other than the VA.

The median household income for male and female American full time workers did not go up 5%, but went up 2%. This is before the negative income growth rate from 2009-2015 is deducted for an Obama average.

Fayt

Former Staff
Jul 2010
Not in MD
Article 1, Section does not grant any of the powers listed in Bubba's post other than the VA.

The median household income for male and female American full time workers did not go up 5%, but went up 2%. This is before the negative income growth rate from 2009-2015 is deducted for an Obama average.
I got that. Not arguing that you're wrong. The use of nominal and real numbers is important. To bubba's point (or mine), the "general" part in the constitution means just that. It's general or overall. So it's whatever we believe our tax dollars should go towards.

Its constitutional.

Fayt

Former Staff
Jul 2010
Not in MD
Anymore thoughts as for why our median household income have rising?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
I got that. Not arguing that you're wrong. The use of nominal and real numbers is important. To bubba's point (or mine), the "general" part in the constitution means just that. It's general or overall. So it's whatever we believe our tax dollars should go towards.

Its constitutional.
There is no "general part in the construction." It as explicitly known by the founders. It would have never been ratified the were general powers.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Anymore thoughts as for why our median household income have rising?

Fayt

Former Staff
Jul 2010
Not in MD
There is no "general part in the construction." It as explicitly known by the founders. It would have never been ratified the were general powers.
Yeah Yeah Yeah. Alexander Hamilton and Madison debated this and our Supreme Court ruled that Hamilton was right. Love or hate the SC its constitutional.

Fayt

Former Staff
Jul 2010
Not in MD
Okay