Medicare For All: Threat Or Menace?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Pipe Dream.. Chicken in Every Pot promise that will not and cannot be kept. Medicare for all requires putting a pillow over Mom's face until she is dead dead dead.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Pipe Dream.. Chicken in Every Pot promise that will not and cannot be kept. Medicare for all requires putting a pillow over Mom's face until she is dead dead dead.
Fuck yeah, I mean it might work if we were as smart as Canadians, but this country is loaded with ignorant morons who enjoy paying more to get less.
They would hate Medicare for all.....

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Fuck yeah, I mean it might work if we were as smart as Canadians, but this country is loaded with ignorant morons who enjoy paying more to get less.
They would hate Medicare for all.....

Smart as Canadians that are left to suffer and die, and sue the Canadian Government for the right to buy US PRIVATE INSURANCE to get medical care?

Top court strikes down Quebec private health-care ban | CBC News

So you like people suffering and dying, says you

Mar 2008
australia
i was having a conversation a few months ago with some doctor colleagues. we were discussing how there are a whole lot of diseases and complications that we read about in med school and in old textbooks, but have never seen. they are historic; because we identify and treat disease early these days, there are many diseases that never progress to the point they used to generations ago. thats medicine in the 21st century, we screen for illness, treat aggressively and treat early, and a lot of problems just never happen.

then one of them spoke about their experience working in america. she said in america you DO see those medical problems that are historic everywhere else. only in america do you still see pagets disease, or epiglotitis, or a massive goitre . i know about these things, because i have seen pictures in history books about what used to happen before we had decent medical care.

but it still happens in america.

Nov 2018
Montana
Yeah, imagine if there was a retirement program funded from employer and employee paycheck withdrawal and a health care program for the elderly funded in a similar fashion.... It would NEVER work.... also, maybe we could have an interstate highway system funded by gasoline tax or conservation programs funded by hunting and fishing licenses.... nah... that would never work.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Yeah, imagine if there was a retirement program funded from employer and employee paycheck withdrawal and a health care program for the elderly funded in a similar fashion.... It would NEVER work.... also, maybe we could have an interstate highway system funded by gasoline tax or conservation programs funded by hunting and fishing licenses.... nah... that would never work.

Yes lets look at the success of that

12% of an employee's income is taken to fund retirement.

a person making 20,000/year will receive 100o/month when they retire. 65-73 is 12 years 144 months

They receive in principle and return of 144,000 dollars

This employee is not a real good employee lets say they worked for 30 years and did not get a raise from their original 20,000 there total investment is 30,000 with a match from the employer of 30,000 (total 60,000 investment)

Now if the SAME FUNDS had been put in an average investment of Stock index funds.

How Would Historical Stock Market Returns Have Impacted You?

average return since 1973-2017 was 11.6% (lets say 12% for ease of calculation)

1988-2017..

12% of 20,000 is 200/month

What would have the employee have if this was properly invested
1549948040518.png

Social security cost the retiree

616,000-144,000 = 472,000 dollars.

This loss does not include the return on the investment that occurs from 65-73

instead of a benefit of 60,000/year the social security benefit is only 24,000/year 1/3rd
NUFF SAID.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
i was having a conversation a few months ago with some doctor colleagues. we were discussing how there are a whole lot of diseases and complications that we read about in med school and in old textbooks, but have never seen. they are historic; because we identify and treat disease early these days, there are many diseases that never progress to the point they used to generations ago. thats medicine in the 21st century, we screen for illness, treat aggressively and treat early, and a lot of problems just never happen.

then one of them spoke about their experience working in america. she said in america you DO see those medical problems that are historic everywhere else. only in america do you still see pagets disease, or epiglotitis, or a massive goitre . i know about these things, because i have seen pictures in history books about what used to happen before we had decent medical care.

but it still happens in america.
This is because we have 20,000,000 PEOPLE that have migrated illegally from 3rd world countries bringing these diseases to this country.

we screen for these illnesses in the US and have ended them, then we have 20,000,000 illegal migrants, in Australia this does not occur because the people carrying these diseases are NOT ALLOWED to immigrate they are turned away..

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I mean do you ever, ever check what you write?

Yes I do. Is reading not fundamental in Massachusetts.

Citizens of Canada sued the government because they were suffering and dying, they sued for the right to purchase US Style Private health insurance so they would not be left to die due to Rationing of the Canadian NHS.

The Canadian Supreme Court ruled in FAVOR of the citizens right to live.